Clyde

lady-isobel-barnett

Tres interessant.

I wonder if this might be some kind of political posturing by Clyde to try to wrangle a better deal out of the cooncil, who otherwise will be left with a white elephant of a stadium on their hands.

Devil's advocate: How about Thistle moving to Broadwood?

Nah, we'd never move to a poxy 3-sided stadium, would we?

Or a 3-way share of Firhill between Jags, Warriors, and Clyde?

Tres interessant.

I wonder if this might be some kind of political posturing by Clyde to try to wrangle a better deal out of the cooncil, who otherwise will be left with a white elephant of a stadium on their hands.

Devil's advocate: How about Thistle moving to Broadwood?

Nah, we'd never move to a poxy 3-sided stadium, would we?

Or a 3-way share of Firhill between Jags, Warriors, and Clyde?

I was think Broadwood could be shipped to Qatar. It most certainly leads the way in air conditioned stadia :thumbsup2:

I really wonder where they would go. If it's back to Rutherglen, most of their old supporters will be deid, or no longer interested in football. Other folk there already have their allegiances or no interest. And any young supporters that Clyde do have are probably from Cumbernauld, and will desert if the team moves away (God knows, they've already deserted them in droves in the last few seasons). Also, where would they get the money to build a stadium?

Personally, I don't see them going anywhere.

I'm pretty confident that Clyde will move to East Kilbride and their name will change to 'East Kilbride Football Club'.

For those who don't already know, a new team has been started in East Kilbride - 'East Kilbride Football Club'.

They currently have boys clubs at all levels and they are backed by the millionaire owners of local construction company Kean Construction and Ian King, the editor of Sunsport. They have stated time and time again in the local press that their ultimate aim is to have a professional team in the town. They have also categorically stated that they believe that this can be acheived 'within 3 years'. I always wondered as to why they were so confident about the timescale, but with Clyde stating their intention to move from Broadwood, this is starting to look more and more likely.

The Kean brothers have been invloved with Clyde for many years. I understand they have been their main financial backers for some time and were responsible for bringing in many players, including Alan Lithgow.

It's also interesting to note that the Kean's have just been granted permission to build a 'community stadium' at Calderglen Country Park despite fierce local opposition.

Interesting times ahead.

I'm pretty confident that Clyde will move to East Kilbride and their name will change to 'East Kilbride Football Club'.

For those who don't already know, a new team has been started in East Kilbride - 'East Kilbride Football Club'.

They currently have boys clubs at all levels and they are backed by the millionaire owners of local construction company Kean Construction and Ian King, the editor of Sunsport. They have stated time and time again in the local press that their ultimate aim is to have a professional team in the town. They have also categorically stated that they believe that this can be acheived 'within 3 years'. I always wondered as to why they were so confident about the timescale, but with Clyde stating their intention to move from Broadwood, this is starting to look more and more likely.

The Kean brothers have been invloved with Clyde for many years. I understand they have been their main financial backers for some time and were responsible for bringing in many players, including Alan Lithgow.

It's also interesting to note that the Kean's have just been granted permission to build a 'community stadium' at Calderglen Country Park despite fierce local opposition.

Interesting times ahead.

That is indeed very interesting. But I wonder what they're aiming for, a Gretna-type "fairytale" financed by crazily obscene amounts of money, or merely a lower-division hobby club somewhere that's slightly less of a wilderness than the Croy/C'naud outback.

I heard last week that EK expected to have a professional team in the SFL in the near future, could an Airdrieonians - CLydebank style takeover be in the offing?

I really am hoping that the SFL will be opening the door to clubs seeking to play in the senior leagues thru some semblance of a pyramid system. A club like Spartans for example shouldn't be seen to be buying their way into the senior leagues.

If the SFL continue to promote three ten club leagues much longer I guess it won't just be Clyde on the move. :(

Maybe my mind is playing tricks with me, but was there not some big proclomation from the Gypo's in last month or two about how they were intending to strengthen their ties with whats-it-called-cumbernauld local community, as all part of their new fangled fan-ownership/controlled setup?

If so, that didn't last long........

Interesting times ahead.

The Keans have the local Cooncillors in their back pocket. The local MP got his election HQ rent free from them too. They seem to get planning for all their developments no matter how ridiculous (have you seen the bright yellow Spanish themed shopping centre in Hairmyres?!?!?)

The football pitch thing is well underway at Calderglen. Shoudl be finished for spring. Not sure if theres space etc for stands and traffic access for significant amounts of cars, pedestrians etc Should be fine for Clyde then. Boom boom.