Easyfundraising Information

We do actually have a banner (and very nice it is as well) but it had been misplaced until recently. It was on display inside the kiosk at the last home game and should be up again at tomorrow's game. The points you make about posters around the stadium are valid and we will look at this (you will see posters around the JH stand about easyfundraising and the Centenary Fund though).

Please feel free to come along to the kiosk tomorrow (or any home game) and see the banner for yourself and we can discuss any issues that you want to bring forward (whilst I wave a membership form at you).

Martin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as the Jags Trust is receiving a higher profile this week, so should Easyfundraising. It's a painless method of raising cash and at no cost whatsoever to you. :thumbsup2:

I'm not one who purchases that much online yet even I've managed to raise funds for the Trust several times more in cash than the annual £10 membership fee.

The only inconvenience is one extra click. All you do is sign up for Easyfundraisingthen bookmark the sites you visit on their favourites page and in return bookmark that page. So once that's done for a single extra click every purchase for instance on Amazon raises 2.5% for the Trust. Renew your car insurance online, still getting your premium as low as possible, and the Trust can often get anything from £10-£30. Plenty more deals like that.

This is really a no brainer (iirc Red Monkey deserves credit for initiating this) and the Trust should really be benefitting annually to the tune of a sum well into four figures.

Just as the Jags Trust is receiving a higher profile this week, so should Easyfundraising. It's a painless method of raising cash and at no cost whatsoever to you. :thumbsup2:

I'm not one who purchases that much online yet even I've managed to raise funds for the Trust several times more in cash than the annual £10 membership fee.

The only inconvenience is one extra click. All you do is sign up for Easyfundraisingthen bookmark the sites you visit on their favourites page and in return bookmark that page. So once that's done for a single extra click every purchase for instance on Amazon raises 2.5% for the Trust. Renew your car insurance online, still getting your premium as low as possible, and the Trust can often get anything from £10-£30. Plenty more deals like that.

This is really a no brainer (iirc Red Monkey deserves credit for initiating this) and the Trust should really be benefitting annually to the tune of a sum well into four figures.

You are quite right and we really do appreciate the funds that are raised for us through easyfundraising (of which easysearch is a part). I do post weekly updates of the amount raised through easysearch and also post information about the monthly competitions that easyfundraising run but as you say with the Trust hopefully gaining a larger profile and more members we will need to look at doing more to make people aware of this easy way to help raise funds for the Trust.

Thanks for your support :thumbsup2:

Edited by Fawlty Towers

Re the bit in bold, bookmark it in the My Favourites bit? Then whenever I use a site, such as Argos or Ebay I just go to that site via this part of easyfundraising and any money spent will be valid for donations to the Jags Trust?

Re the bit in bold, bookmark it in the My Favourites bit? Then whenever I use a site, such as Argos or Ebay I just go to that site via this part of easyfundraising and any money spent will be valid for donations to the Jags Trust?

Provided you log-in to easyfundraising when you sign up and have it selected to remember you, all you have to do is copy the "referral" address for a particular store (e.g. Ebay) and bookmark it. Then, whenever you click your bookmark to start shopping there, any purchases you make in that "session" on that site will credit the Trust with a % referral.

For new users, you can also raise us money AT NO COST to you by looking at the easyfundraising "Free Funds" tab. Lots of things like mobile phone sim cards, free trial with LOVEFILM etc can raise a tidy sum.

Ideally if enough people could sign up to this, it would cover a large chunk if not all of the Trust's administrative costs during any given year, meaning that we get more bang for our buck when we do other fundraising through things like Race and Quiz nights.

Back in the day there used to be recruitmemt drives aimed at getting form users to sign up whenever a good Free Funds offer appeared. The car ones i recall paid about £2.50 for simply registering interest in a car that you were never gonna buy. Worth someone keeping an eye on the 'Free Funds' and letting the forum know about it.

I always forget to use easyfundraising, I'll get back in the way of it...

