Simon Donnelly

MWM

Look up your dictionary:

"Criticism"

"Mindless, pointless, abuse"

You'll find the definitions don't match.

But you knew that anyway. Don't let your dislike of the man make you ignore that.

OMG the Sidhags are such touchy creatures :P I was just saying that som many Jags fans appear blind to his frequent shortcomings yet get tore into abusing other players less worthy of abuse and criticism. For what its worth I agree that his experience will make him a valuable coach. I think his playing days are coming to an end.

some like him, some loathe him, me? I think he is a class player, great attitude, might have lost a bit of pace, his first touch is fantastic.

That's my view as well tho' uncharacteristically I would add that I don't think his first touch was too clever yesterday. Normally speaking bringing Sid on for a tiring player when you've a lead to protect is a no brainer.

Of course some will like him and others won't. The burning question for me was did the guy really deserve the comments made in the initial post..........cue the usual "I take the moral high ground" or think I'm better than some, comments.

Seems he did, reading accounts of the game yesterday, not have best of times, but he's shown at times this season that he is not finished (the ball played in the build up to the 3rd goal at stirling in the cup, springs to mind).

Also, if we are building a strong youth set up and we want the youngsters to learn and develop, I'm glad that we have a guy like sid on our books and coaching these guys.

Last season he could easily have won player of the season.....this season has not been as good and yes he's coming to the end of his playing days but he's been a good servant to us and I'm glad for the time he's spent with us.

Never was going to be our player of the year ! Drunken opinion or not piss poor comment.

He is currently being from all accounts a great role model for our young team ...and on a piss poor wage to boot !

Yes like yourself I am not happy with his performance when he does play but bit of respect is due...in fact a lot of respect is due !

We are lucky to have people like Jackie Mac & Simon at our club not to mention guys like Maxi & Hinchy all trying to make our club better.

The young guys coming through recently Fraser, Campbell etc & yesterday young Shep are proof that these guys are more than paying their way.

Never was going to be our player of the year ! Drunken opinion or not piss poor comment.

He is currently being from all accounts a great role model for our young team ...and on a piss poor wage to boot !

Yes like yourself I am not happy with his performance when he does play but bit of respect is due...in fact a lot of respect is due !

We are lucky to have people like Jackie Mac & Simon at our club not to mention guys like Maxi & Hinchy all trying to make our club better.

The young guys coming through recently Fraser, Campbell etc & yesterday young Shep are proof that these guys are more than paying their way.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but what exactly has Ian Maxwell done in the game to warrant such high praise??? is he not just a pal of McCalls :thinking:

I agree with previous posts re Jackie and SID that their influence with the kids is vital..

Maxwell was just a pi sh centre half IMO

Spot on:thumbsup2:

Sorry if this is a bit off topic but what exactly has Ian Maxwell done in the game to warrant such high praise??? is he not just a pal of McCalls :thinking:

I agree with previous posts re Jackie and SID that their influence with the kids is vital..

You don't have to have been a great player to be a very good coach or manager. At the moment, only McCall is able to judge Maxwell's coaching abilities. Financial restrictions have resulted in a small senior squad supplemented by the player-coaches and the under-19s. We have been lucky to recruit Scott Fox and it is encouraging to see Scully and Shepherd come through.

No one should take our improved form for granted. It is encouraging that Grehan is improving with more playing time and Sid mat be lacking match sharpness too. We could be in big trouble if Rowson and Hodge were injured or suspended.

this must be about the 100th thread re Donnelly in his time here,it would be good if he could stcik around and give something to the youngsters past this season as a coach..however as a player surely no one can argue that he was a big wetty when it came to the crunch :thinking: don't think I have seen a player shirk as many tackles as SID.

My final post on the subject is this...When he had a chance to put himself in jags folkore he blew it big time against the h*ns :mad2:

Edited by Chicofan

Maxi is also involved in coaching the youngsters at the club as well. Also seems that the team spirit that is mentioned a lot, has plenty to do with him.

What has Maxi done in the game to warrant being referred to as "just a pi sh centre half" ? Granted he was never the quickest but he consistantly played at a high level so he must have had something going for him. Played many a good game in a Jags shirt. Yeah bad ones to but what player hasn't.

this must be about the 100th thread re Donnelly in his time here,it would be good if he could stcik around and give something to the youngsters past this season as a coach..however as a player surely no one can argue that he was a big wetty when it came to the crunch :thinking: don't think I have seen a player shirk as many tackles as SID.

My final post on the subject is this...When he had a chance to put himself in jags folkore he blew it big time against the h*ns :mad2:

I know the missed penalty you refer to. Were we not 2-0 down at the time? If so, are you seriously saying he had a chance to go into Jags Folklore by being the guy who scored a penalty so we may only have lost 2-1 as opposed 2-0?

Maxi is also involved in coaching the youngsters at the club as well. Also seems that the team spirit that is mentioned a lot, has plenty to do with him.

What has Maxi done in the game to warrant being referred to as "just a pi sh centre half" ? Granted he was never the quickest but he consistantly played at a high level so he must have had something going for him. Played many a good game in a Jags shirt. Yeah bad ones to but what player hasn't.

The dizzy heights of the buddies and the saints :blink:

A lot of people don't seem to appreciate what Sid does; whether that is through genuine ignorance or for some other reason, I don't know. Because he doesn't rampage about the pitch, chasing lost causes and throwing himself into tackles, people seem to construe that as laziness or sh*tbaggery but that's not his remit and it never has been.

I already said on another thread that I felt it was the wrong decision to bring him on at Queens and, as a result, it put us under increased pressure. Sid needs players moving around him but, because we were trying to protect our lead, we were content with sitting in our own half. Therefore, when the ball was played into Sid, he either lost possession or laid the ball off to another player who proceeded to boot it into the channel. However, it wasn't Sid's fault he was subbed on into a game that clearly didn't suit his style of play.

If there's a better player, technically, in the league, I've yet to see him. As its been said, he's not everybody's cup of tea but it seems people just jump on his back because he's an easy target.

Allez le Sid.

Edited by Armand2

I can imagine Donnelly ending up at Clyde

McNamara & Donnelly turned down an offer from Stirling Albion. It's likely common knowledge within football circles that they're planning to go into management. They may well want to start at the bottom of the ladder so Clyde's not a bad bet. Duffy and Chico will no doubt have been sacked or jacked it in by the summer. :)