New Home Top?

Chicofan

It's been rumoured to be a 40th anniversary of 1971 jersey, which I imagine would be mainly yellow with a red trim. As said above, it is because of the end of the sponsorship deal, though I hope it doesn't become a trademark that both shirts change each year, as happens with all the rest of the clubs in this division.

It's been rumoured to be a 40th anniversary of 1971 jersey, which I imagine would be mainly yellow with a red trim. As said above, it is because of the end of the sponsorship deal, though I hope it doesn't become a trademark that both shirts change each year, as happens with all the rest of the clubs in this division.

I agree that in the fortieth anniversary period we should go with the 1971 kit, just as we did with the centenary colours, but use the '71 kit as our 'home' strip. After that we should always have red'n'yella hoops, with stripes now and again.

I'd also like to see a re-issuing, some time in the new season, of the cup final programme so that everybody who wasn't there can have a wee slice of the action. Surely in the modern technological era this could be done. :thinking:

I agree that in the fortieth anniversary period we should go with the 1971 kit, just as we did with the centenary colours, but use the '71 kit as our 'home' strip. After that we should always have red'n'yella hoops, with stripes now and again.

I'd also like to see a re-issuing, some time in the new season, of the cup final programme so that everybody who wasn't there can have a wee slice of the action. Surely in the modern technological era this could be done. :thinking:

I distinctly remember being at some money-raising hospitality event at Firhill a few years ago for which exactly that was done; i.e. reproduction programmes.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Looked on Greaves Site there and the current/last season top is now £15..but it does say 2010/12 :thinking:

Picked up an excellent "Jags 76" t-shirt on Saturday for £8. The Sauchiehall St store is clearly running down a lot of "old" Jags stock. Here's hoping for an influx of good new stuff soon.

Including the Thistle tartan scarves!

Looked on Greaves Site there and the current/last season top is now £15..but it does say 2010/12 :thinking:

Think when you log into thesection where the top is it then changes from 2010/12 to 2010/11.

It is definately being replaced.

I've been told by member of greaves that new away top will be black with red and yellow stripe down one side....though consideration was given to an all pink one.

Guy wouldn't say a word as to the design of the home one.

I would imagine it will be early to mid June that the home top will come out. Beattie made reference to a preorder around same time of the new membership scheme being launched.

Picked up an excellent "Jags 76" t-shirt on Saturday for £8. The Sauchiehall St store is clearly running down a lot of "old" Jags stock. Here's hoping for an influx of good new stuff soon.

Including the Thistle tartan scarves!

Was just wondering about that myself. I just checked back and they emailed me on 14th January to say they were sourcing material then would present it to the board. Here's hoping that's still a goer.

A very kind guy on the old forum sent me scans of the programme and cup-final tickets. Sadly (like an idiot) I didn't back them up anywhere and lost them when my old 'puter died.

BUT....it wouldn't be all that difficult to put them up on this site if anyone has a copy, would it? :thumbsup2:

Have a look for the new Motherwell top, done by Puma (I'm on my phone so posting links is a pain).

Very similar to our centenary top with the retro badge and the Puma logo being the same colour as the shirt so that it's only visible close up.

A 1971 style top like that would be brilliant. Suppose the issue comes down to where the sponsor goes.

Have a look for the new Motherwell top, done by Puma (I'm on my phone so posting links is a pain).

Very similar to our centenary top with the retro badge and the Puma logo being the same colour as the shirt so that it's only visible close up.

A 1971 style top like that would be brilliant. Suppose the issue comes down to where the sponsor goes.

Good question, and will it have a big red traditional Thistle or the herry baw version?

That's exactly what I was going to say, it would look very similar to this Motherwell top without the Maroon stripe across the middle and the trim red. Our centenary top looked good without the sponsor on the shirt, but the shorts were white. If going for the same as the 1971 kit the shorts will be red and a sponsor wouldn't stand out.

My link

And those who were officially there after that result ;)B)

• Members

Was just wondering about that myself. I just checked back and they emailed me on 14th January to say they were sourcing material then would present it to the board. Here's hoping that's still a goer.

Told you we should have gone for it ourselves! ;)

And those who were officially there after that result ;)B)

Including my good self, of course. But, a few years ago an ex trashed my two programmes :mad2: and I've been a wee bit keen to get my hands on another one ever since, so a reproduction would suit me just nicely.

Just as a mental aside, if you were on a planet that's 40 light years away and you had the appropriate satellite technology, you'd be able to watch it 'live' later this year. :o

Just as a mental aside, if you were on a planet that's 40 light years away and you had the appropriate satellite technology, you'd be able to watch it 'live' later this year. :o

:lol:

Alas it's fairly certain that the radio waves would have experienced such substantial interference before and most likely around the locality of such a planet that they'd hear "In comes net... balls the walk into the Bone!"