Ian Cameron

Barry1876

I spotted Ian McCall out in the West End last night with his Thistle backroom staff- some farewell drinks I suppose. Anyway, point is McCall was making it clear that in his eyes Ian Cameron should be the next manager of the Jags. Nothing against Jackie but I actually think Cammy would be a good shout, ok still a rookie in first team management terms but he has the playing and coaching credentials and has produced a good few promising players for the club already. Any thoughts?

I spotted Ian McCall out in the West End last night with his Thistle backroom staff- some farewell drinks I suppose. Anyway, point is McCall was making it clear that in his eyes Ian Cameron should be the next manager of the Jags. Nothing against Jackie but I actually think Cammy would be a good shout, ok still a rookie in first team management terms but he has the playing and coaching credentials and has produced a good few promising players for the club already. Any thoughts?

Only 2.

I no longer care what McCall thinks. I assume Jackie and Sid weren't there?

Only 2.

I no longer care what McCall thinks. I assume Jackie and Sid weren't there?

and as has been pointed out on many occassions, Cammy has an excellent job outside football. Happy to see him contributing to the ever promising youth side of the club and on the touchlines on a Saturday

Only 2.

I no longer care what McCall thinks.

Entitled to your say, but dont forget what McCall did for our club. Not sure where we would be without the money from Harkins and Twaddle and he was insistent that the club set up a youth policy which we are now begining to see the benefits of. At a time when the clubs was/is on its knees financially I dont think anyone can grumble about the job McCall did on a shoestring budget

Entitled to your say, but dont forget what McCall did for our club. Not sure where we would be without the money from Harkins and Twaddle and he was insistent that the club set up a youth policy which we are now begining to see the benefits of. At a time when the clubs was/is on its knees financially I dont think anyone can grumble about the job McCall did on a shoestring budget

You're talking to the wrong guy, and you misunderstand. I was a staunch defender of McCall and well appreciate the job he done for us, but Jaggernaut sums up what I meant. He is an ex-employee who has zero influence now. Also, Ian Cameron remains one of my all-time favourite Jags players and I would be happy to see him given the job, but I suspect he would have a greater earning capacity in his 'real' job as a CA.

Jackie is the man in the hotseat for now and he will have my full backing.

Cameron might well turn out to be a good manager if he was interested in going down that road.

But McCall is now merely an ex-employee of PTFC, who should have (and does have) no influence whatsoever about what goes on at the club.

He is still wearing his Thistle tracksuit on his trips round the west-end !!

McCall has in the past said Ian Cameron would be a good future manager of Thistle. So I don't find anything startling about him saying it now.

McCall also made it clear he envisaged himself, to use the vernacular, going upstairs in the Club in a few years time perhaps with Cameron taking over as manager. I feel tho' his current views are tainted (temporarily at least) since his ultra sudden departure for private reasons. I know he also mentioned professional reasons but, as he hasn't mentioned what those were, they too appear to be "private".

There is no such thing this time round as a cheap option when selecting a manager. There's virtually no option but cheap thus the logic would be to go in house. Also I can't believe that there'll be any lengthy initial contract on offer.

If Ian Cameron is prepared to give up what I assume will be a sound income and risk it as a Jags manager it shows real commitment and no doubt real self belief as well. If he was to apply I hope the Board treat his application very seriously with or more likely without taking on board McCall's endorsement.

If I were Ian McCall, and I was in with a chance of managing another First division Club, does anyone think I'd be recommending the best candidate for my old post that might make things difficult for me in my new post?

Let me think about that one for a while...... :blink:

:thinking:

Nah.