The Jags Trust..

Vom Itorium

Since the resignation of every man and his dug from the JT there has been not one keystroke from the remaining board members on what is happening? As a member I want to know what is going on and how the JT is planning to continue?

I do understand that communication with the members may be being crocheted for us as we speak but surely speed of communication is of the essence here.

Well, obviously first of all we're looking at getting people in to cover the resignations and we would hope to make an annoucement on that front by the end of the week. (though this is obviously dependent on if anyone wants to help out!)

Following on from this and Saturday's JTB meeting we would be looking to convey with members what the plans for moving forward are.

I realise that people will be frustrated with the lack of well anything at the minute but we are working to getting the assocation back in full functionning order.

If anyone has any particular questions, please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]

Thanks

Donald

Will growing rumours re. admin be discussed at the meeting? Has the Trust made any representations to the board regarding this?

Well at this point they are still rumours and the club has not made any approach to us about needing extra financial support in regards to administration.

Well at this point they are still rumours and the club has not made any approach to us about needing extra financial support in regards to administration.

So is that your stance? I'm not saying administration is imminent, but will it take the board to come to you before the issue is raised?

So is that your stance? I'm not saying administration is imminent, but will it take the board to come to you before the issue is raised?

Of course not, what I meant was if the club want money to save us going into administration, then obviously they would need to tell us before we could give it to them. I don't think anyone would have a problem giving the club money in that situation it's just we don't currently know how bad (or not as bad) as it is.

It is ironic that the post on P&B was slagging off the three that just resigned for spending so much time on the forum! The two way communication was something I think most of really appreciated. Now it is back to silence from most of The Trust. Let's not give Jags365 too hard a time as he's hanging on in there as our only window into what's going on.

The Trust isn't in any state just now to do anything other than try and fend off it's own demise. After two rounds of resignations in as many years, I don't see anyone being exactly enthused about volunteering just now - that's something that the Trust Board are really going to have to consider now.

Even if some people do come forward, we would urgently need another round of elections as the Trust has lost a lot of credibility by not holding proper elections (no matter what the constitution says). The Club will continue to keep the Trust at arm's length until it starts to address these problems, and that's something we can't afford at this time.

I would suggest that no-one should be on the Board for more than say 5 years, and that even without such a rule change it is time for some fresh blood anyway. If the stalwarts can't see the need to move on themselves then we will need to force them. Please PM me if you want to add your name to a list calling for an EGM and a vote of no confidence.

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

Okay. Can you answer my initial question, then?

I can't say it'll 100% be discussed on Saturday, as we currently have a few other pressing issues to deal with but it will of course be dealt with in due course.

However, if you feel that this (or any other issue) is too important to delay on please drop me an email or PM and I'll see what I can do in order to calm your fears.

I can't say it'll 100% be discussed on Saturday, as we currently have a few other pressing issues to deal with but it will of course be dealt with in due course.

However, if you feel that this (or any other issue) is too important to delay on please drop me an email or PM and I'll see what I can do in order to calm your fears.

We've been hearing that line trotted out in various guises since the supposed rebirth of the Trust. I thought women could multi-task?

Surely even you can see Donald that you a riding along on a deid duck that needs ripped up and started again... again! The time for having meetings to arrange meetings about meetings is over! As a football club we need something that functions and the Jags Trust quite clearly does not. It should be put to bed and used as nothing more than a custodian of the 1,000,000 shares while another organisation is set-up to raise the much-needed funds for the club that are necessary for it to survive. We cannot afford to wait for you lot to come up with some shitty master plan that is doomed to failure straight away due to the ridiculous way the Trust is looked upon now.

Even if some people do come forward, we would urgently need another round of elections as the Trust has lost a lot of credibility by not holding proper elections (no matter what the constitution says). The Club will continue to keep the Trust at arm's length until it starts to address these problems, and that's something we can't afford at this time.

I would suggest that no-one should be on the Board for more than say 5 years, and that even without such a rule change it is time for some fresh blood anyway. If the stalwarts can't see the need to move on themselves then we will need to force them. Please PM me if you want to add your name to a list calling for an EGM and a vote of no confidence.

