Do Thistle's Results Influence Your Drinking?

Jaggernaut

Does the Jags result have any effect on how much alcohol you drink, or what kinds of alcohol you drink?

Personally, I'm more likely to drink a few glasses of wine and a whisky or two to celebrate a victory than to commiserate a defeat. If the Jags lose, I actually don't feel like drinking anything except tea!

Needless to say, my liver has been having a relatively easy life recently.

Last night saw it working overtime, though. In training for the rest of the season!

Edited by Jaggernaut

Absolutely no difference at all, I hardly touch alcohol from week to week, or month to month even. My drinking habits involve having one random pint like when i'm out for a meal or i've went for a drive somewhere and i'm being a tourist and sometimes before a home game in the aitken suite, when i'm out on a night out I generally drink Jack and get plastered, none of those scenarios are effected by the Thistle result.

I think if my life had a social life that involved a closer connection to the city centre,and even more so involved hanging about with a group of jags fans(and i was younger) then the quantity of alcohol consumed would increase with a victory and stay the same with a draw or defeat. I don't think ANY scenario would change my choice of tipple except perhaps the odd novelty drink(shots etc) during the increased victory consumption.

Does the Jags result have any effect on how much alcohol you drink, or what kinds of alcohol you drink?

Personally, I'm more likely to drink a few glasses of wine and a whisky or two to celebrate a victory than to commiserate a defeat. If the Jags lose, I actually don't feel like drinking anything except tea!

Needless to say, my liver has been having a relatively easy life recently.

Last night saw it working overtime, though. In training for the rest of the season!

The results tend not to influence my drinking, the locality of the game most certainly does tho...and often descends into various Thistle-related discussions on the bus home. Alas the debate on the way home yesterday turned into a full-on arguement, today I am feeling sorry for the poor buggers on the bus who had nowt to do with things but had to listen to us. Sorry chaps :blush:

I blame the drink :D

Results have no bearing on my drinking. I take the car to some games and go straight home or I get the train and bus and go out after the game.

The deciding factor on what I do surrounds my working pattern.

I know before I set out what I'm doing after the game and the outcome of the match will make no difference.

Driving up for all games restricts me to two pints in the Strathy pre-match and a couple of Irn Brus there or the AS afterwards, irrespective of the result. However, when we get that once-in-a-while great result (can't remember the last time I witnessed one) I phone the screaming skull to let her know that the fog is so bad I daren't chance it back home that night and will leave my return journey till the next day. I then park somewhere safe and go promptly on the pish and crash at my mate's hoose. :)

Driving up for all games restricts me to two pints in the Strathy pre-match and a couple of Irn Brus there or the AS afterwards, irrespective of the result. However, when we get that once-in-a-while great result (can't remember the last time I witnessed one) I phone the screaming skull to let her know that the fog is so bad I daren't chance it back home that night and will leave my return journey till the next day. I then park somewhere safe and go promptly on the pish and crash at my mate's hoose. :)

:thumbsup2: