Dundee Get Reprieve

jagsman411971

I have this nagging feeling that today, Scumdee will today be given a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again, whilst getting their points reduction reduced to something like 10 points. Maybe its just me, but the way things are going in Scottish football at the moment, no-one seems to be able to make the right decision about anything.

So I expect to be in one Khunt of a mood later on when the result of the appeal is announced.

Please someone tell me i'm wrong

"Dundee Get Reprieve"

With a thread title like that, expect many people to click on this thread with anger and disappointment, only to find it's baseless and speculative pish, like i did.

A question mark after 'reprieve', or better thread title phrasing would go a long way.

"Dundee Get Reprieve"

With a thread title like that, expect many people to click on this thread with anger and disappointment, only to find it's baseless and speculative pish, like i did.

A question mark after 'reprieve', or better thread title phrasing would go a long way.

Yip. You can add me to that.

Since it's panto season time.....

"Dundee Get Reprieve"

"Oh no they don't"

And a custard pie xmas pudding on face for jagsman411971.

Dont think its gonna matter anyway...they will not get relegated. They will at worst finish 9th and if thats the case they will win the play offs. They should have been automatically relegated and it will be interesting to see how the likes of Stirling/Cowdenbeath/hopefully not us, feel when they get relegated and blatant cheats like Dundee stay in the division

Dont think its gonna matter anyway...they will not get relegated. They will at worst finish 9th and if thats the case they will win the play offs. They should have been automatically relegated and it will be interesting to see how the likes of Stirling/Cowdenbeath/hopefully not us, feel when they get relegated and blatant cheats like Dundee stay in the division

That's my view too.

That depends upon how many players & who they get rid of in January

I know this will be unpopular but...

If we go bust (again) are we not worse than Dundee??

Dundee went bust because they relied on one person bankrolling them, they ahd a commitment and spent money on that basis, then he reneged (for a variety of reasons mostly relating to his own personal and business difficulties)

We however under the careful financial stewardship of Tom Hughes have continually underperformed against budget, entered property deals of dubious benefit, robbed peter to pay paul, and used HMRC as the bank of last resort.

Dundee did it out of good faith, we did it out of (repeated) incompetence.

BTW, whose careful financial stewardship is the club under now??

Are we on budget this year?

Do we never learn from our mistakes?

Every director who has failed to hold Tom Hughes to account is culpable if our club fails to survive and that includes the new kids on the block.

We however under the careful financial stewardship of Tom Hughes have continually underperformed against budget, entered property deals of dubious benefit, robbed peter to pay paul, and used HMRC as the bank of last resort.

BTW, whose careful financial stewardship is the club under now??

Are we on budget this year?

Do we never learn from our mistakes?

Every director who has failed to hold Tom Hughes to account is culpable if our club fails to survive and that includes the new kids on the block.

I would just like to associate myself 100% with these remarks, jaf.

No business in our position would tolerate his continued involvement (except as a paying customer) if it was genuinely interested in survival. The fact that he remains and still seems to hold some sway at the club, directly and indirectly, should be ringing alarm bells for everyone about the judgment and intentions of the "new" regime.

The new regime is basically everything that the free shares deal was designed to prevent - control of the club in the hands of one or two people who have property development in mind. This clip is always funny because of the comments from Hughes, but listen to McMaster talking about how unwise it would be for the club to sell off capital assets - "the family silver" - purely to meet revenue losses. That was as recent as 2005. Yet here we are.

Picking up a million free shares the last time the club crashed. Investing in the company that scoops up the stadium this time as it crashes. And handling all the budgeting in the years inbetween. It's almost unbelievable. We'd have been safer under Ken Bates.

I would just like to associate myself 100% with these remarks, jaf.

No business in our position would tolerate his continued involvement (except as a paying customer) if it was genuinely interested in survival. The fact that he remains and still seems to hold some sway at the club, directly and indirectly, should be ringing alarm bells for everyone about the judgment and intentions of the "new" regime.

The new regime is basically everything that the free shares deal was designed to prevent - control of the club in the hands of one or two people who have property development in mind. This clip is always funny because of the comments from Hughes, but listen to McMaster talking about how unwise it would be for the club to sell off capital assets - "the family silver" - purely to meet revenue losses. That was as recent as 2005. Yet here we are.

Picking up a million free shares the last time the club crashed. Investing in the company that scoops up the stadium this time as it crashes. And handling all the budgeting in the years inbetween. It's almost unbelievable. We'd have been safer under Ken Bates.

Aye, he's a wee bit like the book-keeper who never takes holidays.

Thats something that auditors are taught to look out for.

Auditors...those people that assess the internal controls that are overseen by FDs...internal controls...those things that should prevent theft, and that should prevent dubious items of expenditure goingt hrough accounts.