Queen Of The South

From the QOS FootballMad forum:

"There will be an official statement in Wednesdays Standard from Davie Rae regarding the current financial trouble Queens are in."

Sounds like an admission that there is trouble. The fans regard it as an open secret. There's a supporters rally on the 4th.

I'm a Jags fan alright but have nothing at all against QOS, so I wish them the best of luck. We need teams at our own level to play if we want to keep going, and we can't say that we're not at that level just now. They were in the Scottish Cup Final recently, are above us in the league, and I doubt their crowds are that far below ours these days. How far below 2,000 can you go?

Won't be the first or last team in this position. Expect plenty more in the weeks and months to come.

Edited by beep0608

It's 12.30 and Don't drink or do drugs.I am a normal sane bloke.It's just i haven't forgotten the magic of football or let the horrible premiership cloud my view to the romance of the cup and little teams challenging the big ones.It's eleven v eleven.I don't subcrisbe to the old firm forever and the top 4.Gd luck to hearts there believing it and there starting to do it.It just annoys me cause it should be us.I'd love to see a decent team get in amongst barca with some belief aswell.Biggest shower of over rated fuds i've seen in ages there scores are getting bigger as other teams buy into there hype.Half of them are sandancers.

To much respect for names and reputations

You clearly have a different view of football than I do. Never seen football played with such skill as Barca play it.

Facing a £50,000 shortfall and considering part-time football next season as a "posibility". The problem appears to have come to a head due to the fact they've only played six home games this season, although dwindling crowds and significant annual loses have also been highlighted...

Hope they go bust asap.Bunch of ********* with there stupid rattle :thumbdown:

and who ever posted this on there forum in our name jesus

Queen of the South are a proud part of Scottish football history and the doonhamers supporters are probably the best bunch of supporters in the country

ya crawler :puke: .Qos best supporters in scottish football Making a fool of our club :angry: Embarrassing our selfs sucking up to these diddy teams.How about we go on the whole hog and next time we play east stirling we insist on playing the champions league music and exchanging pennants on our knees.Have we got no self respect.We're far bigger than them always have been and always will be.Not even on our radar or worthy of a fleeting glance.Understanding the fact diddy teams need us and our away support.We don't need them

We're angelina jolie there ann widdecombe.There's only one way the flattery should be.Plus if anyone for one minute thinks Qos farmers are better supporters than us what the hell are you supporting thistle for.There bunch of woman n kids with rattles couldn't dream of creating some of the proper atmospheres we do.I've never heard a home atmosphere from them there pish.I actually think some of own supporters.Don't even like thistle they spend that much time mugging us off and bigging up other teams only support us out of habit ect.If i asked them to name five things they loved about thistle.They couldn't do it.

Absolutely. Well said. For some reason some people seem to have a fetish for Queen of the South. "Great club", "Their supporters are the salt of the earth", "Always had a soft spot for Queens". Get a grip. A provincial diddy team who have always been, and always will be, inferior to the Jags. Have some pride in your own team FFS.

Absolutely. Well said. For some reason some people seem to have a fetish for Queen of the South. "Great club", "Their supporters are the salt of the earth", "Always had a soft spot for Queens". Get a grip. A provincial diddy team who have always been, and always will be, inferior to the Jags. Have some pride in your own team FFS.

A counterargument to that would be as a bigger club we should be concerned about clubs smaller than us in much the same way as clubs above our status should be concerned about clubs like us.

If push came to shove I'd rather Partick Thistle was thought of as a cuddly toy than thought of with the disdain normally attached to the likes of Dundee, Livingston or that fake lot from Inverness.

A counterargument to that would be as a bigger club we should be concerned about clubs smaller than us in much the same way as clubs above our status should be concerned about clubs like us.

If push came to shove I'd rather Partick Thistle was thought of as a cuddly toy than thought of with the disdain normally attached to the likes of Dundee, Livingston or that fake lot from Inverness.

The Disdain for livi and dundee is a financial disdain in a way we're not guilty of.Not really a convincing case for being the cuddly toy

But more importantly when were we ever the cuddly toy thats the thing alot of the cuddly toy image is our own fans heads who play it up and the media caught on for an easy headline

Rangers celtic airdrie clyde aberdeen killie ayr dundee utd hamilton inverness caley ect seen needle from all there fans against us.Alot of them hate us and hold us in distain and so what.No skin off our nose we just keep on going.To often our fans seem to care what other people think of us why ?I don't know who there trying to impress or that anyone is watchin

We have a small catchment area and a niche of locals current fans with there friends/netruels and family lasped fans sometimes fans school kids and all the gd behavior and posing isn't gonna change that or make a diffirence

Do i care if say aberdeen fans or utd fans think we're a bunch of unwashed weegies tinks..no not really there a million miles out of our catchment area and are never gonna support us anyway

Must say i quite enjoy flipping the bird if a h*ns coach is passing ect and if i am disgrace and dragging the club's name tho the mud for doing that then so be it :thumbsup2:

............considering part-time football next season as a "posibility".

My understanding that the players have already been told that it will be part time football next season though those that are left will have their FT contracts honoured. Not sure how many that is though!!

The Disdain for livi and dundee is a financial disdain in a way we're not guilty of.Not really a convincing case for being the cuddly toy

But more importantly when were we ever the cuddly toy thats the thing alot of the cuddly toy image is our own fans heads who play it up and the media caught on for an easy headline

Rangers celtic airdrie clyde aberdeen killie ayr dundee utd hamilton inverness caley ect seen needle from all there fans against us.Alot of them hate us and hold us in distain and so what.No skin off our nose we just keep on going.To often our fans seem to care what other people think of us why ?I don't know who there trying to impress or that anyone is watchin

We have a small catchment area and a niche of locals current fans with there friends/netruels and family lasped fans sometimes fans school kids and all the gd behavior and posing isn't gonna change that or make a diffirence

Do i care if say aberdeen fans or utd fans think we're a bunch of unwashed weegies tinks..no not really there a million miles out of our catchment area and are never gonna support us anyway

Must say i quite enjoy flipping the bird if a h*ns coach is passing ect and if i am disgrace and dragging the club's name tho the mud for doing that then so be it :thumbsup2:

Put the cuddly toy thingy to the side for a moment. The disdain for the likes of Dundee & Livi goes much further than just the way they've run their finances. They're imo excellent examples of self centred clubs and self interest is the very thing that's stymieing any hope for change in Scottish football.

If we want to show disinterest to clubs we deem less significant then we're no better than the very clubs we deride.

My understanding that the players have already been told that it will be part time football next season though those that are left will have their FT contracts honoured. Not sure how many that is though!!

Why are we in the processes of signing players up on longer contracts if we are going p/t.

That makes no sense. I hope I never see us p/t

Put the cuddly toy thingy to the side for a moment. The disdain for the likes of Dundee & Livi goes much further than just the way they've run their finances. They're imo excellent examples of self centred clubs and self interest is the very thing that's stymieing any hope for change in Scottish football.

If we want to show disinterest to clubs we deem less significant then we're no better than the very clubs we deride.

It's not that there self centred.All clubs are self centred.it was dundee flashing dough about after they ran up massive debts the first time n livi are hated for being a muggy diddy plastic club with a joke fanbase and drummer

Kissing other teams ********* and our attitude to league reconstruction have no link what so ever and how often does that even come about.To me other clubs are the enemy and i hope we slaughter them

It's not that there self centred.All clubs are self centred.it was dundee flashing dough about after they ran up massive debts the first time n livi are hated for being a muggy diddy plastic club with a joke fanbase and drummer

Kissing other teams ********* and our attitude to league reconstruction have no link what so ever and how often does that even come about.To me other clubs are the enemy and i hope we slaughter them

I hope we slaughter them too. I just hope they're still about to be slaughtered that's all.

Funny how different fans have different views of other clubs. We certainly don't differ re Livi but I would still hold Dundee in contempt even if their financial dealings had always been clean and they'd never been in debt. Horrible inhospitable attitude dating back many years, flirting with bigotry (albeit a toned down version compared to their west coast cousins) and a splattering of thuggish shady characters masquerading as respected businessmen connected to that club. What's to like about them?

I think there's a wee bit more to it than that - I just think it's a nice idea that you can have a good awayday at a club where you can walk from the nearest pub to the ground in five minutes and the supporters actually seem to give a sh*t about the team, rather than a bunch of Rangers/Sellik wannabes with some ********* of the world out of town stadium. F*ck that.

FFS. What fetish? I can be proud of my team yet still wish others around us luck, cos without them we're playing with ourselves. There are countless clubs that I don't like for various reasons, including the gruesome twosome, Hearts, Motherwell, Falkirk, Dundee, Airdrie....and maybe more but I've nothing against Queens. Come to that, we need some of the less appealing clubs too, though if there was a button marked "wipe Rangers and Celtic off the face of the earth" it would need to be a big button but I'd press it and do all Scotland and beyond a favour.

In terms of inferiority/superiority though, when did we last get to the Scottish Cup Final? Are we above them in the league?

Jings crivvens. Another rant over.

FFS. What fetish? I can be proud of my team yet still wish others around us luck, cos without them we're playing with ourselves. There are countless clubs that I don't like for various reasons, including the gruesome twosome, Hearts, Motherwell, Falkirk, Dundee, Airdrie....and maybe more but I've nothing against Queens. Come to that, we need some of the less appealing clubs too, though if there was a button marked "wipe Rangers and Celtic off the face of the earth" it would need to be a big button but I'd press it and do all Scotland and beyond a favour.

In terms of inferiority/superiority though, when did we last get to the Scottish Cup Final? Are we above them in the league?

Jings crivvens. Another rant over.