A Year's A Long Time In Football

Woodstock Jag

12 months have passed since ICT lost away from home in the league.

And by whom were they papped?

Yes, that's right. The Harry Wraggs. A "top of the league" Harry Wraggs.

Let's start a run of our own against that mob from Fife next Saturday. Get behind the team and show the league what the Red 'n' Yella Army are made of!

Dunfermline 3-0 Thistle

i wasn't too impressed with them when they were at firhill. could have went either way. i actually think we had the majority of the chances. i don't think any team is that much better than anyone else in the division. the first lads rite. lets all get up to fife and give the jags 100% support. sing from the first minute, no booing or gettin on players backs as usual. Try and encourage them

The home game was an example of they were pish but we were worse. It was a bad game and our own mistakes lost us it. McNamara's mistake, then foul and the defence backing off prior to their first goal going nowhere near the corner of the goal, yet still beat Halliwell from 25 yards. The second goal was Balatoni arsing about at the back and a bit of bad luck off the post (bad luck isn't muc of an excuse when the other team have enough pressure to eventually get lucky, though).

Right - my boy's got a party until 2pm on Saturday (not my party!). AA routefinder gives a time from Glasgow-Dunfermline of 53 minutes via the Kincardine bridge. I've never been to Dunfermline before - I go to Raith and Cowdenbeith via the Forth Road Bridge.

Anyway, how likely is the travel time to be correct, whats the best route, and whats the parking like near the stadium?

Timewise, i'd already ruled this one out but i'd like my birthday weekend to include the jags!

Right - my boy's got a party until 2pm on Saturday (not my party!). AA routefinder gives a time from Glasgow-Dunfermline of 53 minutes via the Kincardine bridge. I've never been to Dunfermline before - I go to Raith and Cowdenbeith via the Forth Road Bridge.

Anyway, how likely is the travel time to be correct, whats the best route, and whats the parking like near the stadium?

Timewise, i'd already ruled this one out but i'd like my birthday weekend to include the jags!

I stay in Dunfermline , I always go the kincardine bridge way to and from glasgow, but theres not much chance of you making it in an hour to be honest, the roadworks going thru cumbernauld/castlecary arches will be a nightmare with this weather and when u get into the centre of dunfermline its always busy. you can park up behind the ground or at one of the streets to the side. you will probably get in and we'll be a goal down, frozen cold, miserable and jammed in their wee shitey stand at the side with about 4 posts blocking your view, I'm never going back there, bloody hate EEP.

Edited by jags on tour

Done this journey from Glasgow a fair number of times. I suspect the AA routeplanner timing of 53 minutes will not take account of the a80/m80 roadworks, which have a 40mph averagespeed limit for 10 or so miles. The timing will also be based on adhering to all speed limits. So add 10 minutes, then depending whether you are law-abiding driver, or one who tends to go 10-20mph above speed limits where you feel you can, you could take off 5-10 minutes.

The Kincardine route is best (unless you are 10 miles east of Glasgow, then Forth Road Bridge is better/quicker route).

There's a car park behind EEP (on north side) which costs (I think) a couple of quid (behind the wee low stand), or (if coming from Kincardine), turn left at the big roundabout by police station, then right at next wee miniroundabout into free car park, which is a 2 minute walk from ground. If you wish to save 2 minute walk, and pay the £2, take the same turnoffs at roundabouts, BUT instead of turning into the free car park, drive up past it (car park will be on your right) then take the dirt track right hand turn at end of free car park and drive as far as you can until a steward points you to where to park.

(Parking in street, on or off main road by 3pm will mean you won't be able to get near stadium in anything less than a 10-15 minute walk, and thats assuming you don't have to scratch around for 10 minutes trying to find a space. Both car pasks though are huge and can't see any reason why you couldn't get parked without any time delay).

Either way, it will be tight on getting to EEP for kick-off, unless you can persuade your boy to leave the party 10/15 minutes early.

PS Just checked google map of the area - the big roundabout is called Sinclair Gardens Roundabout, and the road off wee miniroundabout to free then paying car park is Leys Park Road.

If you stay quite a bit west of the M8 you might be quicker going out by Kirky and Kilsyth (you miss almost all the 40mph stuff on the A80/M80 doing that). Join the M80 then head towards Kincardine Bridge.

If you're leaving it tight for time you'll end up parking maybe about 8-10 min walk to that duff stand. Think from leaving your home (assuming you're north or west of the city somewhere) to taking your seat you would have to allow at least 1hr 10min.

This is brilliant - thanks.

He had a party last weekend in clydebank that ended at 145 and we got to Stirling with 15 minutes to spare, so i guess as long as I can get him a bit earlier, grab the goody bag and run, we'll be roughly on time.

If he complains i'll remind him that it's my fcuking birthday as well!

Mon the Jags!

P.S. Sorry for hijacking the Topic for travel advice. As you were ...