The Dundee Game

Big Dave

:thumbsup2:

I've not been to many Thistle away games recently, but although I actually lived within earshot of Dens and Tannadice briefly a few years ago I never liked Dens. One especially bad day was in the Cup, when we were in the Premier and they were in the 1st. They won 2-1, last minute winner I think, and we were housed in that old wreck of a stand.

Is that the same one we've been allocated this time? I imagine the atmosphere will be fiery anyway, but when we start up the taunts...

For so many reasons I'm staying well away on Saturday. Ideally I wouldn't have wanted us to be the first visiting team, as they'll be well up for it. It's going to be a difficult one for us, fans and players. I hope the team and really up for it, and up to it.

It could really kick off. I can just see one meaty tackle, then.... Feck it, I'd love to win soo much, but I'd grab a draw with both hands right now.

Edited by beep0608

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be brilliant. :happy2: GIRFU them. :partyhat: Wasn't it Steven H who did the "We Believe" banner? Maybe he is feeling creative again......get your old bedsheets looked out :lol:

Naw, it was a joint effort between a few of us...and Mrs H done most of the work. Not going to Dundee tomorrow but if I was it might have been something to consider. Oh and it wasn't old bed sheets it was crisp new hospital sheets full of starch, wouldn't work wi old bed sheets ;)

Naw, it was a joint effort between a few of us...and Mrs H done most of the work. Not going to Dundee tomorrow but if I was it might have been something to consider. Oh and it wasn't old bed sheets it was crisp new hospital sheets full of starch, wouldn't work wi old bed sheets ;)

Apologies for my hazy recollection of the exact facts young Steven, galaxy-hopping back and forth takes it's toll on yoda's memory banks sometimes, it does.

Here's me thinking a 'Good luck Jocky Scott' banner might get a few tails up. B)

Good idea - though I would warn those around or holding said banner to beware - Jocky is still loved by some in Tayside, so if you see a deformed hunchbacked man with an absolutely enormous black dildo in his hands emerging from the derry, swaying ungainly from side to side and approaching you (swatting any players/stewards/polis in his way aside with said monster implement being used like a club), or a cat with a jetpack swooping down....run and hide - or you may be violated and taken back to Jocky's liar to party with the great mustachioed one himself, with Leigh Griffiths being the dj (LG is only allowed to play Beastie Boys tracks so be warned if the BB's aren't your thing).

Simple one for me as I couldn't make it tomorrow if I wanted to.

Otherwise I'd be torn down the middle on whether to stay away, depriving them of the £19 the bare-faced tramps think they can extort from us, or going to give the boys our full vocal backing (they will need it) and wracking my wee brain to come up with as many outrageous notions on how to get it right fukcin up that shower of fat, manky crypto-huuns.

I'd decided weeks ago to go up to Dens for this one and what's happened in the last week is completely irrelevant to that decision as far as I'm concerned. It seems that some folk on here have stronger negative feelings towards Dundee than they have positive ones for Thistle.

With the big crowd behind them and the (wrongly) perceived injustice of the SFL decision Dundee are likely to be fired up for this one, making it one of our hardest games of this season. Because of that I'd hope as many Jags fans as possible would get up to Dens and get behind the team.

This persuaded me to go

Are they even trying to squeeze us into a corner, to persuade us not to go, to make their own away support look better? Imagine we filled the section and had to overflow....

Shame there isnt going to be a big jags fans turn out it could cause the stewards etc no end of problems

Forthbank is not bad, Stirling certainly isn't the worst away day of the season.

Slow train makes it a 2-3 can journey, up to the Albion pub for some football banter with the Binos, taxi to the game, bus back into town from Morrisons, a wee pub crawl around the main street where there are a few good boozers, plenty of eateries and carry out shops, train home. All the while trying to avoid that horrible "Sportsters Bar", those things are the utter pits, there is one in Perth as well. Hopeless staff, worse food and stupid bar prices, "aye but it's got the football on lets go there", "shut it, we always end up going there and leaving cause its garbage", "but I want to watch the football", "naw you dont, we never actually watch the football in the pub when its on", "come on lets just go in", "NAW".