Division One Transfers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The St. Johnstone website. Why don't you exercise your fingers by using Google if you don't believe me?

I looked at the Dundee one and saw nothing. Like I said, it's a very strange move as St J have only just signed him. Maybe McInnes has seen him in training and saw that he's not as good as he first thought.

He didn't impress me too much when he was here.

I looked at the Dundee one and saw nothing. Like I said, it's a very strange move as St J have only just signed him. Maybe McInnes has seen him in training and saw that he's not as good as he first thought.

He didn't impress me too much when he was here.

Apart from the deep rooted rivalry between the two clubs I don't see this much different from what we did with Cairney.

I imagine McInnes wants the guy to get as much 1st team football as possible as he's never really put a string of games together thru injuries. Not match fit to start with and played out of best position with us so difficult to assess him as a player. Might well have been with us this season had it not been for Jeffries leaving Killie :unsure: .

Apart from the deep rooted rivalry between the two clubs I don't see this much different from what we did with Cairney.

I imagine McInnes wants the guy to get as much 1st team football as possible as he's never really put a string of games together thru injuries. Not match fit to start with and played out of best position with us so difficult to assess him as a player. Might well have been with us this season had it not been for Jeffries leaving Killie :unsure: .

Cairney was a young player and bought with the intention of loaning him back to QP right from the start.

I see your point regarding Adams getting match fit by going out on loan though. Has there ever been a player who has spent so much time out on loan to different clubs?

With regard to his time here, he may have been less than 100% fit and played in a few positions but that doesn't explain his awful first touch. His only asset while with us was his physical presence.

St Johnstone have allowed McCaffrey to leave to join us on a season-long contract. He was originally only going to be joining on a short term deal.

If we continue to fail to score goals I can see Moore using his St Johnstone contacts for a loan of a striker.

Adams has joined Dundee until the end of the 'calander year' according to the St Johnstone site.

St Johnstone have allowed McCaffrey to leave to join us on a season-long contract. He was originally only going to be joining on a short term deal.

If we continue to fail to score goals I can see Moore using his St Johnstone contacts for a loan of a striker.

Adams has joined Dundee until the end of the 'calander year' according to the St Johnstone site.

What would you deem success for Morton this season ? Really haven't offered much since your return to the division but a lot off positive soundings coming out of Cappielow as to having a good season and may be even challenging for title, certainly Moore wants to be winning the league in next 3 seasons. This french guy Fred getting a lot of good press.

What would you deem success for Morton this season ? Really haven't offered much since your return to the division but a lot off positive soundings coming out of Cappielow as to having a good season and may be even challenging for title, certainly Moore wants to be winning the league in next 3 seasons. This french guy Fred getting a lot of good press.

Nothing other that finishing above aforementioned transfer diddies such as Cowdenbeath, Partick and Stirling Albion, would be seen as success.

A transfer that didn't go thru. Despite a £150K bid from Crawley Town for Willie Gibson the bid has failed as Gibson couldn't agree personal terms. :o

Can a club that can put up £150K not afford to offer better wages & conditions than a club £10m in debt?

Story here

Something just doesn't seem right about this on so many levels.

• 3 weeks later...