Murdo Mcleod

angry gaz

Just heard on BBC Scotland Chic Young saying how play off would make our end of season more exciting using the Perterhead/Thistle game as an example.The bold Murdo then says "we had play offs in this country before and nobody turned up".

Were you at Tannadice "that night" Murdo you total *****.

Just heard on BBC Scotland Chic Young saying how play off would make our end of season more exciting using the Perterhead/Thistle game as an example.The bold Murdo then says "we had play offs in this country before and nobody turned up".

how he's on the radio i'll never know, absolutely bereft of any meaningful points of discussion, almost laughable. awfull manager aswell, wonder if it's anything to do with branco's shot af his coupon in the world cup..

I thought he was deid.

Well he obviously was not at Peterhead.

What a great day that was. Though to be fair we took a bit of a doing until that magnificent sclaffed free kick to take us into extra time!

Play-offs are great...(...if you win) but a nice little moneyspinner too.

Heard a story not sure if its true, when Murdo was our manager, we was getting beat at Half time he came in and said to the players "i dont need to be hear i've got a taxo business up the road"

I always thought he was a useless radio commentator. He also used to be ridiculously biased any time he commentates on anything Celtic, though he may have toned that down recently, a tiny bit.

I was glad to hear he recovered from his near death but he's not welcome back on my radio waves. Mind you, he's not the only tw*t with a mic. It would be easier for me if he went to Radio Clyde's Superscoreboard, which is unlistenable anyway, especially during phone ins.

I hate McLeod with a passion even after all these years. Even half a manager would have kept a half-decent team up that year. That night at Tannadice...McLeod, the ref, the location...so gutted for some of the team too that night, everything against them and they almost did it. Or maybe Im suffering from false memories...

Despite the next Lambie revival we have never really recovered from that night have we?

I hate McLeod with a passion even after all these years. Even half a manager would have kept a half-decent team up that year. That night at Tannadice...McLeod, the ref, the location...so gutted for some of the team too that night, everything against them and they almost did it. Or maybe Im suffering from false memories...

Despite the next Lambie revival we have never really recovered from that night have we?

We haven't.

You could say, it had an even worse effect than the Ayr United relegation game in 98', looking back at how it nearly made the Club go out of business.

Total tit. The worst thing was he later tried to deny it, saying it was a tremendous occasion, denying he'd ever mentioned it. He's thick, can't communicate and interrupts. Ex-footballers on radio should be kept to an absolute minimum. He even made the cliche-monger Chick Young seem lucid.

Total despair, still having nightmares!! That idiot should never have been a manager, just like Derek Johnstone!! two duds, although i think DJ just shades it on the radio, and thats not saying much!!!

BBC Scotland has always been my radio station of choice for Scottish Football, but they really let themselves down with their "jobs for the boys" policy.

Murdo McLeod is a dribbling mess, Billy Dodds sounds like someone with severe learning difficulties (I'd be surprised if he could spell his own name), Chick Young is incapable of participating in a debate without stuttering and hyperventilating and Jim Traynor is just a tool.

Total tit. The worst thing was he later tried to deny it, saying it was a tremendous occasion, denying he'd ever mentioned it. He's thick, can't communicate and interrupts. Ex-footballers on radio should be kept to an absolute minimum. He even made the cliche-monger Chick Young seem lucid.

Liar - surely that's not posssible

BBC Scotland has always been my radio station of choice for Scottish Football, but they really let themselves down with their "jobs for the boys" policy.

Murdo McLeod is a dribbling mess, Billy Dodds sounds like someone with severe learning difficulties (I'd be surprised if he could spell his own name), Chick Young is incapable of participating in a debate without stuttering and hyperventilating and Jim Traynor is just a tool.

Can't argue much with above. I only ever listen to Radio Scotland and Radio Five live but sometimes wonder why I bother. I really get the impression most of the ex-footballers actually believe they talk sense all of the time while "journos" like Traynor know that they themselves talk for a large part, drivel. I don't know what's worse, guys that should know better but don't or guys that most probably do know better but don't give a toss. :angry:

I've far more time for Jim Spencey Spence who, despite boring the pants of us with tedious trivia, comes across as at least a tad objective and offers up more facts than idle speculation. He's also rather anti Dundee FC so maybe not that objective :). As for the ex footballers that consistently plague our airwaves I find Craigan rather good, Craig Paterson tolerable and one of the Pat Nevins (can't mind which one) not too annoying.

Btw for me by far the most annoying radio heads is the totally unbearable Alan Green :thumbdown:

It was me that texted in wondering why Murdo couldnt remember Tannadice considering he was our Manager at the time! I also pointed out both legs of the play off were well attended. He then accused me of not listening saying he favoured play offs!! It was him that wasn't listening!!! I was just amazed he didnt instantly recall our Play Off against Dundee Utd. Kenny Mcintyre mumbled something about "Thistle playing Aberdeen" and he said nothing - it was incredible!

It was me that texted in wondering why Murdo couldnt remember Tannadice considering he was our Manager at the time! I also pointed out both legs of the play off were well attended. He then accused me of not listening saying he favoured play offs!! It was him that wasn't listening!!! I was just amazed he didnt instantly recall our Play Off against Dundee Utd. Kenny Mcintyre mumbled something about "Thistle playing Aberdeen" and he said nothing - it was incredible!

That dosent surprise me, considering that he (mcleod) is a total twat

I couldn't believe that either. Chick Young said the play-offs were atteneded in "droves", then Murdo laughed saying: "What are droves exactly Chick?" You'd think when the debate was about the play-offs he would jump in, given there were only two years of them, and he was the manager for one of the teams, meaning he made up 25 per cent of those in charge of the entire concept! "He's no listening to what I'm saying." No, Murdo, everyone listening would have been completely perplexed by your inaction during that part of the debate, and subsequent contradiction later on. Wish Radio Scotland - which is otherwise excellent - would have the balls to get rid of him. They can't just keep involving him because Richard Gordon likes him. Same goes for Allan Preston, John Robertson and Billy Dodds.