Brazil Vs Scotland

AlbaJag

Thought i heard Bardsley was out, maybe wrong

I'm sure I heard that too. Personally I think we need more dig in the middle and with Fletcher, Thomson, etc not available, then something more along the lines of:

Macgregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Wilson/Cairney

Whittaker Brown

Morrison Adam Commons

Miller

I'm sure I heard that too. Personally I think we need more dig in the middle and with Fletcher, Thomson, etc not available, then something more along the lines of:

Macgregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Wilson/Cairney

Whittaker Brown

Morrison Adam Commons

Miller

Adam, Morrison and Brown have plenty dig about them.

Same old problem with the team for me......lack of options upfront.

Also am i alone in the thought that Caldwell vs Brasil forwards is a horror show just waiting to happen ?

Going to the game tommorow and really looking forward to it. Can't see us geeting a result, more excited about the occasion than anything else.

Bardsley is definately out, he didn't travel with the squad to La Manga.

Hope you have a great time. Fingers crossed you are celebrating a jags victory too while you are down there. Like you I don't see us getting a win. Just hope we have a go at them and try to entertain. There are some right good players in the scotland squad at this time, it's the guy running the show i'm not convinced in....but i'm prepared to give him more time to prove me wrong.

1] Adam, Morrison and Brown have plenty dig about them.

2] Same old problem with the team for me......lack of options upfront.

3] Also am i alone in the thought that Caldwell vs Brasil forwards is a horror show just waiting to happen ?

1] Adam may be tough but he loses concentration and fails to track back at vital times. Brown is one of my "defensive two, deep midfield".

2] Lack of options up front so, a set of attacking midfielders, further up the park.

3] That's why a pair of fairly tough players sitting just in front of the defence. I don't like Whitaker as left back anyway and think he'd be better in midfield. Problem is mind you we don't have decent left back in the squad.

Most of their width comes from their full backs though so I'd expect Morrison and Commons to track them.

I'd personally choose Gordon, but I see Levein has said he'll start McGregor and Brown. I'd like to see the 4-2-3-1 however I'm not sure who fits in the 2 alongside Brown since Darren Fletcher is out. Perhaps Whittaker as said above, and as it's a friendly it might be a chance to experiment with that. Adam would fit in there quite well in my opinion. We'll struggle to get the ball out if Brazil press and having him a little deeper he'll hopefully be able to collect it and distribute it better than anyone else. This also opens up a space in the midfield for McArthur who I think deserves it after the NI game. Bardsley is out and Wilson covered very well in the NI game in the second half, I think Levein will prefer him to playing Whittaker on his poorer side.

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Wilson

Brown Adam

Morrison McArthur Commons

Miller

I'd also like to see the likes of Snodgrass and Bannan get a chance late on. Also, I think it's important to blood some younger centre backs as I don't want to be relying on the liabilities that Caldwell and Berra can be for the next 10 years, so seeing Hanley and Danny Wilson play would be good.

1] Adam may be tough but he loses concentration and fails to track back at vital times. Brown is one of my "defensive two, deep midfield".

2] Lack of options up front so, a set of attacking midfielders, further up the park.

3] That's why a pair of fairly tough players sitting just in front of the defence. I don't like Whitaker as left back anyway and think he'd be better in midfield. Problem is mind you we don't have decent left back in the squad.

Most of their width comes from their full backs though so I'd expect Morrison and Commons to track them.

OK, I think we have found our next Scotland manager !!

Going to the game tommorow and really looking forward to it. Can't see us geeting a result, more excited about the occasion than anything else.

Bardsley is definately out, he didn't travel with the squad to La Manga.

Are you heading down, Kenny? I'm getting the National Express from Keggy at 7.50 in the morning. My body is going to think it's 6.50 in the morning though so it looks like an early night tonight.

Are you heading down, Kenny? I'm getting the National Express from Keggy at 7.50 in the morning. My body is going to think it's 6.50 in the morning though so it looks like an early night tonight.

Aye, I'm heading down. Getting the 7.20 train from Loughborough to St pancras then walking it/getting a tube up to the emirates. I know what you mean about the early start and the clocks going forward too. Hopefully I will have woken up by the time I arrive in London lol! Enjoy the game!

Hope you have a great time. Fingers crossed you are celebrating a jags victory too while you are down there. Like you I don't see us getting a win. Just hope we have a go at them and try to entertain. There are some right good players in the scotland squad at this time, it's the guy running the show i'm not convinced in....but i'm prepared to give him more time to prove me wrong.

Cheers mate, a 0-0 away to a promotion chasing side, with us having nothing to play for, is an alright start to the weekends football. I am expecting a typical Scotland hard fought performance with Brazil winning 2-0 unfortunately.

Still undecided over Levein, I think without the second half performace against Spain he would be under more pressure. Not convinced that the recent friendly results are quite so postive as the media and some of the fans are making out; NI were rotten and the Faroes, well we should be beating them comfortably at home regardless who is mananager.

Though, I am the same as you, will give him time and there are shoots of recovery with regards to the depth of our squad looking healthier. We still lack forward options though.

Levein has gone with 4-1-4-1 (BBC):

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Crainey

Morrison Brown Adam Whittaker McArthur

Miller

Not sure which one the BBC have indicated as the defensive midfielder. They list Adam first, however they say 'Steven Whittaker will be charged with winning the battle for the centre of the park and providing support for Kenny Miller, who will play as a lone striker' which suggests to me it isn't a 4-1-4-1. I think it will be the 4-2-3-1 with Whittaker playing in an advanced role, possibly on the left as Morrison usually plays on the right doesn't he? (I've not seen a lot of him to be honest). If this is true then it'll be Brown and Adam in the defensive midfield.

Levein has gone with 4-1-4-1 (BBC):

McGregor

Hutton Caldwell Berra Crainey

Morrison Brown Adam Whittaker McArthur

Miller

Not sure which one the BBC have indicated as the defensive midfielder. They list Adam first, however they say 'Steven Whittaker will be charged with winning the battle for the centre of the park and providing support for Kenny Miller, who will play as a lone striker' which suggests to me it isn't a 4-1-4-1. I think it will be the 4-2-3-1 with Whittaker playing in an advanced role, possibly on the left as Morrison usually plays on the right doesn't he? (I've not seen a lot of him to be honest). If this is true then it'll be Brown and Adam in the defensive midfield.

Certainly hope Adam is not playing a holding role. Want to see Adam get a free role today. funny but while at Rangers i thought he was useless. Now, he's only a few weeks away from a move to Liverpool or Spurs (hope it's Liverpool) and in my view has been one of the top performers in the EPL this season. Great range of passing and superb at set plays.

surprised Morrison is fit for this......if you see the state of his face you'll see why. He's good on the ball and got a great shot on him, scored two of the best goals in EPL this season (as long as you take ape boys overhead kick out the equation!!).