Liam .... Gone

Mr Bunny

Sometimes players you quite like go on to better things (or worse start scoring against you), and sometimes they just gradually fade out down the divisions. I for one am too stupid to predict these things either way! Anyway, good luck Buchanan (nae goals against us though please).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep Mark Roberts was a legend. But overall I dont think Liam Buchanan was really that poor in comparison. Anyone know their stats how many games they played for Thistle and how many goals they scored? Also if you take into account the fact that Roberts scored about half in the second divison while Liam's goals were all in the first then I dont think there is a massive gap at all between them in fact the club generally got a great return from them both.

Neither did score that many goals in their last season with us, Roebrts has proved that he can score plenty away from us and I would not be sure if Liam shows the same.

I appreciate that, but my point is that Marko had/has genuine class as eloquently demonstrated the other night. That he had a low return of goals in his last 12-18 months with us was due to a long term viral infection he'd picked up earlier. I strongly believe that the man can score at any level, even now. Time will catch up with him sooner or later, as it does with everybody, but I'm still narked at the fact we let him go when he still had so much to offer both on the park and at training or behind the scenes. The fact that we promptly embarked on a painful goal drought immediately following his departure incates that the Hoor was a force not simply confined to the field of play.

I do promise, however, to let this go at some point in the next 10-15 years, probably.

I appreciate that, but my point is that Marko had/has genuine class as eloquently demonstrated the other night. That he had a low return of goals in his last 12-18 months with us was due to a long term viral infection he'd picked up earlier. I strongly believe that the man can score at any level, even now. Time will catch up with him sooner or later, as it does with everybody, but I'm still narked at the fact we let him go when he still had so much to offer both on the park and at training or behind the scenes. The fact that we promptly embarked on a painful goal drought immediately following his departure incates that the Hoor was a force not simply confined to the field of play.

I do promise, however, to let this go at some point in the next 10-15 years, probably.

I'll stand shoulder to shoulder with you BJ on this one.

The Hoor was class, so much awareness and genius, could have benefited our current young strikers immensely, if he was working with them daily, or even just a couple of times a week in training.

Roberts was a great player for us, modern day legend, but when we let him go it was the correct decision, just as it is to let Liam go now. Yes, I'm fairly sure Liam will score goals for Dunfermline, but that doesn't make it the wrong decision to let him leave now, just as Roberts has scored goals for Ayr.

Could Roberts do a job for us now? Not having seen him play for a while, I don't know, he didn't stand out against us last season in the games I saw. He has quality, but I think that quality is best suited for the 2nd division now.

Yep Mark Roberts was a legend. But overall I dont think Liam Buchanan was really that poor in comparison. Anyone know their stats how many games they played for Thistle and how many goals they scored? Also if you take into account the fact that Roberts scored about half in the second divison while Liam's goals were all in the first then I dont think there is a massive gap at all between them in fact the club generally got a great return from them both.

Neither did score that many goals in their last season with us, Roebrts has proved that he can score plenty away from us and I would not be sure if Liam shows the same.

Well while Roberts played in the second division he's scored goals against ICT (3), Hearts (1) and now Hibs (1). He also scored against Motherwell while in the 1st for us.