Law Of Marriage

sigesige00

Is there any difference about marriage/divorce between England and Scotland?

In Scotland, do women change family name? In Japan, there is a law that legal couple must have the same family name; and 97% of new wives change family name. There is a movement against that law.

In Korea and China family name does not change for life. Children succeeds the father's family name.

And, at what age marriage is possible? In Japan, 18 (men) and 16 (women). (However, marriage under 20 requires an approval from a parent.)

In my community (Hasidic Jew) its not unusual for men to meet their wives until the day of their marriage therefore sometimes we don't even know their first name. If any of my wives had refused to take my surmane they would have been discombubulated from the community.

When I married my sister she was only 16 and because we have the same surname she didn't have to change it. Being the libertarian I am, I wouldn't have wanted her to. Our kids are ugly.

I suppose being the liberal family that you are it wouldn't have mattered whether you got married in England or Scotland, since no doubt they'd have consented to your sister marrying notwithstanding her age.

:thumbsup2:

Is there any difference about marriage/divorce between England and Scotland?

In Scotland, do women change family name? In Japan, there is a law that legal couple must have the same family name; and 97% of new wives change family name. There is a movement against that law.In Korea and China family name does not change for life. Children succeeds the father's family name.

And, at what age marriage is possible? In Japan, 18 (men) and 16 (women). (However, marriage under 20 requires an approval from a parent.)

Are you campaigning for a change in this aspect of Japanese law? Are Japanese legislators influenced by views expressed by Thistle fans on this forum? Hopefully so.

When I married my sister she was only 16 and because we have the same surname she didn't have to change it. Being the libertarian I am, I wouldn't have wanted her to. Our kids are ugly.

So youre either from kilwinning or armadale

Are you campaigning for a change in this aspect of Japanese law? Are Japanese legislators influenced by views expressed by Thistle fans on this forum? Hopefully so.

I am not involved in the movement, but of course I am for the change of law allowing for couples to have different surname.

And while I am a Japanese citizen, I have a Korean origin. In the Korean tradition, there is no custom for women to change their surname to their husband's.

I am not involved in the movement, but of course I am for the change of law allowing for couples to have different surname.

And while I am a Japanese citizen, I have a Korean origin. In the Korean tradition, there is no custom for women to change their surname to their husband's.

Not only no custom, but no point... Everybody is Kim, Lee, Park, or Choi !

Not only no custom, but no point... Everybody is Kim, Lee, Park, or Choi !

As for romanisation of Korean, I am very disappointed that many Koreans are indifferent of correct spelling. Both governments of Korea has the rules of correct spelling of Korean, but many people ignore that, and using wrong spelling like Lee, Park, etc. (Lee must be Ri, Park must be Bak)

I think that the reason of their indifference of Roman spelling is that they consider that only their Hangul name are formal.

As for romanisation of Korean, I am very disappointed that many Koreans are indifferent of correct spelling. Both governments of Korea has the rules of correct spelling of Korean, but many people ignore that, and using wrong spelling like Lee, Park, etc. (Lee must be Ri, Park must be Bak)

I think that the reason of their indifference of Roman spelling is that they consider that only their Hangul name are formal.

Phew! I'm glad we've cleared that up.

Irrelevant Nonsense forum for this drivel!

What's the situation on inbreeding in Japan?

What's the situation on inbreeding in Japan?

In Japan's tradition, inbreeding has been considered bad. However, marriage between cousins is OK, unlike Korea.

And, when one of a couple die early, the living one can marry to his/her former wife/husband's brother/sister in the Japanese tradition. But, in the Korean tradition, this is not OK.

In Japan's tradition, inbreeding has been considered bad. However, marriage between cousins is OK, unlike Korea.

And, when one of a couple die early, the living one can marry to his/her former wife/husband's brother/sister in the Japanese tradition. But, in the Korean tradition, this is not OK.

If my wife died, I would never consider marrying her brother.