Who Would You Like To Sign?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think the lad's name is Baxter*. If that's him he has tremendous attitude and in that respect reminds me of Big Boab. I'd be surprised if he steps up. I've seen another lad Pierce(?)* as well but never looked as accomplished as McGeough on the other flank. Also seen McGeough play left back for 45 mins and he looks like he would, if we re-sign him, be alright as cover in an emergency.

In answer to your question I don't think we have a younger player in waiting for that position.

* got a feeling I might have got a name wrong. :unsure:

Yup, Jonathon Baxter I think and defo in the mould of Big Boab. I remember him in the season we won the Youth Cup but haven't heard of him since then. Don't think he is what's needed but haven't seen how he has developed.

Finding a good left back at our level is gona be difficult and I reluctantly admit the most realistic name mentioned who could do the job if fit is Kevin McKinley.

If Boyle doesn't re-sign I'd go for Bob Harris. Not had a great season, Glasgow based and won't be kept on by Queens. Offer a one year deal for him to prove himself to a bigger club.

I've just been assuming Harris would be well outside our wage structure. I reckon the only reason he was a bit off the ball last season was what happened up at Dundee coupled with the Q o S situation.

Harris also looks adaptable. Seen him play in the McNamara/Storrie role (albeit at reserve level) and I think he played left centreback at the last game at Firhill.

I do tho' find it hard to believe we could sign him on terms that Boyle would knock back.

I've just been assuming Harris would be well outside our wage structure. I reckon the only reason he was a bit off the ball last season was what happened up at Dundee coupled with the Q o S situation.

Harris also looks adaptable. Seen him play in the McNamara/Storrie role (albeit at reserve level) and I think he played left centreback at the last game at Firhill.

I do tho' find it hard to believe we could sign him on terms that Boyle would knock back.

Generally agree with all that but on recent form I can see why a team looking for a left-back would pick up Boyle and not Harris. Being adaptable is good but he's not played that well in ANY position in the past season and I don't see many SPL teams (or Dundee) taking a risk. He's local to us (I think) and may be tempted by a one-year deal if he's struggling to get anything else.

I'd prefer just to re-sign Boyle to be fair.

Generally agree with all that but on recent form I can see why a team looking for a left-back would pick up Boyle and not Harris. Being adaptable is good but he's not played that well in ANY position in the past season and I don't see many SPL teams (or Dundee) taking a risk. He's local to us (I think) and may be tempted by a one-year deal if he's struggling to get anything else.

I'd prefer just to re-sign Boyle to be fair.

I guess we're more or less in agreement. It's just I believe that clubs further up the peckin' order will be aware why he's been poorer last season.

One thing tho' if both Harris & Boyle are looking to better themselves it will make it more difficult for both to get sorted out so you might well be right about our chances.

What's the script with Ryan Conroy? He's no world-beater but he'd do a job. He must be out of contract at Darkheap now.

If we sign all of last season's players JM is in talks with except Boyle, then we're probably a left back, a centre half and a striker away from the squad being complete. Hopefully Jaggy is better with loans than the last manager.

His contract out this summer and will definitely be leaving. He'll be available.

Baxter has looked decent at LB when I've seen him, very tough player, but for him to have any chance to make it at a professional level he needs to lose a fair bit of weight. I saw him in the youth cup run last season & he was carrying abit of weight, saw a youth game at Petershill about 2 months ago & he was even bigger at that game. Wouldn't want to go into a tackle or a fish supper with him.

Hamilton have released a lot of players - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13398942.stm

"David Buchanan, Mark Carrington, David Elebert, Tom Elliott, Andy Graham, Gary McDonald, Sean Murdoch and Gavin Skelton are the men departing.

They follow last month's exits of Damian Casalinuovo and twin brothers Flavio and Marco Paixao.

Aaron Wildig will return to Cardiff City after his loan spell...

Grant Evans leaves after spending the season on loan at Morton, while James Gibson is expected to retire after suffering a third serious knee injury in three years earlier this month.

Teenagers Darren Dolan, Andy Kennedy, Jordan McCue, Reece McGillion and Scott Pittman are also on their way."

Anyone worth considering? I doubt that Casalinouvo would be popular at Firhill!

His Twitter feed susggests he's signed for County.

Looks like a 2 year deal as well. It's a bit disconcerting hearing that County have cash to splash.

Wouldn't take any of the St Johnstone cast offs to be honest. Danny Invincible would score goals at our level but his fitness would be an issue.

Gavin Skelton's name has been punted around and I wouldn't mind seeing him at Firhill next season. I imagine he could be out of our price range, even in what will seemingly be a competitive market.