Provided you log-in to easyfundraising when you sign up and have it selected to remember you, all you have to do is copy the "referral" address for a particular store (e.g. Ebay) and bookmark it. Then, whenever you click your bookmark to start shopping there, any purchases you make in that "session" on that site will credit the Trust with a % referral.

For new users, you can also raise us money AT NO COST to you by looking at the easyfundraising "Free Funds" tab. Lots of things like mobile phone sim cards, free trial with LOVEFILM etc can raise a tidy sum.

Ideally if enough people could sign up to this, it would cover a large chunk if not all of the Trust's administrative costs during any given year, meaning that we get more bang for our buck when we do other fundraising through things like Race and Quiz nights.

Ok still a bit confused. I have been registered for a while but havent used it, but tonight I went onto the easyfundraising site, logged-in, then used their link to get onto Ebay. Signed into my account on Ebay and purchased some stuff. Is that what you are meaning?

Ok still a bit confused. I have been registered for a while but havent used it, but tonight I went onto the easyfundraising site, logged-in, then used their link to get onto Ebay. Signed into my account on Ebay and purchased some stuff. Is that what you are meaning?

You would raise us funds by doing that.

What is being suggested is that you "bookmark" the "referral" links so you don't have to search for a store on easyfundraising every time. As long as your browser automatically remembers your log-in for easyfundraising, you can "save" the referral link and visit the site pretty much direct.

For example:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/offer.php?lid=77&mid=1258&tag=

If you click that...

1. If you automatically log-in to easyfundraising, it will just take you STRAIGHT to eBay and raise you funds for the Trust

2. If you don't automatically log-in to easyfundraising, it will redirect you TO easyfundraising and prompt you to log-in before sending you on to eBay

If you "bookmark" these referral URLs, it's quick and convenient and you'll raise funds for the Trust without even having to remember to visit easyfundraising every time.

Understand?

Some stores' EasyFundraising Links below:

eBay

Amazon

Argos

Back in the day there used to be recruitmemt drives aimed at getting form users to sign up whenever a good Free Funds offer appeared. The car ones i recall paid about £2.50 for simply registering interest in a car that you were never gonna buy. Worth someone keeping an eye on the 'Free Funds' and letting the forum know about it.

I always forget to use easyfundraising, I'll get back in the way of it...

I have attached a link to the "Free Funds" page for easyfundraising so that everyone can see what is on offer and from whom. Despite the title not every offer is free with some requiring a nominal fee (like the Which subscription) but if people could do one or two of these each (there are 146 members of easyfundraising who have the Jags Trust as their organisation) then that would be a great boost to the Trust's funds as well as being very much appreciated!

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/home/raise_funds_for_free/

Edited by Fawlty Towers

You would raise us funds by doing that.

What is being suggested is that you "bookmark" the "referral" links so you don't have to search for a store on easyfundraising every time. As long as your browser automatically remembers your log-in for easyfundraising, you can "save" the referral link and visit the site pretty much direct.

For example:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/offer.php?lid=77&mid=1258&tag=

If you click that...

1. If you automatically log-in to easyfundraising, it will just take you STRAIGHT to eBay and raise you funds for the Trust

2. If you don't automatically log-in to easyfundraising, it will redirect you TO easyfundraising and prompt you to log-in before sending you on to eBay

If you "bookmark" these referral URLs, it's quick and convenient and you'll raise funds for the Trust without even having to remember to visit easyfundraising every time.

Understand?

Some stores' EasyFundraising Links below:

eBay

Amazon

Argos

Right, gotcha now thanks :D

Just to update the position now we are at day 20 of the final quarter for 2010. The total raised between easyfundraising and easysearch is £13.61 - thank you to everyone who has helped in getting this amount raised. Can I also say thank you to the 2 people who have recently registered on easyfundraising, if 2 more join them we will have 150 people who have the Jags Trust registered as their cause. Details of how you can register are below and thanks again for your support :thumbsup2:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/Register/