Division One Transfers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maros Klimpl has left Dundee after a termination of contract

Is he any relation to the Klimpl feted by Dundee fans as SPL calibre material and the man whose presence would lead the mighty Dees to the promised land. The words 'pig' and 'poke' spring to mind, and we should know about them. :lol:

Will be disappointed if there is no movement today as it's 1st July. Have the feeling however, that any signings made will be Halliwell :thumbsup2: and the signing of the old boys up again. Would be good to see a couple of fresh names coming in this week but can't see it to be honest. I await to be proved wrong

The SFL Website a couple of weeks ago and the Airdrie and Coatbridge Advertiser had linked both ourselves and Livingston as wanting to sign Albion Rovers Mick O' Byrne. Livingston have beaten us to tho this signing

In this great race to sign central defender Mick O'Byrne is it just possible that Livingston got there first when the full power of their acquisition machinery was suddenly shifted away from signing another first division defender? The other defender opting to become an assistant manager/player of his 1st division club.

Morton had a load of players on trial playing in a bounce game against Hibs.

Jamie McCluskey - midfielder - Ex Hibs, St Johnstone and Wrexham

Alan Lithgow - central defender - Ex Clyde

Grant Smith - midfielder - Ex Ross County

John Kane - defender - Ex Stranraer and Motherwell

Tony McParland - midfielder - Ex Queens and Livi

Jonathan Crawford - defender - Ex Aberdeen

Nicky Clark - midfielder - Ex Aberdeen

Jim Lauchlan seems to have signed for Sligo Rovers, I thought he was away to Livi?

Morton had a load of players on trial playing in a bounce game against Hibs.

Jamie McCluskey - midfielder - Ex Hibs, St Johnstone and Wrexham

Alan Lithgow - central defender - Ex Clyde

Grant Smith - midfielder - Ex Ross County

John Kane - defender - Ex Stranraer and Motherwell

Tony McParland - midfielder - Ex Queens and Livi

Jonathan Crawford - defender - Ex Aberdeen

Nicky Clark - midfielder - Ex Aberdeen

Jim Lauchlan seems to have signed for Sligo Rovers, I thought he was away to Livi?

Is that the same John Kane that we had on our books -think it was Campbell who signed him?

McParland was highly thought of last season as he not? Right side m/f?

Is that the same John Kane that we had on our books -think it was Campbell who signed him?

McParland was highly thought of last season as he not? Right side m/f?

Correct. Kane signed for us from Motherwell.

I'd love us to sign McParland based on his form with Livingston. However, I'd get him on trial first. Having said that, we'll be lucky to sign anyone with the BoD we have.

We should be signing this boy.

I sincerely hope you are joking. Convicted sex offenders we can do without. Particularly if they aren't even any good at football.

Now you're just showing your ignorance.

Alan Lithgow is a new "sub-standard" home kit = GRANT B's WORST NIGHTMARE!

*handles the ball on the line during an important match and he's a hero, though*

Laughable.

Ignoring his sex offender past, Lithgow couldn't stop Clyde being relegated to the 3rd. I know we are skint but we can do better than that.

Interesting can of worms re: Lithgow.

By most Clyde fans accounts he's more than good enough for this level, but would we take him, given that we could really do with a centre half under the age of 70? I think there'd be the same split over most groups of fans, regardless of club. Has he sevred his time, or is he tainted for good?

Probably won't happen anyway, can see Morton signing him now Shimmin has gone.

Lithgow couldn't stop Clyde being relegated to the 3rd.

Yip, because a team's form over an entire season is dependent on the performances of one individual.

Lithgow impressesed me while in the first division - in fact, I'd go as far as to say he was the standout performer the day we lost to that freak own goal - and he impressed second division audiences last season.

Honestly, you must be the most down guy on this planet.

Edited by The Incredible Adam Spark

Yip, because a team's form over an entire season is dependent on the performances of one individual.

Lithgow impressesed me while in the first division - in fact, I'd go as far as to say he was the standout performer the day we lost to that freak own goal - and he impressed second division audiences last season.

Honestly, you must be the most down guy on this planet.

Lithgow is rubbish. The only Clyde player who even resembled a footballer that day was Gregory Tade.

If you want to see 2nd Div football at Firhill the season after next, then yes we should sign Lithgow

If you want to see 2nd Div football at Firhill the season after next, then yes we should sign Lithgow

:lol:

Aye, okay. I suppose we better brace ourselves for second division football next season given the return of Kinniburgh, the man who captained Clyde to relegation last season.

Honestly, I doubt you'd be this opposed to his signing if it wasn't for his criminal past.

Lithgow and McParland are the types of player we could do with (half decent youngish defender and a right midfielder), both would do a job imo but are they better prospects than McGeough and MacBeth? They're more exprienced yes, but I'd rather see the two 'young starlets' given the chance.

A pacey left full-back and possibly another striker if there is better out there than we have already is what we need imo. No it isn't a coincidence that Sid and Maxi play in the positions I mention :innocent2:

Edited by Steven H

:lol:

Aye, okay. I suppose we better brace ourselves for second division football next season given the return of Kinniburgh, the man who captained Clyde to relegation last season.

Honestly, I doubt you'd be this opposed to his signing if it wasn't for his criminal past.

I would because he's crap. He was at Clyde all last season, Bombscare was only there from the end of Jan. They were as good as relegated by then.

I'm not convinced by Bombscare coming back either. Hence the reason I want to see some decent quality being brought in.

Our starting XI right now is terrible.