Your Sigesige Sporting Rule Improvements?

KAWB

Let's see, off the top of my head...

Football:

Unlimited (rolling) substitutions with a limit of 5 players on each bench.

Yellow card should mean player is in sin bin for 10 minutes, although player can be replaced during their binning by rolling substitute.

Snooker:

I'd do away with the miss rule, or at least stop it from being used indiscriminantly for every miss, and only at the referee's discretion in instances where a player has appeared to have missed a shot intentionally to gain an advantage.

I think that the number of a squad should be 23 (including at least 3 GKs), like World Cup or Euro.

And substitution numbers/times should be unlimited.

In Futsal, the number of a squad is 12 while the number of on-pitch players is 5. So the number 23 is not too large.

And the rule that there must be 1 GK on the pitch should be abolished. The losing side should be allowed to withdraw GK and add an attacking player in the last minutes of the game, like Ice Hockey.

I think that the rules of High Tig should be amended to reduce the time the participant who is het has to wait before he can legitimately tig the participant who is, eg, on top of a car. The present uncodified rule allows for a period of 10 seconds; reducing this to 5 seconds would make tig a more spectator-friendly sport as participants would be forced to think quicker thus allowing the game to flow with fewer unnecessary and deliberate stoppages.

It should be pointed out, though, that the rules can sometimes vary from close to close.

In football, I'd like to see rugby union style "lifting" legalised in the penalty area.

I'd also scrap the offside rule as it's obvious that most players, supporters, commentators, pundits and officials don't understand it anyway.

In water-polo, it should be legal to smash the ball into an opponent's face whilst shouting "if you want the ball so f***ing much, then have it" if they have consistently pulled you back each time you've gone past them during the game.

On both occasions when I've done this, I have been surprised to find myself ejected from the game. :unknw:

I think that the rules of High Tig should be amended to reduce the time the participant who is het has to wait before he can legitimately tig the participant who is, eg, on top of a car. The present uncodified rule allows for a period of 10 seconds; reducing this to 5 seconds would make tig a more spectator-friendly sport as participants would be forced to think quicker thus allowing the game to flow with fewer unnecessary and deliberate stoppages.

It should be pointed out, though, that the rules can sometimes vary from close to close.

Could we incorporate this 5 second rule to apply to "tagging your butcher"? I've always thought that rule held back the potential of tig as a televised sport.

Edited by Norman

In a similar vein, the rules of Aeroplane Tig should be amended to allow the player who is het an opportunity to rap frozen players in the baws, as players still in the game approach, thus causing their arms to flap shut like a Venus fly trap preventing their release back into the game. In 1960s Broomhill this was known as the Davie Agnew Rule since he was the prime recipient of said rap.

In a similar vein, the rules of Aeroplane Tig should be amended to allow the player who is het an opportunity to rap frozen players in the baws, as players still in the game approach, thus causing their arms to flap shut like a Venus fly trap preventing their release back into the game. In 1960s Broomhill this was known as the Davie Agnew Rule since he was the prime recipient of said rap.

Without doubt such an amendment is long overdue. As a result, Erry Tig would benefit from having a tougher player base, thereby increasing the opportunities for much required sponsorship.

Could we incorporate this 5 second rule to apply to "tagging your butcher"? I've always thought that rule held back the potential of tig as a televised sport.

This laudable suggestion gives good grounds for the unification of the different codes of Tig. The drawback, alas, is that tribal attitudes displayed by the governing bodies from different closes and schemes mean that unification is probably still some way off. :(

In water-polo, it should be legal to smash the ball into an opponent's face whilst shouting "if you want the ball so f***ing much, then have it" if they have consistently pulled you back each time you've gone past them during the game.

On both occasions when I've done this, I have been surprised to find myself ejected from the game. :unknw:

Being pulled back is a major foul that results in the offender being given a 20 second exclusion. Your retaliation doesn't seem that bad, except from the swearing.

As an aside, I once headbutted somone in a game, managing to win a foul when doing so. The person who 'fouled' me even apologised :thinking:

Women tennis players should not be allowed to use rackets or balls. They should instead be required to run back and forth along baseline hurling grunts and screaming/squealing at each other until the umpire is suitably impressed or excited and awards a point.

