What A Sensation!

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Apologies if I missed posts about this book earlier, but I don't recall seeing any discussion, criticisms, recommendations......

In any case i intend to buy it, but just out of curiosity, any views on the book?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/1971-What-Sensation-Partick-football/dp/1780916256

I got it given to me for Christmas last year- really enjoyed it. Very well written.

On 1/13/2023 at 3:07 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Apologies if I missed posts about this book earlier, but I don't recall seeing any discussion, criticisms, recommendations......

In any case i intend to buy it, but just out of curiosity, any views on the book?

https://www.amazon.co.jp/1971-What-Sensation-Partick-football/dp/1780916256

When we did the 40th Anniversary Celebrations we interviewed the Man Himself - The Great Arthur Montford ( and also David Hay ) Arthur had spoken to Davie McParland before the game and he was totally confident we could win ( it was an off the record chat so not the normal interview he had with Davie McP ) also Davie Hay said at HT Celtic were confident they could score 5 in the Second Half 

4 hours ago, Deco City Jag said:

Likewise was given the book, good read. Interesting to read the differences in teams pre match preparations even back then night and day between what Celtic could afford and us. These days fear the gulf would be even bigger!

Och! I don't know. Sure we could afford a Travelodge in Paisley while Celtic sit by the pool in Dubai. Not much difference.