The Dundee Game

Big Dave

Any steward who deliberately stood on my feet would get exactly the same treatment back from me, even if it meant that I didn't get into the game.

I would normally have, but was actually a wee bit shocked and took me a while to take it in properly, until i was sittin fuming inside the ground. What exactly did he think I was gonna do? kick other Jags fans with steel toecaps? Dont think so!

Oh and from experience the stewards/cops at St Johnstone always seem to be just as bad!

Edited by spider jag

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would normally have, but was actually a wee bit shocked and took me a while to take it in properly, until i was sittin fuming inside the ground. What exactly did he think I was gonna do? kick other Jags fans with steel toecaps? Dont think so!

Oh and from experience the stewards/cops at St Johnstone always seem to be just as bad!

In any case, there's no law whatsoever against wearing steel-reinforced toecaps. Refusing somebody entry into a match because they were wearing protective footwear would be the scandalous type of small-mindedness that newspapers would love.

I'm hoping that the depression of a massive points deduction coupled with the apathy of our away support, might prompt Dundee into reducing the gate prices for Saturday. Than and only then will I go. I can go to Firhill with my son for £17, going to Dundee will set me back £29 and that's even before i've included travel etc! I hate to put a price on following my team but FFS.

Nothing would make me happier than watching us win at Dens.

Nothing.

Everyone, get your asses up to Dundee for game! A 3pts is a must, so lets give the boys all the support we can give them! A large amount of Dundee fans come to Firhill and a ticket there is only £2 cheaper, so we cant take the moral highground on this one :)

That's simply not correct. Certainly not in comparison to their home support. True they brought 899 fans to the first home game last season but that was when they were in a very good position of winning the league (I'm sure they were clear top in fact). We pushed that match (even getting coverage in the Courier) as Glasgow's Big Game, which from our attendance (circa 3500 Jags fans) was a successful campaign. Pound for pound Dundee's away support at Firhill going back as far as our last season in the SPL must rank as about the lowest.

That's simply not correct. Certainly not in comparison to their home support. True they brought 899 fans to the first home game last season but that was when they were in a very good position of winning the league (I'm sure they were clear top in fact). We pushed that match (even getting coverage in the Courier) as Glasgow's Big Game, which from our attendance (circa 3500 Jags fans) was a successful campaign. Pound for pound Dundee's away support at Firhill going back as far as our last season in the SPL must rank as about the lowest.

Yup. That's my view too. A typical Dundee visiting contingent rarely seems upwards of 300-350 to me. And in that you've got an inordinate proportion of taps-aff, sash-singing Johnny ten bellies setting off flares etc. Vile creatures. :thumbdown:

Not sure whether I'll go or not. Rather illogically I think the amount of points deducted (if any) they receive may influence my decision.

Do I read the league table right, if we win we could be in fourth place, lose and we could be in 10th? :unsure:

Don't like quoting myself but I've had a rethink. A quick visit to Dundee's fans forums and I feel we'll see a concerted/organised boycott of their away matches.

Given they've received a harsh but warranted punishment I would be minded to attend the game on Saturday. But if their fans decide on officially endorsing their stay away of away games I may be now of a different opinion. It's quite understandable their fans will not travel to see their team given the penalty they received today but anything more in line of organising away boycotts (eg fans rallies at Dens on away days) then I feel something reciprocal is well in order.

I guess it'll be a few days yet till we know their fans intentions.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

No Jags fan should go to Dens on Saturday, simples.

Could you qualify that? What's simples to a fan say that attends all Jags games or a Jags fan that maybe can only make certain games, this Saturday being one of those dates. It may be an easy decision to someone who had no intention of going on Saturday or even someone like myself who was swithering whether to go or not but to others it's a much more difficult decision.

I've still not changed my mind about not going to Dens ever again.

