Tory Government

Rid Skwerr

Unemployment now up to 2.5 million!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8634241.stm

Is this supposed to be in the much vaunted 'National Interest'?

Absolutely disgraceful so-called government thus far. At this rate unemployment will have risen to over 3 million by the weekend. The Lib Dems, to be fair, must take their share of the blame too. :no:

Absolutely disgraceful so-called government thus far. At this rate unemployment will have risen to over 3 million by the weekend. The Lib Dems, to be fair, must take their share of the blame too. :no:

And hell did seem to freeze over last night.

Bring back Tony Blair I say !!! :wacko::confused1:

(Where's the 'Insert head in noose with mad as a hatter screwy face' emoticon ??? :help: )

Haha that made me laugh a little. I'm not sure I even know what you're on about really - if the situation really is that bad then it's obviously due to the previous govt who held power for years, not the new one that has been in only days. Not to mention that that link is to an article written a few weeks ago.

I take quite an interest in UK politics and was happy to see Mr Brown and his cronies ousted. Perhaps this new govt will put a stop to the excessive spending of taxpayers' money, maybe even enough to lower taxes. It happens all over the world - a left-wing govt gets in and spends as much of the peoples' money as it can, only to end up making a mess of things. Which is when the people turn to a right-wing party to clean up the mess. It happened in NZ recently, and has happened just now there in the UK.

Haha that made me laugh a little. I'm not sure I even know what you're on about really - if the situation really is that bad then it's obviously due to the previous govt who held power for years, not the new one that has been in only days. Not to mention that that link is to an article written a few weeks ago.

I take quite an interest in UK politics and was happy to see Mr Brown and his cronies ousted. Perhaps this new govt will put a stop to the excessive spending of taxpayers' money, maybe even enough to lower taxes. It happens all over the world - a left-wing govt gets in and spends as much of the peoples' money as it can, only to end up making a mess of things. Which is when the people turn to a right-wing party to clean up the mess. It happened in NZ recently, and has happened just now there in the UK.

For the purpose of clarity, I couldn't find the <_< smiley, but thought it would be ok anyway as the topic starter set the tone from post #1. :thumbsup2: