Mtm Entrance Discussion

Le Chic

Made the effort through the howling wind and rain. Advised we couldn't come in as we weren't members and weren't wanting to join. I have no interest in joining the trust but was interested to hear the thoughts of our manager so was happy to pay a token donation of £5. Apparently this was not ok. Instead of getting four times £5 and bar takings they got nothing and instead the Thai restaurant on Gt Western Road (excellent and very welcoming) got the money we had earmarked for the jags.

Glad to see the trust can afford to turn away income, mustn't be a dead duck after all.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Made the effort through the howling wind and rain. Advised we couldn't come in as we weren't members and weren't wanting to join. I have no interest in joining the trust but was interested to hear the thoughts of our manager so was happy to pay a token donation of £5. Apparently this was not ok. Instead of getting four times £5 and bar takings they got nothing and instead the Thai restaurant on Gt Western Road (excellent and very welcoming) got the money we had earmarked for the jags.

Glad to see the trust can afford to turn away income, mustn't be a dead duck after all.

Sorry , but it was clearly advertised that it was trust members only or join on the night. Yeah ok you drove in horrid conditions, but if you made that effort then you could have parted with a tenner to join and then get in to the night.

Shame the jags didn't mean that much to you that you couldn't part with an extra 5 quid !!!

Sorry , but it was clearly advertised that it was trust members only or join on the night. Yeah ok you drove in horrid conditions, but if you made that effort then you could have parted with a tenner to join and then get in to the night.

Shame the jags didn't mean that much to you that you couldn't part with an extra 5 quid !!!

I don't wish to join the trust as a matter of principle. I am just surprised they are in a position to turn away income for no extra work.

Is it unreasonable to ask to hear our club managers thoughts at an evening hardly bursting at the seams?

What an utterly ridiculous statement. :thumbdown:

I don't wish to join the trust as a matter of principle. I am just surprised they are in a position to turn away income for no extra work.

Is it unreasonable to ask to hear our club managers thoughts at an evening hardly bursting at the seams?

Yes it is too much to ask. It was advertised as a Trust only event, you're the unreasonable one if you expected that to be changed just for you and your pals. The Trust organised the event for it's members, if your principles are so important to you then why go to one of their events?

Yet again another topic which could've been interesting will no doubt be ruined by more Trust bashing.

What an utterly ridiculous statement. :thumbdown:

Sorry i didn't mean it to cos offence or to be a ridiculous statement.

But can i ask something. The night was advertised clearly as a jags trust night. I'm not too happy with the trust as things are but i paid my money to join. Why, just because they drove in horrid conditions should someone be allowed to chance it and offer a token gesture to go to a trust night. Then when they are refused, come on and state that it was the trusts fault and thistle never got the

money.

If they were that keen and thistle did mean that much, why not give the tenner, enjoy the night then not go to another function ?

But can i ask something. The night was advertised clearly as a jags trust night. I'm not too happy with the trust as things are but i paid my money to join. Why, just because they drove in horrid conditions should someone be allowed to chance it and offer a token gesture to go to a trust night. Then when they are refused, come on and state that it was the trusts fault and thistle never got the

money.

If they were that keen and thistle did mean that much, why not give the tenner, enjoy the night then not go to another function ?

To counter that are we as a club in a position that we can afford to hold such exclusive events?

An extra £50 in the trust coffers with no extra admin involved seems a no brainer to me.

I'm not trying to turn this into a trust bashing, just genuinely bemused by the stance and thinking.

Bit out of order that.

He could be paying the extra £12 for every home league for all you know.

To counter that are we as a club in a position that we can afford to hold such exclusive events?

An extra £50 in the trust coffers with no extra admin involved seems a no brainer to me.

I'm not trying to turn this into a trust bashing, just genuinely bemused by the stance and thinking.

There was an open night last week. That wasn't restricted to trust members. did you go to that?

At the end of the day the night was clearly advertised. I'm sorry but I just don't think you have a valid argument.

Guess we'll have to just agree to disagree.

Bit out of order that.

He could be paying the extra £12 for every home league for all you know.

OK, I accept i could/should have worded that better. I apologise for any upset caused.

I still, believe, however, that there can be no grounds for complaint regards not getting into the event if you were not willing to pay the joining fee.

money.

I didnt want to enter into this at all as I thought it would detract from what should be an interesting thread about what the manager had to say. However, after your first statement and now the second one highlighted above, I feel I have to offer my tuppence worth. I think you are totally out of order to call into question someones loyalties to the Jags as they have no interest in joining the Jags Trust. That will be the same Jags trust with pretty much the same people who seemed more concerned with sexism on the board than any real matters at the last meeting I attended. The same Jags Trust who's members are intent on maintaining their grip on it even if it means the organisation itself suffers? The same Jags Trust who's attitude has been, quite frankly, appaling at just about every other gathering I have been to to try and lend support. The same Jags trust that told me that "It doesnt really matter what you think as you dont have a vote" when Propco first reared its ugly head and an open meeting was called for fans to discuss it (I think i was one of only 2 or 3 non JT board members who turned up to it) - Again these are my own opinions on the trust and merely using them to illustrate my point rather than have this turn into a Jags Trust debate.

If I, or anyone else for that matter (LeChic above), wanted to try and go along to a meet the manager night and offer a donation rather than joining then I can see an argument for that being reasonable. Fair play for going along anyway in the hope of getting in as he was showing some interest in his team. Couldnt the argument be made that Thistle mean more to him than those who didnt give it a go? Fair enough, you may disagree but your comments about what Thistle means to him are, quite frankly, insulting.

For a start, the event wasn't clearly stated to be a members-only night. If non-members weren't welcome then a simple "members-only" line would have saved a few people, myself included, a wasted trip. What it said was it was free to members and non-members could sign up on the night. Still no statement that it was not open to non-members to attend and pay a donation.

The fact they feel they are in the position to reject extra money outwith membership fees is laughable. We were willing to pay a fiver a head for entry plus 30 or 40 quid at the bar. But apparently that isn't enough.

Whoever the joker is who claims the Jags can't mean too much to us because we wouldn't part with an extra fiver clearly has his head up his arse. It has bugger all to do with finance. It's about the fact this shower of imbeciles masquerade as a representative supporters body. I would have rather set fire to a tenner than hand it over to that torn-faced hag who, incidentally, should be nowhere near the Trust.

Anyway, I hope the fans who were lucky enough to be admitted entry had an enjoyable night and found it informative.

Actualy it is, given that you knew beforehand what the conditions of entry were. If you give it a bit of thought you`ll realise why they could`nt accept your donation

I didnt want to enter into this at all as I thought it would detract from what should be an interesting thread about what the manager had to say. However, after your first statement and now the second one highlighted above, I feel I have to offer my tuppence worth. I think you are totally out of order to call into question someones loyalties to the Jags as they have no interest in joining the Jags Trust. That will be the same Jags trust with pretty much the same people who seemed more concerned with sexism on the board than any real matters at the last meeting I attended. The same Jags Trust who's members are intent on maintaining their grip on it even if it means the organisation itself suffers? The same Jags Trust who's attitude has been, quite frankly, appaling at just about every other gathering I have been to to try and lend support. The same Jags trust that told me that "It doesnt really matter what you think as you dont have a vote" when Propco first reared its ugly head and an open meeting was called for fans to discuss it (I think i was one of only 2 or 3 non JT board members who turned up to it) - Again these are my own opinions on the trust and merely using them to illustrate my point rather than have this turn into a Jags Trust debate.

If I, or anyone else for that matter (LeChic above), wanted to try and go along to a meet the manager night and offer a donation rather than joining then I can see an argument for that being reasonable. Fair play for going along anyway in the hope of getting in as he was showing some interest in his team. Couldnt the argument be made that Thistle mean more to him than those who didnt give it a go? Fair enough, you may disagree but your comments about what Thistle means to him are, quite frankly, insulting.

My use of words regarding what the jags meant were wrong and Ive since apologised.

what i've tried to argue is that the night was a trust night. the trust were very open in advertising this and stating that if you wanted in, you had to join on the night.

The initial post made reference to the effort made to get there and implies that the trust obviously didnt need the money. all i was trying to highlight was if it was worth the drive in the conditions, if they were that keen to hear what Mccall had to say, was it not worth increasing their gesture to £10.00?

I'm genuinely sorry I implied the jags did not mean that much to Le Chic. I do, still disagree that he had a valid complaint in the first place.

Actualy it is, given that you knew beforehand what the conditions of entry were. If you give it a bit of thought you`ll realise why they could`nt accept your donation

Sorry but that is rubbish. Where are the "conditions of entry" stated? As I said in my above post, nothing saying non-members were not welcome was ever published. I attended a previous "Meet the Manager" night hosted by the Trust, paid a donation and there was no problem. However, I dealt with a far more reasonable and sensible gentleman in Grieg Forbes that night. If only decent blokes like him were still around, the Trust would perhaps be more appealing to people like me. However, the same cancerous leeches still cling onto any position of authority and sabotage the whole thing, in my opinion, and that is why I will not be joining the Trust any time in the future.

OK, so they don't accept the donation but they give the guys some forms to fill out and Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Humphrey Bogart, Donald Trump and TheOneEyedLesbianSaxaphonePlayer become members and the JT pockets £40 extra into the coffers to go towards helping our financially-stricken club at some point.

Where's the harm in that? To refuse any money that will eventually find it's way to PTFC (I'd hope) says it all about the deid duck that is the Jags Trust.

Eh? :o

OK, so they don't accept the donation but they give the guys some forms to fill out and Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Humphrey Bogart, Donald Trump and TheOneEyedLesbianSaxaphonePlayer become members and the JT pockets £40 extra into the coffers to go towards helping our financially-stricken club at some point.

Where's the harm in that? To refuse any money that will eventually find it's way to PTFC (I'd hope) says it all about the deid duck that is the Jags Trust.

That is what i was trying to say but didn't appear to do it very well. Why not offer £10 quid gesture, put whatever address and contact details they wanted on the form. Enter the night , enjoy it, spend money at the bar and go home , happy. After all, they had clearly made the effort to get there...and having driven from B'Briggs to Port glasgow tonight, i know any driving tonight would have been a struggle.

Just didn't seem worth the disappointment of not getting in over 5 quid a head.

Etray was firing out tweets from the meeting until drink got the better of him and it sounded like a good night with the manager back in his pomp again.

Re an incident mentioned above: I don't remember it, but will probably be up on a disciplinary now. :(

It's not always a barrel of laughs being on the Trust Board. I just can't see the point in anyone putting themselves through all that so they can go home at the end of the night and say, "Hey, at least we kept those guys out." Take their fivers, get them in the hall and you're maybe halfway there to signing them up. Shove the forms under their noses on the way out when they're all liquored up and their defences are down. And if they still won't join...really, what harm has been done to anyone? Sometimes we need to just loosen up and remember what we're doing here - football, pints, banter.

Etray was firing out tweets from the meeting until drink got the better of him and it sounded like a good night with the manager back in his pomp again.

Re an incident mentioned above: I don't remember it, but will probably be up on a disciplinary now. :(

It's not always a barrel of laughs being on the Trust Board. I just can't see the point in anyone putting themselves through all that so they can go home at the end of the night and say, "Hey, at least we kept those guys out." Take their fivers, get them in the hall and you're maybe halfway there to signing them up. Shove the forms under their noses on the way out when they're all liquored up and their defences are down. And if they still won't join...really, what harm has been done to anyone? Sometimes we need to just loosen up and remember what we're doing here - football, pints, banter.

Exactly. :thumbsup2:

It was not held by The Club. It was held by The Trust, for Trust members. Thus making it an exclusive event.

And joining the Trust on the idea that as a member you can attend exclusive events, is a no brainer to me!

If I, or anyone else for that matter (LeChic above), wanted to try and go along to a meet the manager night and offer a donation rather than joining then I can see an argument for that being reasonable.

Because it wasn't advertised as a night where members got in free, but non members could pay a fiver on the door.