But if I was swithering about it, the talk from Dees fans of them boycotting every away game would certainly make my mind up to reciprocate. You would have thought that the position they are in, they would want to attract as many away fans to Dens as possible rather than alienating the whole of Scottish football.

After Falkirk and Stirling's gestures of financial support to Dundee, I think those Dee fans talking about a boycott are an absolute disgrace.

I've still not changed my mind about not going to Dens ever again.

But if I was swithering about it, the talk from Dees fans of them boycotting every away game would certainly make my mind up to reciprocate. You would have thought that the position they are in, they would want to attract as many away fans to Dens as possible rather than alienating the whole of Scottish football.

After Falkirk and Stirling's gestures of financial support to Dundee, I think those Dee fans talking about a boycott are an absolute disgrace.

yeah i posted yesterday that i hope no jags fans go and given the dundee fans reaction tonight, only backs up my post yesterday.

yeah i posted yesterday that i hope no jags fans go and given the dundee fans reaction tonight, only backs up my post yesterday.

Might need to break ranks with you there mate as I go to very few away games these day. The wife is over in Australia so this would be as good excuse as any to enjoy a day taking in a game of fitba - especially when the hosts are still clutching their b**s having been docked all those lovely points :lol: These days I've got to take every opportinity that I can to engage in my guilty pleasures. But not as bad as a mate who tried for years to get his bird to wear one of Bobby Law's old shirts. I'm still trying to get my head round who the object of his desire really was! :thinking:

Some Dundee fan posted on P&B that Thistle fans are in the main stand.

If you want to have Cappielow style dog shit facilities, but travel further and pay more to a bunch of whining cheats then I applaud you.

F""k it! I've changed my mind and I'm going! Meant to be a nice day so I will go by bike for a wee run. When I get there I will rip the p""h out of all the Dundee fans and stewards and cheer the boys on. I'm not confident of a win, but I can't risk not being there if we win and having a right good singsong against the cheats!!

Some Dundee fan posted on P&B that Thistle fans are in the main stand.

If you want to have Cappielow style dog shit facilities, but travel further and pay more to a bunch of whining cheats then I applaud you.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_detail_iframe.asp?h=SHANKLY-OPEN-FOR-DUNDEE-SUPPORTERS&newsid=1288

Confirmed here that Thistle fans are in section A&B of the main stand with Dundee getting the Bob Shankly stand we usually get.

So people can add a rubbish view and awful facilities to their reasons not to go.

I can't make the game on Saturday, but if I was going it would be a nice gesture to take along a big self made banner with "Good Luck Dundee Fans" on it, wait for the applause and then unveil a huge NOT!

Actually it wouldn't be nice but it would be funny as hell

F""k it! I've changed my mind and I'm going! Meant to be a nice day so I will go by bike for a wee run. When I get there I will rip the p""h out of all the Dundee fans and stewards and cheer the boys on. I'm not confident of a win, but I can't risk not being there if we win and having a right good singsong against the cheats!!

Hmm, I'm now seriously considering not going. We haven't been in their crappy main stand (pretty much like our excellent main stand) for donkeys' years. They are never anywhere near filling their normal stand behind the goal or what passes for a stand opposite the ancient one, but now they're opening the "away" stand for their fans? What are they hoping for, 25,000 ?

Ach, I've got plenty of work to do. Saturday might be a good time to get some of it done.

I remember us being stuck in the stand for a last game of the season - Murdo vintage? There were only about 50 of us as it was a beyond meaningless game (which we lost 1 - 0)and it was unbelievably cold despite being April. I got served a pie that was 75% grease, which ran down my arm and dripped off my elbow, and then set in the freezing temperature. I then tried to warm up my fingers by sticking them in the lukewarm Bovril. It was a totally sh*t day out

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news_detail_iframe.asp?h=SHANKLY-OPEN-FOR-DUNDEE-SUPPORTERS&newsid=1288

Confirmed here that Thistle fans are in section A&B of the main stand with Dundee getting the Bob Shankly stand we usually get.

