Dodged a bullet ….

javeajag

10 hours ago, Jordanhill Jag said:

Like a Cup draw or a Fan Bailing you out at the last minute 

Thats called luck - not a Plan and if neither of them happen you go bust 

Hence why a £600K Black Hole is the single largest risk to a Club the size of PTFC 

You run the Club on Breakeven - you have prudent and sensible budgets - you minimise Non Football overhead - you build in a buffer in case your Budgets dont match your expectations 

Exact same as any other Business 

You dont "Hope" for a Old Firm Cup Draw or a Wealthy Fan last minute bail out 

Anyone at the Club who works on the "Hope" strategy should be no where near decision making 

There is no such thing as a Budget "error" there is poor budgeting & bad management - the Budget didnt trip and fall over - it wasnt a "mistake" it was poor budgeting  

Calm down. 
I am not denying that we got lucky with the cup draw and that in order to pay the wages a fan bailed the club out. Of course there are such things as budget errors, but sure bad management. Anyway that is history. The extra income I was talking about was the cash injection from TJF and £10K a month and what looks like an increase in ST sales. I am sure the board are working hard to bring in extra revenue from other sources too. Those are the kind of things to break the never ending cycle of decline you talked about combined with cutting costs which the current board seem to be doing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Calm down. 
I am not denying that we got lucky with the cup draw and that in order to pay the wages a fan bailed the club out. Of course there are such things as budget errors, but sure bad management. Anyway that is history. The extra income I was talking about was the cash injection from TJF and £10K a month and what looks like an increase in ST sales. I am sure the board are working hard to bring in extra revenue from other sources too. Those are the kind of things to break the never ending cycle of decline you talked about combined with cutting costs which the current board seem to be doing.

Wonder if Gerry leaving is connected?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scotty said:

Wonder if Gerry leaving is connected?

I'm assuming Gerry carried out all the football related administration. That was something that was traditionally the role of the club secretary (or secretary to chairperson). The appointment of a CEO appears to arise when club directors don't have the time to carry out the day to day stuff over and above football admin. 

So, yes, this development could well be cost cutting. A lot tho' rides on whether any member(s) of the board have the skill set and just as importantly the time to carry out duties that would lead to cost cutting. Maybe a wee bit of an added problem as we're currently being run by an interim board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm assuming Gerry carried out all the football related administration. That was something that was traditionally the role of the club secretary (or secretary to chairperson). The appointment of a CEO appears to arise when club directors don't have the time to carry out the day to day stuff over and above football admin. 

So, yes, this development could well be cost cutting. A lot tho' rides on whether any member(s) of the board have the skill set and just as importantly the time to carry out duties that would lead to cost cutting. Maybe a wee bit of an added problem as we're currently being run by an interim board.

We do not need a CEO or a COO ( Operations Director ) we are a small Business that has 25 Games a Year at Firhill 

We require a small admin Team - bring in people as required for Matchday and the Board each take on a responsibility same as any other Company 

Its not a Golf Club - the Board are not a " Committee " if they dont have the time to committ to working for the Club - dont go on the Board - its as simple as that 

We cannot afford a High Wage Bill for Non Football Overhead ( nor do we need one )     

• Like 1