Scotland Vs. Spain

Jaggernaut

We showed some fight, and we performed a couple of good moves and it's a little gutting to pull two back against the world and european champs and gain no points from it, but let's face facts, we are no-where near their level and just couldn't compete, no big surprise there.

Biggest disappointment of the night is that if we had went at C.R like that on friday we would have an extra 3 points at this stage of the group.

Edited by Hot Shot

Last night showed that Levein got it totally wrong against the Czechs - and Lichtenstein too. He is not an international class manager as his miserable time at Leicester showed. The SFA chose to make a cut-price appointment and have paid the price. There is no way that we will qualify with this numpty in charge. Even after last night's performance, I would sack Levein. There is plenty of time to find a replacement with tactical nous who can inspire the players.

Don't think I've ever left a Scotland game so frustrated. Not because we lost to Spain, but because the performance showed how much better we could have done in Lithuania or the Czech Republic if Levein had shown more faith in the players. His negative tactics in both games are going to come back to haunt us this campaign.

Last night showed that Levein got it totally wrong against the Czechs - and Lichtenstein too. He is not an international class manager as his miserable time at Leicester showed. The SFA chose to make a cut-price appointment and have paid the price. There is no way that we will qualify with this numpty in charge. Even after last night's performance, I would sack Levein. There is plenty of time to find a replacement with tactical nous who can inspire the players.

Very well summarised, particularly the bit in bold. The performance was entirely down to the players, in spite of Levein, not because of him. His perverted attempt to be novel against the Czechs will be a damning indictment against us for decades to come.

How he's thus far managed to delude himself into thinking that McCulloch is more worthy of a start than Charlie Adam is a mystery that only he can attempt to answer. Adam took a wee bit to settle into the game then showed touches that put him light years ahead of McCulloch in any right thinking person's mind. The fact that he's had to wait this long for a break into the team, given his recent performances in the EPL, makes Levein look all the more a clueless twat which he patently is.

I agree with the above, Levin got it all wrong! The match against the Czechs was if not winnable then at least point getable? If there was ever a team to play 4-6-0 (although there are no circumstances where this should be allowed) it was Spain. I am much happier to go down glorious failures having had a go, but Friday's game was capitulation before a ball was kicked. Levin and Houston have no idea!