Beer Garden

Gary Peebles Tackle

I had a mate who tried for weeks before the last world cup to find an outdoor pub to watch it at, I don't think he ever found it.

Well, search no more! The wheels are in motion (guys coming tomorrow to do cabling - gonna be proper HD, so no dodgy picture here!). It will only be out in good weather though as I think a permanent outdoor telly looks awful!

I'm trying to find some promo drinks from Algeria & Slovenia at the moment...

Good work Peebles Tackle, I'm sure you've thought of this but factor in the sun on the screen when you're setting up, the Hogshead/Primary/Old School on Woodlands Road have an outside telly and its virtually impossible to watch it cause of the glare of the sun.

Good work Peebles Tackle, I'm sure you've thought of this but factor in the sun on the screen when you're setting up, the Hogshead/Primary/Old School on Woodlands Road have an outside telly and its virtually impossible to watch it cause of the glare of the sun.

I assume the beer garden is on the Kent Road side? The sun would be on the other side of the building in the afternoons wouldn't it, and in the evenings probably not bright enough to be an issue. I wasn't aware the Hogshead had a screen outside, but it must be pretty poor planning on their behalf if they didn't take that into account.

I assume the beer garden is on the Kent Road side? The sun would be on the other side of the building in the afternoons wouldn't it, and in the evenings probably not bright enough to be an issue. I wasn't aware the Hogshead had a screen outside, but it must be pretty poor planning on their behalf if they didn't take that into account.

I think this is the 3rd summer its been there, its between the two sets of doors facing out into the beer garden.

I think this is the 3rd summer its been there, its between the two sets of doors facing out into the beer garden.

Sorry uberteeb, when I was asking where the beer garden/screen was, I meant to be asking GPT about brass monkey.

Regarding Hogshead, though, I guess there wasn't anywhere else to put the screen actually, but maybe they can try and get a screen to block the sun...

Sorry uberteeb, when I was asking where the beer garden/screen was, I meant to be asking GPT about brass monkey.

Regarding Hogshead, though, I guess there wasn't anywhere else to put the screen actually, but maybe they can try and get a screen to block the sun...

Yep - it will be on Kent Road side. The sun gets it from about 2pm right through - which is a total result!!! The screen is gonna be on a trolley so it can change angle etc. Also I've convinced the wife that we should spend a wee bit extra on a good tv, so it's going to be LED which I believe will work very well with glare - and after the summer it will look very nice in my living room...

Don't know about anyone else, but I really can't wait for the World Cup!!!

GPT, since all the major wine producing countries are represented in SA, will there be a clever wine theme at the monkey for the duration of the tournament to reflect this?

Maybe! Dare say I'll cobble something together. Will also be bringing in some extra bottled beers and maybe even make a few cocktails up! Will let u all know when it's all decided. By the way, new cocktail list this weekend - over 30 and they are all very tasty indeed!