Edited by Jaggernaut

For Marathon running I'd like to see something in the home straight like the bit on I'm a Celebrity or Total Wipeout where a tidal wave is let rip and the athlete would be washed away. Also people on the home straight should also be in charge of water cannons to try and make it more interesting for the runner to cross the line.

For Marathon running I'd like to see something in the home straight like the bit on I'm a Celebrity or Total Wipeout where a tidal wave is let rip and the athlete would be washed away. Also people on the home straight should also be in charge of water cannons to try and make it more interesting for the runner to cross the line.

i like

I'll go for a sensible option, in football, should a shot/cross/whatever his the post or bar & go out of play, the corner/throw-in is given to the team who hit the post/bar. Gives the advantage to the attacking team & should add more excitement with a corner the probable outcome from the post or bar being hit.

It also wouldn't happen that often that it would spoil the game (or disadvantage good defending), if it happened once or twice a game that would be all I would imagine.

I'll go for a sensible option, in football, should a shot/cross/whatever his the post or bar & go out of play, the corner/throw-in is given to the team who hit the post/bar. Gives the advantage to the attacking team & should add more excitement with a corner the probable outcome from the post or bar being hit.

It also wouldn't happen that often that it would spoil the game (or disadvantage good defending), if it happened once or twice a game that would be all I would imagine.

:thumbsup2:

I suggested the very same thing a while back, requiring the simplest tweak of the rules imaginable. An additional advantage is that it eliminates any controversy about who the ball hit last before it hit the woodwork.

If I recall correctly, I even sent an e-mail to the SFA about it. Was it given any serious consideration?

Well,... I'll leave it at that.

The use of terrier dogs in football.

All teams should be allowed to use a terrier dog when a one on one situation between the defending team's goalkeeper and the attacking team's forward comes into being, ie through play situations where defenders are too far from play and the attack is onside.

It should be the manager's responsibility to judge when a through play is valid valid and release the terrier dog to chase the attacker with the intention of scaring him sh@tless. The terrier may only go for the ball and not the player.

Any inappropriate release of the terrier should result in the booking of the manager under the yellow/red card system.

Due to the distance between the dugout and the potential attacker's position, it is difficult to know (without testing) if the terrier will be able to intercept the ball, however, the amusement value will far outweigh whether or not this actually improves the game.

Crowd noise of wwoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa as the terrier approaches the player will also add to the enjoyment.

Under the present rule, the goal post stands on the goal line. However, the goal post should be circumscribed to the goal line, and the ball hit the post/bar should be recognised as a goal.

All teams should be allowed to use a terrier dog when a one on one situation between the defending team's goalkeeper and the attacking team's forward comes into being, ie through play situations where defenders are too far from play and the attack is onside.

It should be the manager's responsibility to judge when a through play is valid valid and release the terrier dog to chase the attacker with the intention of scaring him sh@tless. The terrier may only go for the ball and not the player.

Any inappropriate release of the terrier should result in the booking of the manager under the yellow/red card system.

Due to the distance between the dug-out and the potential attacker's position, it is difficult to know (without testing) if the terrier will be able to intercept the ball, however, the amusement value will far outweigh whether or not this actually improves the game.

Crowd noise of wwoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaa as the terrier approaches the player will also add to the enjoyment.

I see what you did there.

Due to the distance between the dugout and the potential attacker's position, it is difficult to know (without testing) if the terrier will be able to intercept the ball, however, the amusement value will far outweigh whether or not this actually improves the game.

Barking.

I think Formula 1 could be made more interesting if they did a reverse Le Mans start and had to back out the garage onto the track to start the race.

Could make it quite tricky for those that were slow to find reverse.

It would do a lot to bring F1 into line with the daily experience of the average driver and, to show solidarity with the problems faced by tenement-dwelling motorists, the race should finish with a reverse parallel park, where there should be 5 less spaces than cars racing.

One of the spaces should also contain an old mattress and a couple of broken bedside tables out waiting for the Clennie to pick up.

If you can't find a space, your race finishes when you run out of gas circulating round waiting for a space to materialise. :frantic: