Radio

Chicofan

Is it just me or is quality of radio programmes declined dramatically in recent times :thinking:

Particularly FM stations..think talksport is excellent and 5 live is ok on mw...but the others i.e clyde,scot fm, radio 1 etc are feckin awful..and whats this one thats replaced the excellent xfm..galaxy??...thats rats cox as anaw :mad2:

Edited by Chicofan

Is it just me or is quality of radio programmes declined dramatically in recent times

Not really, Radio Scotland is okay apart from Tom Morton spoiling the afternoon, five live is okay, talk sport does what it does, Radio 4 and World Service are worth a listen. Now telly!!!! that's a load of rubbish.

I’m a big radio listener, I still call it the wireless which probably gives away my age, even more than I watch the telly.

As already said most of the local FM stations are absolutely appalling. Mostly a constant diatribe of innate drivel. Especially the phone-ins. How do I know this? Because these are the stations on at the local gym.

Mostly I listen to Radio2 and Scotland but also Radios 3 and 4 and the excellent World Service. If you haven’t tuned into the these stations recently give them a go and see what you think.

Is it just me or is quality of radio programmes declined dramatically in recent times :thinking:

Particularly FM stations..think talksport is excellent and 5 live is ok on mw...but the others i.e clyde,scot fm, radio 1 etc are feckin awful..and whats this one thats replaced the excellent xfm..galaxy??...thats rats cox as anaw :mad2:

Scot FM ? !!!!!! You're showing your age there laddie !!!!!!

Radio Scotland does a fair turn now and then.

Have to say, BBC 6 Music is definately worth a listen....some good presenters (Jarvis Cocker, Marc Riley, Guy Garvey etc) and some decent new music.

My work makes me listen to Radio 6 but some of the presenters talking ie Hughie from Fun Loving Criminal and Nemone's banter is awful - that when I put in the headphones and listen to spotify.

Talksport is a good alternative.

BBC Radio 5 for weekday football - although Robbie Savage's commentary does my nut in :mad2:

My work makes me listen to Radio 6 but some of the presenters talking ie Hughie from Fun Loving Criminal and Nemone's banter is awful - that when I put in the headphones and listen to spotify.

Talksport is a good alternative.

BBC Radio 5 for weekday football - although Robbie Savage's commentary does my nut in :mad2:

Huey is excellent. Pity he's only doing the show until Lauren Laverne comes back from maternity leave.

6Music is the only radio station that plays anything approaching decent music. It's probably the only radio station that has presenters who know what they are talking about. If I had to listen to Real Radio for more than 30 seconds, I would perforate my own eardrums.