Just In

angry gaz

The one plus point of today was more people are realising that those who continually pick on Grehan are absolute idiots. I think some people need to appreciate that there's no outstanding strikers in the 1st division and having Doolan performing well with Grehan supporting him is about the best you can get in this division if compared to other teams. I noticed that it's probably the same people who defend Erskine being woefully off form that lambast Grehan if those I sat in front of today and at East End Park are anything to go by.

I sat near the Queens fans today and one thing I noticed is the stewards were clamping down on any Thistle fan in the kids zone who said anything remotely near a swear word yet completely ignored th Queens fans who spent the 90mins criticising either McCall or the QoS board in less than complimentary terms. If Beattie and the board are thinking of saving money by putting away fans in the JHS then maybe they should consider moving the kids zone, preferably swapping it with the Shed.

I've always thought the shed and kids zone should be swapped. I think it would help with atmosphere. Think having the kids zone beside the directors and hospitality is also a better move. Of course that means moving the directors area but if that is required then so be it.

First time in as long as I can remember I've missed a home game without a proper reason for doing so (ie being out the country or something). Makes me realise how easy it must be for fans to drift away.

Sounds like I missed nothing from what I've read on here and from what my mates texted me during the game.

Ok, well my thoughts on yesterday. An absolutely drab game, but not helped by the fact that we have the most disgraceful pitch in Scottish, or even British professional football at this moment in time.

We just did not look like breaking them down, we resorted to "tippy-tappy" football on the edge of the box, on an uneven pitch, and ended up losing it. We just did not have a killer pass at all. Flannigan's miss was a bad one, it just compounds the fact that, 1) Our pitch is absolutely BS, 2) That Flannigan has noooooo left foot!

Really a typical end of season performance, little effort. If I didn't have a season ticket, I'd have felt hard done by if I'd have paid £17 to watch that! I only wish Ian McCall could understand that is why the attendances are poor.

Tactically we sat far to deep (again), our defence was solid, but the midfield could not get up in time to support the attackers. Being at home, against a QoS team that leaks goals, I'm pretty angry we just sat back! I also hope Tommy Stewart will get a chance soon also to prove himself, as Grehan had another average day.

Fox 6/10, Robertson 6/10, Boyle 7/10, Kinniburgh 6/10, Balatoni 6/10, Archibald 6/10, Flannigan 6/10, Rowson 6/10, Erskine 4/10, Grehan 5/10, Doolan 6/10.

(Wondering if that pitch will even be playable on Tuesday night :thinking: )

Ok, well my thoughts on yesterday. An absolutely drab game, but not helped by the fact that we have the most disgraceful pitch in Scottish, or even British professional football at this moment in time.

We just did not look like breaking them down, we resorted to "tippy-tappy" football on the edge of the box, on an uneven pitch, and ended up losing it. We just did not have a killer pass at all. Flannigan's miss was a bad one, it just compounds the fact that, 1) Our pitch is absolutely BS, 2) That Flannigan has noooooo left foot!

Really a typical end of season performance, little effort. If I didn't have a season ticket, I'd have felt hard done by if I'd have paid £17 to watch that! I only wish Ian McCall could understand that is why the attendances are poor.

Tactically we sat far to deep (again), our defence was solid, but the midfield could not get up in time to support the attackers. Being at home, against a QoS team that leaks goals, I'm pretty angry we just sat back! I also hope Tommy Stewart will get a chance soon also to prove himself, as Grehan had another average day.

Fox 6/10, Robertson 6/10, Boyle 7/10, Kinniburgh 6/10, Balatoni 6/10, Archibald 6/10, Flannigan 6/10, Rowson 6/10, Erskine 4/10, Grehan 5/10, Doolan 6/10.

A pretty fair overall assessment, but I think your scores a bit harsh on the keeper and defenders, who did their job pretty much perfectly.

My mate and I wondered if Doolan was carrying an injury as he seemed nowhere like his usual self. I hope not and it was just and off day.

We're now 11 points (plus far better goal difference) ahead of Cowdenbeath with nothing to play for - despite McCall's going on about getting 2rd/4th place. (Personally I think 5th is probably best we'll get).

I think there's more chance of the attendances staying at least stable if he announces well in advance that a youngster will start a game and we'll see 2 or 3 of them getting games each week. There's not much of interest coming up really (exept maybe the hope of beating Falkirk a few times) and the prospect of seeing this crop of youngsters properly in action is about the only thing I can think of that gives the final games to come any flavour.

My mate and I wondered if Doolan was carrying an injury as he seemed nowhere like his usual self. I hope not and it was just and off day.

We're now 11 points (plus far better goal difference) ahead of Cowdenbeath with nothing to play for - despite McCall's going on about getting 2rd/4th place. (Personally I think 5th is probably best we'll get).

I think there's more chance of the attendances staying at least stable if he announces well in advance that a youngster will start a game and we'll see 2 or 3 of them getting games each week. There's not much of interest coming up really (exept maybe the hope of beating Falkirk a few times) and the prospect of seeing this crop of youngsters properly in action is about the only thing I can think of that gives the final games to come any flavour.

Yeah, I'd say that's a very fair assessment. The youngsters have made only brief cameo appearances this season, so I'd like to see the likes of Shawn Fraser start a game, after all he has scored 2goals in only perhaps 90mins of football all in this season.

The youngsters have made only brief cameo appearances this season, so I'd like to see the likes of Shawn Fraser start a game, after all he has scored 2goals in only perhaps 90mins of football all in this season.

Completely agree with these two comments

(with exception of it's "Shaun" not "Shawn" if i'm being a pedant, sorry! Y&R)

I'm uncertain about any injury but it was clear Doolan needed subbed. I wasn't to be honest shocked to hear some fans jeer the subbing but it always dismays me to know that within our loyal support there's still fans that fail to notice the blatant obvious.

The attendances have been poor for some time. Even after some impressive performances there was not a significant increase in the crowd.

I've not been to a game since October. There are a number of reasons why. Pitch being poor, team not playing well have had no bearing on that what so ever. Unless we were able to canvas the stay away fans, then none of us will know why so many are no longer going back to the matches just now.

I'd suggest the financial climate will be playing a far bigger part than the state of the pitch or the quality of player on the park. The decline in numbers attending Firhill began long before McCall became manager.

The attendances have been poor for some time. Even after some impressive performances there was not a significant increase in the crowd.

I've not been to a game since October. There are a number of reasons why. Pitch being poor, team not playing well have had no bearing on that what so ever. Unless we were able to canvas the stay away fans, then none of us will know why so many are no longer going back to the matches just now.

I'd suggest the financial climate will be playing a far bigger part than the state of the pitch or the quality of player on the park. The decline in numbers attending Firhill began long before McCall became manager.

Well, you've told us what hasn't caused you to abandon, but you've said nothing about what might be the reasons. If it's all down to the financial climate, then things are going to get worse for every club, not just Thistle.