Pre-Season Friendlies 2011/2012

Smurph

Should we keep all pre-season rumours/confirmed fixtures in the one thread? We did last year.

We've already confirmed one against Dumbarton on the 19th of July, and now we might be playing a fixture against Fleetwood Town at an undecided venue. It's also rumoured we'll be playing Blyth Spartans away!

Saturday 2nd July 15:00 - Blyth Spartans (A)

Saturday 9th July 15:00 - Fleetwood Town (N) (UNCONFIRMED)

Saturday 16th July 15:00 - Celtic XI (H)

Tuesday 19th July 19:30 - Dumbarton (A)

Edited by Smurph

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we keep all pre-season rumours/confirmed fixtures in the one thread? We did last year.

We've already confirmed one against Dumbarton on the 19th of July, and now we might be playing a fixture against Fleetwood Town at an undecided venue.

Edit- It doesn't matter. I have been beaten to it. Sort of. <_<

When I saw Fleetwood Town mentioned, I thought 'brilliant', then saw that it wasn't away from home. Never mind.

Absolute belter, I missed the last one.

How do you get there again, train (to where?) then bus to Blyth?

Wee word of caution. From what I'm told this isn't, as yet, fully confirmed. If anyone is thinking, therefore, about getting things booked early I would hang fire just for now.

Hopefully all will be confirmed very shortly. While Blyth itself is a rough wee town the welcome we got last time was exceellent. Would recommend the trip to anyone who didn't make it last time. And to those that did, obviously.

Wee word of caution. From what I'm told this isn't, as yet, fully confirmed. If anyone is thinking, therefore, about getting things booked early I would hang fire just for now.

Hopefully all will be confirmed very shortly. While Blyth itself is a rough wee town the welcome we got last time was exceellent. Would recommend the trip to anyone who didn't make it last time. And to those that did, obviously.

I thought you said you ran into a problem with the Blyth officials, Tom :rolleyes: .

Train to Newcastle then a bus to Blyth is how a few of us got there last time

Need to be aware that the East Coast trains now only run from edinburgh, at the timetable changeover they withdrew the glasgow section, altho crosscountry are taking over some of the ditched portions

Direct train times are

0900 glc-ncl arrives 1138 (xc service to penzance)

1059 glc-ncl arrives 1335 (xc service to plymouth)

Trains via edinburgh are

0830 queen st to edinburgh arr 0919, 0930 edb arr 1057 newc (east coast)

0845 glq-edb arr 0936, 1000 edb arr ncl 1127 (east coast)

0930 glq-edb arr 1017, 1030 edb arr ncl 1155 (east coast)

1030 glq-edb arr 1120, 1130 edb arr ncl 1255 (east coast)

1045 glq-edb arr 1136, 1200 edb arr ncl 1326 (east coast)

The trains ive put up are showing quite cheap prices on the national rail site of advance singles of £18-£30

Coming back really depends on what times you want to come back, those who are unsure pm me and ill check for you, once the match is confirmed

Edited by thomas

Actually forgot about that. Just one drunk guy with some 'unfortunate' opinions. That aside, a very welcoming club.

Don't be hard on yourself, dear boy. ;) I loved the view of the castle from that ground.

What was the 'big' game on the telly that day?

Is this going to be some sort or reserve/Celtic XI team? Don't the old firm spend their summers exporting their bigotry...I mean making themselves money...in 'glamour matches' abroad?

I would imagine it will be a mixture of youth and fringe players. Celtic have a big squad and had around 10 players out on loan last season.

Edited by kni