Serious Request

ptfc87

Is there any chance of starting a separate forum for all this cr@p that is constantly on here about the board, shares blah blah blah. I accept people are going to argue that it is related to football because it is to do with the club but I come on here to read about build ups to games, get team news, and find out how others have felt that games have gone.

Is it just me that would be glad if all the other p!sh was moved to a separate link or something?

I'm sick of it too mate but at the end of the day, it is related to PTFC hence it will stay in this forum. Moving it would just be a bit pointless to be honest

You can only complain if a thread like that isn't headed properly so you can just ignore it - and anyway if you keep reading after the first post, then it's your own fault because if you didn't you could have just moved to another thread.

Edited to add: if you don't think there's enough to read on the team, games coming up and so on then start one of your own.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Is there any chance of starting a separate forum for all this cr@p that is constantly on here about the board, shares blah blah blah. I accept people are going to argue that it is related to football because it is to do with the club but I come on here to read about build ups to games, get team news, and find out how others have felt that games have gone.

Is it just me that would be glad if all the other p!sh was moved to a separate link or something?

Can't see why there couldn't be a separate board for threads of a "political" nature. That way, those of us who are interested can still participate in them.

When this site started, it had thousands of sub-forums.

Might be an idea to add this suggestion to the Ideas / Improvements board

Can't see why there couldn't be a separate board for threads of a "political" nature. That way, those of us who are interested can still participate in them.

When this site started, it had thousands of sub-forums.

Might be an idea to add this suggestion to the Ideas / Improvements board

Don't see it myself, after all it is football related. I know I couldn't be arsed searching through 100s of subforums for something of interest. After all if you don't see a thread you like, start your own ...

Edited by Mr Bunny

The more subforums you have, the less people will feel like wading through them to get to different items. People who are interested in both the behind the scenes stuff and the team news will not be bothered to go between different subforums every time they log in. And as said above, you don't need to click on the thread titles that aren't of your interest.

I've noticed when being nosey on other 1st division team forums they all seem to have a pre-match discussion thread for each match up to a week in advance of the game. Sometimes we have games on here where you're lucky if someone throws up a "predict the team" the night before the game. For example the Fakirk game there wasn't much discussion until the game was in doubt although that might have something to do with most of us being sick of the sight of them.

It might encourage more football chat, it might not but at least it would be somewhere to go and just talk about the upcoming game if the shares/board stuff doesn't interest you.

The soul of Partick Thistle has been sold.

If that is not worth politicking about, then not sure what is?

The club was never about players, a ground, league position, even board members to me; it was about being a Partick Thistle fan, the best fans there are, ones who could have pride in their players, in the gallows humour of their fellow fans, in their ground, and in their board.

Now, I hold certain board members (present and past but still lurking around) in contempt (and that is the most polite interpretation).

The soul has been ripped out of the club these last few years; many people would agree, some may disagree.

If Beattie wants supporter engagement, he has to be prepared to hear things he doesn't like as well as things he does.

The club was never about players, a ground, league position, even board members to me; it was about being a Partick Thistle fan, the best fans there are, ones who could have pride in their players, in the gallows humour of their fellow fans, in their ground, and in their board.

This, with bells on.