Liam .... Gone

Mr Bunny

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, Thanks for the goals Buckie, but time for a change for both of us.

If Buckie had to goto a 1st division side, Dunfermline is probably best from our perspective. I don't see him being any better than Kirk, Clarke or McDougall. Don't see his move improving them at all.

It may mean that Paddy Clarke could be available for free in the summer.

I think TL may have just creamed himself.

As others have said, Thanks for the goals Buckie, but time for a change for both of us.

If Buckie had to goto a 1st division side, Dunfermline is probably best from our perspective. I don't see him being any better than Kirk, Clarke or McDougall. Don't see his move improving them at all.

DON'T TELL THIRD LANARK

I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it... :whistling:

Clarke signed a 2 year deal though a year ago. May or not depend on whether Pars get promoted or not. If they go up they may buy other players and release Clarke or if they dont get promotion may have to cut costs (though I doubt that since they havent so far) Would be a good signing if we could get him though would be just our luck if we were outbid by someone like Morton or Queen of the South

Not really bothered by this, his last 2-3 games have been an improvement, and yes maybe his injuries can be blamed to a certain extent for his woeful form the past 2 seasons, I just put it down to him being a very average first division striker. Would have been happy to hold on to him because he's a hard worker and looks in the past couple of games to be forming a decent partnership with Doolan, but the main reason I'm disappointed is I'm worried this means a return to the first team for Simon "Lets slow the move down" "let's drop deeper than my own centre half to get the ball" Donnelly.

I like Sid but our last 2 performances should prove to McCall we're better when playing direct football with pace up front. What's the deal with Keiran Burns? Get him in the team and give him a run out.

Buchanan was a decent enough wee player, but for me will be remembered more for the missed chances and inability to cleanly strike a ball when presented with a great chance. We'll have better strikers in the future of that there is no doubt.

Sorry to see a player with the potential Liam has leave in this way but if it means we can afford to sign up Fox and possibly Hardie then it's something we can't afford not to do. I still think Liam will go on to a higher level. The injuries he suffered at Firhill undoubtedly hampered his development and I wish him well for the future, except obviously when he faces the Jags. The correct decision by Ian McCall, the BoD and probably Liam himself.

Thanks for all your efforts Liam.

Robert McHugh apparently

No thanks - too little experience! McHugh is only 19 and has started only 3 games for Well - http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/players/first-team/robert-mchugh/.

My guess is that we could get one of four from Saints. Dobie and Milne have been told that they can leave. MacDonald and Jackson have had their contracts extended to the end of the season - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2011/01/03/st-johnstone-boss-concerned-at-lack-of-goals-from-strikers-86908-22824203/.

The loan signing will no doubt be a striker from either of two camps. He'll either be a youngster stuck on the periphery of a squad (an SPL bench warmer) or an experienced guy who's been out injured for quite a while. Either way he'll be unlikely to be match fit.

I'm not one that favours loan signings in the 2nd half of a season. Off the top of my head in recent seasons I can only remember Damon Gray being reasonably successful. Not that he'd be available but I doubt the loanee will be any better than Mark Roberts is in his current form down at Ayr.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I'll be interested in seeing what the Dunfermline fans make of this. From the ones I've talked to he would have been a great signing 3 years ago and we pinched him from under their noses - now they seem to be of the opinion that he's just another striker on the wage bill of under-achievers they're stuck with. Or as one of them said to me 'He'll fit right in....'.