Actually, I think it's the fans collectively that have lost credibility by not putting themselves forward when the time has come around. The Trust have held "proper elections" - the issue is that there have not been sufficient nominations to trigger the need for a ballot. To be blunt, I've seen nothing in the past week or so to suggest that's any different now. There's a lot of "someone needs to....." rather than "I will......" (your own efforts being a noticable exception to this)

It is also worth pointing out that it is already the case that no one can serve more than two consecutive terms on the Trust Board (i.e 4 years) without the need to stand down for at least 12 months. That was why I was obliged to stand down at the last AGM.

Actually, I think it's the fans collectively that have lost credibility by not putting themselves forward when the time has come around. The Trust have held "proper elections" - the issue is that there have not been sufficient nominations to trigger the need for a ballot. To be blunt, I've seen nothing in the past week or so to suggest that's any different now. There's a lot of "someone needs to....." rather than "I will......" (your own efforts being a noticable exception to this)

It is also worth pointing out that it is already the case that no one can serve more than two consecutive terms on the Trust Board (i.e 4 years) without the need to stand down for at least 12 months. That was why I was obliged to stand down at the last AGM.

Thanks Allan, I'm glad someone has read the rules book! Just to tap into your expertise again, but shouldn't the resignations have automatically triggered a call for new elections?

Edited by B.C.G. JAG

It's very debatable if the Trust has any viable future at all, and I'm already wincing in anticipation of the co-opting that's about to happen, but as long as there is such a large chunk of shares held by the Trust, its fate is of some importance. It's also, as Allan suggests, a source of some embarrassment that we keep coming back to this situation, but if people don't participate and at least try to guide the direction the Trust takes, you're always going to end up here.

I'll be supporting any motion of No Confidence that is tabled, but there's no point in pressing for fresh elections if there are no fresh candidates. You want the same old shit from the same old people (and I include all of us JTB veterans in that)? Really? Crossing your fingers won't get it done.

And if the feeling is to just let it die, my guess is that it won't. It'll linger on, clinging to those shares, bleating about a seat in the boardroom. That's a terrible outcome. Either take it back and make it work or see that it is killed off once and for all so as to allow a fresh start.

the post i made on the first of september on this subject was just as valid then as it is now

starting a new body with the same democratic principals which will attract the same people is just a stupid idea.

people basiclly just need to get off their arses.

FCUM 300+ volunteers.

the post i made on the first of september on this subject was just as valid then as it is now

starting a new body with the same democratic principals which will attract the same people is just a stupid idea.

people basiclly just need to get off their arses.

FCUM 300+ volunteers.

I've seen you making this comparison a few times...but they have a FAR bigger fanbase to build from, in terms of having 70,000 (or however many hundreds of thousands of other fans Man United have) to target. As admirable a club as they are, it isn't really a fair comparison.

As Allan says, the fans have the Trust they deserve. Anyone saying they refuse to do anything until the current incumbents are gone is part of the problem, you need to participate now, contest their positions when the next vote comes around and motivate the silent majority of the Trust membership to vote for you. It shouldn't be that hard to oust them given their popularity.

I'd drop Donald a note to confirm that you're happy to get involved.

Is happy the right word?

I nearly stood last time, but ended up on holiday at the time of action. I would give it a rattle, and would certainly be 'forthright'.

Maybe people would stand, but there hasn't been a 'call to step forward', so it's an unknown.

I don't know what's happening within the Trust Board at the minute but it does strike me that it's important that it attempts to continue to reflect the diversity of views within the Thistle support. I'd hope that if there are people here willing to throw their hats into the ring that these offers are taken up. (And as Donald is the only regular contributor to this forum I suspect I'm hoping you'll pick this up from the feedback here)

The potential downside (and as alluded to by DU) is that the resignees are replaced by people of a similar mind to the views that are now prevalent on the Trust Board without any attempt to validate that view with the wider membership. It does seem to me that there are two clear approaches going forward which needs to be settled by the wider membership. (Indeed, if I was being honest, I don't fully understand why the Trust Board couldn't have taken this approach without the need for people to resign.)

Edited by Allan Heron