The Dundee Game

Big Dave

If we are to win the next two games which may be possible, we then have the cheats at Dens. A jags team on the rise, usually our brilliant fans would go whoever we are playing, but should we fill the coffers of Dundee . Personally I'd go if they reduced the entrance fee to £16. No pies programme or anything else, just the entrance fee. What do you think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are to win the next two games which may be possible, we then have the cheats at Dens. A jags team on the rise, usually our brilliant fans would go whoever we are playing, but should we fill the coffers of Dundee . Personally I'd go if they reduced the entrance fee to £16. No pies programme or anything else, just the entrance fee. What do you think?

Good question, but there's probably gonnae be no programmes or pehs due to them not paying the suppliers.

Good question, but there's probably gonnae be no programmes or pehs due to them not paying the suppliers.

Ha ha! Good point! Although I don't really like them very much, I still feel I'd help them out with a reduced entry fee. I would imagine their fans are as fanatical as we are and hate the old firm etc etc. Now, if it was their lovely neighbours across the road then that's another matter all together!

Ha ha! Good point! Although I don't really like them very much, I still feel I'd help them out with a reduced entry fee. I would imagine their fans are as fanatical as we are and hate the old firm etc etc. Now, if it was their lovely neighbours across the road then that's another matter all together!

I doubt it mate - if they did, they would not sing hello hello and other songs that closely resemble the hymn sheet of the knuckle draggers from across our city and they wouldn't bring union flags to the games either.

Personally I would not give them a penny.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think I'm going to go. Stuff them!

I'm going to London and will take in Fulham v Aston Villa for only a few quid more than they are charging at Dens Park.

£19 for 1st division football should have people considering whether to go before the issue of Dundee being cheats who attempted to buy the league even comes into it.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Not sure whether I'll go or not. Rather illogically I think the amount of points deducted (if any) they receive may influence my decision.

Do I read the league table right, if we win we could be in fourth place, lose and we could be in 10th? :unsure:

Depending on Dundee's punishment you're right we could be anywhere from 4th to 10th come Saturday evening.

For us to be bottom it would require Morton beating Dunfermline, Ross County beating Falkirk, Stirling losing by 1 less goal than us and Dundee to get a points deduction of 5 or less.

I'm still thinking about going as I don't take in too many away games. The wife is over visiting relatives in Australia so I might venture out with my youngest. Would it be best to to try to book onto the CC bus or should the train take the strain; thinking cheapo taickets if i book on-line... but dunno' what the best option is. Still probably an expensive day though.

Long gone are the glory days of the South Side PTFC bus and a team of us going to every away game!

I'll wait and see the outcome of their points deduction on monday.

If they get deducted 30 points, I might make the trip in order to point and laugh at them. (and take some photocopied tenners to throw in their buckets)

If the deduction is only 10 points, there is no way I will pay them a solitary penny which could help these cheats slither out of administration again.

I'll wait and see the outcome of their points deduction on monday.

If they get deducted 30 points, I might make the trip in order to point and laugh at them. (and take some photocopied tenners to throw in their buckets)

If the deduction is only 10 points, there is no way I will pay them a solitary penny which could help these cheats slither out of administration again.

If the deduction is 20 points will you go to Dundee and stand outside the stadium?

;)

Just my opinion but i hope there is not one thistle supporter in the stadium next week..........and i don't think it would harm the team if there wasn't.

Twice in 7 seasons that lot have cheated.....remember the game at firhill just after the last time they went into admin....novo stamping on one of our guys...him being on the park to score the equaliser then run to jags fans to rub it in....and then barry smiths last gasp winner !!! that day still hurts.......now to go up their and give them 19 quid just to hear them being all smug as to how they'll cheat their way out of major punishment a second time..........dont get me wrong i don't want them to go out of business...wouldn't wish that on any team, but ain't gona give them a penny to help them out...no way.

Just my opinion but i hope there is not one thistle supporter in the stadium next week..........and i don't think it would harm the team if there wasn't.

Twice in 7 seasons that lot have cheated.....remember the game at firhill just after the last time they went into admin....novo stamping on one of our guys...him being on the park to score the equaliser then run to jags fans to rub it in....and then barry smiths last gasp winner !!! that day still hurts.......now to go up their and give them 19 quid just to hear them being all smug as to how they'll cheat their way out of major punishment a second time..........dont get me wrong i don't want them to go out of business...wouldn't wish that on any team, but ain't gona give them a penny to help them out...no way.

The thing is: there are already too many football fans who no longer go to away matches because they don't want to give funds to the opposition. That's one of the reasons (only one, but one nonetheless) that the atmosphere at football matches is dying. If almost no Thistle fans turn up at Dens, then you can be sure that there'll be even fewer of them at Firhill next time. Who loses out financially? Our club (unless all those that claim to avoid Dens because of cost, their behaviour etc. donate the money to the Jags instead).

Always say I'm never going back there. Pure rip-off and due to the stewarding it's like trying to enter the Third Reich. Even my Da got searched last time, stamping on my feet to check I wasn't wearing steelies n aw, total OTT!

But, I always end up going regardless, rarely pass up a chance to get along to a game.

Always say I'm never going back there. Pure rip-off and due to the stewarding it's like trying to enter the Third Reich. Even my Da got searched last time, stamping on my feet to check I wasn't wearing steelies n aw, total OTT!

But, I always end up going regardless, rarely pass up a chance to get along to a game.

Any steward who deliberately stood on my feet would get exactly the same treatment back from me, even if it meant that I didn't get into the game.