Player/team Of The Decade?

1 John Lambie

Bit of a side issue but if this is a goer I nominate 1JL to lay down the criteria. It was his idea after all.

Things like a minimum number of games the PotD must have played for us as with the Team of the Decade. Maybe as well with the latter, the formation. 3-5-2 was for a good while the Lambie preference but these things are inevitably done on 4-4-2 set up.

Anyway I'd be happy to see 1JL lay down the ground rules with this one. Anyone agree?

Bit of a side issue but if this is a goer I nominate 1JL to lay down the criteria. It was his idea after all.

Things like a minimum number of games the PotD must have played for us as with the Team of the Decade. Maybe as well with the latter, the formation. 3-5-2 was for a good while the Lambie preference but these things are inevitably done on 4-4-2 set up.

Anyway I'd be happy to see 1JL lay down the ground rules with this one. Anyone agree?

yip, agree 100%.

Struggling to come up with a team, but got 9 names i think may be popular choices:

Arthur

Paterson, Craigan, Archie

Lennon, Hardie, Fleming.

McLean, Roberts.

Struggling to come up with a right back and right sided midfielder.

Also on a sad note....two players who contributed to the success of the club in the early 00's are no longer with us....Paul Mcgrillen and Jamie Dolan.

Struggling to come up with a right back

He wasn't with us for long, but David Lilley was a solid enough right back. I'd probably opt for a 3-5-2 and go for:

......................Arthur

......Craigan.....Paterson.....Archibald

Lilley...Harkins...Lennon...Hardie...Fleming

...............Grady......Roberts

Subs: Tuffey, Robertson, Rowson, Britton, Buchanan

Cult hero: Scott 'Boab' McCulloch

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

He wasn't with us for long, but David Lilley was a solid enough right back. I'd probably opt for a 3-5-2 and go for:

......................Arthur

......Craigan.....Paterson.....Archibald

Lilley...Harkins...Lennon...Hardie...Fleming

...............Grady......Roberts

Subs: Tuffey, Robertson, Rowson, Britton, Buchanan

Cult hero: Scott 'Boab' McCulloch

seeing your squad got me a right back....John Robertson.

Excellent idea 1JL :thumbsup:

Could we perhaps set up a poll on here (assuming the club themselves arent involved) for each position and the vote winner for each position gets a place in the team? Maybe 2 or 3 polls a week until all positions are filled.

Im unsure as to which formation though - 442, 433, 352? Then subs?

As for when to have it - what about the Sunday at the first bank holiday in May? That would allow those still involved in the game to be in attendance, and for us mere mortals to have a bevvy without the worry of work the following morning!

Spoke to Jim Alexander at the game tonight, after initially sending me a PM. Basically, the club are behind the idea & want it to go ahead, but they would like it to be a fans event, organised by the fans, which is fair enough. With the club giving any help that may be required, just to let them know what is needed.

Any offers of assistance, or ideas that could be used in the organisation of the event etc etc, please post on the forum/send me a PM & we can hopefully get the wheels in motion over the coming weeks.

As I've said previously, I work at the entrance to the Aitken Suite every home game from 12:30 - 3, so you know where I am if you want a chat.

Cheers, Andrew.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

• Members

Could we perhaps set up a poll on here (assuming the club themselves arent involved) for each position and the vote winner for each position gets a place in the team? Maybe 2 or 3 polls a week until all positions are filled.

Online polls are to easily rigged. ptfc.net used to get folk to email with their votes, however even that wasn't perfect as one players Mum sent various emails from her place of work to vote for her son! I'd suggest an email or pm vote to admin with your username as validation.

Spoke to Jim Alexander at the game tonight, after initially sending me a PM. Basically, the club are behind the idea & want it to go ahead, but they would like it to be a fans event, organised by the fans, which is fair enough. With the club giving any help that may be required, just to let them know what is needed

That's very big of him. Can he/they hold a candle to the legal and footballing talents of oor Gerree? High time the fans told the suits at the club to shove their 'blessing' where the sun don't shine. ;) May I 'umbly suggest a commemorative t-shirt celebrating the winner, with proceeds going to a charity both club and trust have been too chickenshit to acknowledge.

Why does our club have no charity?