The Highlights "Package"

Munkey

Heard lots of things about this, and I dont really know what's going on.

Their charging for them?

Season ticket holders are getting them cheap?

CF members are getting a special bit of the site and getting access to them?

Their being done proffesionally from now on?

Any answers or rants about it, my ears, and eyes are open.

I heard we're appointing the QoS fan with his camcorder to cover all our league games next season.

Kiddin, obviously.

Has the club done any research into the marketing of the highlights? Will fans have to pay up front for an entire season of highlights, or can you pay as you view? Will these highlights be downloadable, or just available as streaming online video? If downloadable what steps are in place to avoid "YouTubing"?

No more than £5 per month. Any more and I wont be buying them.

I was asked by someone at the club a while back for ideas on costs and I said £45 a season with £30 for season ticket holders or £3 per game. But it needs to be 15 mins minimum highlights not the 3 mins we get now.

Also the chance to do a .pdf of the programme for something like £25 a season should be part of this

The Club's position on the highlights package has been nothing if not consistent. From the moment that they were re-introduced (2 seasons ago?) they have expressed their intention to charge for highlights. The fact that they have been provided for free for a couple of years is a bonus. This has been repeated a number of times on the forums for the last couple of seasons.

As I understand it there will be at least 2 levels of access. A shorter, basic highlights package - I suspect that will more or less mirror what we have been experiencing for free until now; and an extended package, to include player interviews etc. I can't recall the figures, but I seem to recall someone mentioning £5pcm for the basic package - don't quote me on that, though.

thanks for the clarification SS, but a few more questions for anyone who knows an answer,

will the courtesy of a discount be extended solely to the ST holders? and not the CF members?

Will the money being raised from the higlights be reinvested in the service, or is this just a money making scheme? and in 5 years time we'll be paying double the price for the same service?

thanks for the clarification SS, but a few more questions for anyone who knows an answer,

will the courtesy of a discount be extended solely to the ST holders? and not the CF members?

Will the money being raised from the higlights be reinvested in the service, or is this just a money making scheme? and in 5 years time we'll be paying double the price for the same service?

The answer to the questions you're putting on here are probably best answered by the person who's supposed to be overseeing it. Chances are that if you don't know, we don't know either.

[email protected]

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Have to admit, I quite enjoy the current highlights package we get on the offical site just now. If we are being made to cough up £5pcm (as is rumoured), I would like to see an increase in the quality of them, post match interviews and reactions too.

Also, If I do pay for them, I would expect them to be available from the mon/tues after the game. The current highlights can take up to 2 weeks after the game to be put on the official site.

The answer to the questions you're putting on here are probably best answered by the person who's supposed to be overseeing it. Chances are that if you don't know, we don't know either.

[email protected]

Quicker getting a response by walking from my work in hamilton and back to firhill and asking someone there.

Just thought some folk "in the know" about every fart at firhill on here might know waht the plans are, plus I like the patch work image of things I get with all the input on here. Only to be bitterly dissapointed when the club produce the goods.

The Trust will ask the club to provide details (if such are available at this time), and I will post any response that I get. I'm keen not to fuel wild speculation in the absence of hard facts.

My own view is that a properly run highlights package is a good thing, and paying for it is fair and reasonable, if the price is right. This club should be doing what it can to explore other streams of revenue (but not at the expense of taking advantage of its customers).

So how's the charging thing going to work when someone will copy it and post it for free on youtube.

£5 monthly for the highlights - you're having a bleeding laugh!

What do you wish to pay ffs £ 1.50 is that acceptable to you ? or maybe £ 2.50 ? . Get a grip ! Think what else you spend a £ 5 on in a month and think nowt of it ! Feck me, I know I put that much probably in charity boxes or buyin the big issue. This is our club we are talkin about and it needs money like every other organisation. Why the feck should it let people ( do you even go ? ) watch the match highlights for free. I treat this as a luxury and am happy to watch it knowing I have paid my season ticket / gate money.

Your the one who is not just havin a laff but takin the piss if you feel the Jags are cheating you !