Pttv: Dunfermline Athletic Highlights

fritzy

Thoughts are:

1st goal

-Maybe/probably a handball.

-Definately a high foot foul.

-Don't back off and let the opposition shoot!

2nd goal

-Their player was more keen to win/keep the ball for dunfermline than anyone we have has been this season. This is part of the problem.

-Look at the players heads go down for the second goal going in.

In general

-We NEVER, EVER win a header from one of our own corners. Rowson, Kinniburgh and Doolan all try but never once in the game did we win a header from our own corner.

are you boys being serious?

hand ball? his arm is on the shoulder of the jags player and he's facing the other way!

high foot? he goes in with the ball at thigh height and his studs are directed at the ground!

sad really that you can't notice the god awfull first touch from flannigan(?). i mean really, terrible first touch.

but hey. yeah, it was a hand ball and a high foot! :thumbsup2:

Did anyone else notice the swearing going on in the background? The highlights should have an 18 certificate! :lol:

Im sorry we can't blame the ref for the result, yes it was a clear handball but then follows another passage of play where we have comfortable possession of the ball until someone passes back to mcnamara who is under pressure and then mcnamara takes a terrible first touch allowing Dunfermline to easily win the ball back and our backing off defence invites Clark to shoot and we're 1-0 down.

For the 2nd goal I didnt realise we had won the ball off a dunfermline player who then wins it straight back, and this time mcnamara was caught out of position and well beaten for pace allowing dunfermline an easy run into the box. He was caught out similarly for one of Stirling's goals as well, I think we've brought him back too soon and anyway why did we even sign a 37 year old who has just broken his leg? It means he has had no pre-season and looks to be well short of match fitness, so IMO the gamble in signing him certainly hasn't paid off.

Did anyone else notice the swearing going on in the background? The highlights should have an 18 certificate! :lol:

Im sorry we can't blame the ref for the result, yes it was a clear handball but then follows another passage of play where we have comfortable possession of the ball until someone passes back to mcnamara who is under pressure and then mcnamara takes a terrible first touch allowing Dunfermline to easily win the ball back and our backing off defence invites Clark to shoot and we're 1-0 down.

For the 2nd goal I didnt realise we had won the ball off a dunfermline player who then wins it straight back, and this time mcnamara was caught out of position and well beaten for pace allowing dunfermline an easy run into the box. He was caught out similarly for one of Stirling's goals as well, I think we've brought him back too soon and anyway why did we even sign a 37 year old who has just broken his leg? It means he has had no pre-season and looks to be well short of match fitness, so IMO the gamble in signing him certainly hasn't paid off.

I hesitated to bring this up, but you've encouraged me. He really has made f*** all difference to our overall performances or results. Yet I imagine there'll be a fan club just as there is for Donnelly: "He's miles better than the others around him." "Too classy" etc etc. Well. we've got the both of them, they're both old and past it, and we're losing every match and seemingly heading for relegation with these wonderful ex-tims picking up their pre-pension wage packets thanks to us.

I hesitated to bring this up, but you've encouraged me. He really has made f*** all difference to our overall performances or results. Yet I imagine there'll be a fan club just as there is for Donnelly: "He's miles better than the others around him." "Too classy" etc etc. Well. we've got the both of them, they're both old and past it, and we're losing every match and seemingly heading for relegation with these wonderful ex-tims picking up their pre-pension wage packets thanks to us.

I think he has shown himself to still have quality despite his age, that said he has been at fault (arguably) for the last 4 goals conceded at Firhill and McCall say heehaww. Yet we have a promising central midfielder who tried to burst forward wi the ball at Palmerston, got it nicked off him inside the Queens half. They score after defenders back off and miss tackles and McCall singles Cairney our for blame wi that one. :thinking: