Hellish!

Lindau

I take by that you put the lion's share of the blame on McCall for us throwing away a two goal lead. Up till then I doubt there was much to complain about of either the players or manager. As posted elsewhere switching to 3-5-2 may have been an error as it invites the opposing team into attack. I thought at the time of the change it was to counteract the threat of Wetherston's pace particularly against Robertson.

I'm not a great lover of our 3-5-2 as it usually negates our scoring chances but yesterday we scored after the change to set up. All this is a rather long winded way of saying that I believe the players more at fault for throwing away two late goals. There was a fair handful of very experienced players on at the end and I would've expected them to have handled things a lot better. Imo in this instance players far more culpable than manager.

This isn't the first time it has happened this season.

Cowdenbeath away 1v2

Stirling home 1v2

QoS away 1v2

Ross County Semi Final 2v2

QoS away 3v3

All games where we couldn't hang onto the lead, predominantly away from home. No wonder our away form is terrible.

Your right and I agree that the experienced players should have coped and known how to see the game out.

Blame still lies at the door of the manager.

Edited by northernsoul

Cowdenbeath away 1v2

Stirling home 1v2

QoS away 1v2

QoS away 3v3

All games where we couldn't hang onto the lead, predominantly away from home. No wonder our away form is terrible.

Your right and I agree that the experienced players should have coped and known how to see the game out.

We werent beaten 7-0. When Is aw Fox was out and a number of other players affected by the flu I was expecting us to be hammered particularly at a ground where we havent had much luck. A draw at Palmerston is not the worst result in the world though granted when winning 3-1 with 7 minutes to go we should have held onto the 3 points, just dont think its quite as negative a result as you suggest

Mabe just me but i thought we still played 4-4-2 when paton came on.paton at RB and robertson moved into central mid with rowson moved out wide right.may have looked like3-5-2 as robertson just got deeper and deeper.should have been straight swap for cairney.first goal was a couple of yards offside.

roll on tuesday

Way I saw it, we stayed in a 4-4-2, but with Rowson at RM, Flannigan LM, Robertson DM & Hodge CM. With Paton at RB.

We werent beaten 7-0. When Is aw Fox was out and a number of other players affected by the flu I was expecting us to be hammered particularly at a ground where we havent had much luck. A draw at Palmerston is not the worst result in the world though granted when winning 3-1 with 7 minutes to go we should have held onto the 3 points, just dont think its quite as negative a result as you suggest

I never suggested the scoreline was a negative result. That's the first time I've seen us not get beat down there and on paper a draw at Palmerston is a good result, considering our recent record there.

It still feels like a defeat and the stats don't lie.

Cowdenbeath away 1v2

Stirling home 1v2

QoS away 1v2

QoS away 3v3

I can understand where you're coming from, NS.

However I'm only talking about yesterday. I would still maintain that players of the experience of Archibald, Rowson, Robertson & Donnelly and supported by Paton, Boyle & Kinniburgh (three players that are hardly novices) should have had between them the collective nous to know how to have hung on to a 2 goal lead for little over 8 minutes.

If you feel McCall was more to blame than the players on the pitch fair enough but I for one would disagree.

I can understand where you're coming from, NS.

However I'm only talking about yesterday. I would still maintain that players of the experience of Archibald, Rowson, Robertson & Donnelly and supported by Paton, Boyle & Kinniburgh (three players that are hardly novices) should have had between them the collective nous to know how to have hung on to a 2 goal lead for little over 8 minutes.

If you feel McCall was more to blame than the players on the pitch fair enough but I for one would disagree.

I share the same view regarding the players but it's becoming to much of an occurrence now. Add to that our away form for over a year has been awful.