Do Dumbdee really believe they are going to get more than 8000 turning up to support them on Saturday (=enough to fill the derry and the Cox stand, and still have room to spare in main stand for any other deeluded numpties), in what is in reality a run of the mill sfl1 match?

It's like all this boycott away matches and put what you'd spend on away trip into their buckets nonsense - be lucky if after a couple of months there is a few dozen still doing this.

I can't make the game on Saturday, but if I was going it would be a nice gesture to take along a big self made banner with "Good Luck Dundee Fans" on it, wait for the applause and then unveil a huge NOT!

Actually it wouldn't be nice but it would be funny as hell

That would be brilliant. :happy2: GIRFU them. :partyhat: Wasn't it Steven H who did the "We Believe" banner? Maybe he is feeling creative again......get your old bedsheets looked out :lol:

Guest fredthecheesecloth

To whom it may concern,

I am a Partick Thistle fan who is considering traveling to the game this weekend. I normally enjoy the trip to Dundee, and I am particularly looking forward to this one as hopefully it will be my last at your ground as you take up your rightful place on the Scottish Football scrapheap come January.

My issue is in relation to seating arrangements. I already fear your pricing will drive fans AWAY from traveling on Saturday, and placing us in your Main Stand is quite frankly a joke. You are treating away fans like cattle, and charging £19 for what would be classed as 'restricted view' anywhere else, is pathetic.

I wish you nothing but bad luck, and come victory or defeat on Saturday, I will be delighted, knowing that the future of my club is secure.

ps - thanks for the money for Harkins.

Kindest Regards

http://www.dundeefc....ERS&newsid=1288

So people can add a rubbish view and awful facilities to their reasons not to go.

The Dundee administrator is trying to get more cash out of visiting fans. It's outrageous! In the view of their fans' boycott of away games, Thistle fans should boycott the game on Saturday.

I'd decided weeks ago to go up to Dens for this one and what's happened in the last week is completely irrelevant to that decision as far as I'm concerned. It seems that some folk on here have stronger negative feelings towards Dundee than they have positive ones for Thistle.

With the big crowd behind them and the (wrongly) perceived injustice of the SFL decision Dundee are likely to be fired up for this one, making it one of our hardest games of this season. Because of that I'd hope as many Jags fans as possible would get up to Dens and get behind the team.

I'm still undecided as to whether i should go or not. £19 is way too much especially in that shit hole of a stand with the restricted view added to that every time ive been to Dens we have been beaten i think i once saw a 2-2 draw way back in my youth so its not exactly a happy hunting ground for me. Mind you if i stay in Glasgow the wife might want to go shopping

The Dundee administrator is trying to get more cash out of visiting fans. It's outrageous! In the view of their fans' boycott of away games, Thistle fans should boycott the game on Saturday.

I'm maybe taking you too literally but the word boycott infers some sort of collective decision making. I've decided not to go on Saturday (I normally rarely miss a Jags game at Dens) but that's my decision and I wouldn't want my absence associated with a boycott, not that one exists.

If as expected there's a lower than normal Jags support at Dens it could reflect badly on Thistle if word got out that it was due to some sort of orchestrated stay away. Both media and public sympathy is bound to be weighted towards Dundee FC for the foreseeable future.

Any talk of boycotts should be left to the many clowns and misguided amongst their support.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I'm maybe taking you too literally but the word boycott infers some sort of collective decision making. I've decided not to go on Saturday (I normally rarely miss a Jags game at Dens) but that's my decision and I wouldn't want my absence associated with a boycott, not that one exists.

If as expected there's a lower than normal Jags support at Dens it could reflect badly on Thistle if word got out that it was due to some sort of orchestrated stay away. Both media and public sympathy is bound to be weighted towards Dundee FC for the foreseeable future.

Ant talk of boycotts should be left to the many clowns and misguided amongst their support.

:thumbsup2: