Next Season Predictions..

harryragbags

I'd happily settle for another top half finish. The young players will be given their chance and it's important for us not to get on their backs when it's not going for us, either during a game or a bad run of form.

I really hope we have a good Cup run as well. Winning the Challenge Cup would act as a great catalyst for our support in my opinion.

Hard to make a prediction when lads not back for pre season training nor have we finalised our squad yet.

I'll come back to this and make a prediction before challenge cup game against Stenny.

I am happy how things are moving at this time but want to see 3 or 4 new faces before the season gets under way.

I'd happily settle for another top half finish. The young players will be given their chance and it's important for us not to get on their backs when it's not going for us, either during a game or a bad run of form.

I really hope we have a good Cup run as well. Winning the Challenge Cup would act as a great catalyst for our support in my opinion.

With you there all the way up to to the Challenge Cup bit. I'd be chuffed to win it if we played the youngsters with Scully in goals, that sort of thing. Otherwise I can't get any enthusiasm for what I regard an inane competition.

With you there all the way up to to the Challenge Cup bit. I'd be chuffed to win it if we played the youngsters with Scully in goals, that sort of thing. Otherwise I can't get any enthusiasm for what I regard an inane competition.

I was meaning more along of the final itself. Not a very prestigious competition and a lot of fans don't have time for it but winning it, in my opinion could have a positive effect of galvanising the support.

I was meaning more along of the final itself. Not a very prestigious competition and a lot of fans don't have time for it but winning it, in my opinion could have a positive effect of galvanising the support.

You may well have a point. The feel good factor from winning the trophy would be considerable but imo only if it was done by a Jags team that was made up largely of players with their careers ahead of them.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

With quite a few young players i would think our form will be a bit up and down over the course of the season. Would be happy with a top 4 finish and a decent run in the league cup / scottish cup. Challenge cup is a pointless competition imo and just drains clubs already fragile finances--- but in saying that i'd be happy to see the Jags win it.

I am happy how things are moving at this time but want to see 3 or 4 new faces before the season gets under way.

Surely you have read over and over again...the club is skint. Some on here have asked for one reasonable signing just to get the fans excited, just to get our hopes up and maybe encourage a few more ST sales and you jump down their throats, then you come out with " I want to see 3 or 4 more signings!!! Ah well!!!

Anyway for what its worth I reckon we will finish 7th or 8th this season. Think its gonna be a long hard season.

Surely you have read over and over again...the club is skint. Some on here have asked for one reasonable signing just to get the fans excited, just to get our hopes up and maybe encourage a few more ST sales and you jump down their throats, then you come out with " I want to see 3 or 4 more signings!!! Ah well!!!

Anyway for what its worth I reckon we will finish 7th or 8th this season. Think its gonna be a long hard season.

Yip read and fully understand club is skint.

Also read we are taking 3 or 4 players down for pre season training and trials. Players who are all free agents. Also linked with a player on Montrose books.

It could be that we may be able to offer 3 or 4 of these guys deals. Doubt any of us know what the wage structure is going to be and what terms any possible signing will get. I'd hazard a guess that we are in a position to may be offer some a deal or why are they going on pre season training ?

Is the reply ok, or you feel I rammed it down your throat ?

It's difficult to make predictions this early, but with both an untried manager and untried players, I feel confident in predicting that we have no chance of winning the league over teams like Dundee and Hamilton. I would be very happy with a top-half finish (and at no point thinking we might get relegated) and some decent indicators that the manager and our younger players are improving.

It's difficult to make predictions this early, but with both an untried manager and untried players, I feel confident in predicting that we have no chance of winning the league over teams like Dundee and Hamilton. I would be very happy with a top-half finish (and at no point thinking we might get relegated) and some decent indicators that the manager and our younger players are improving.

I would guess at top half finish and three cup finals will be about what we do. Not too bad :rolleyes:

For goodness sake take some happy pills :P

Yip read and fully understand club is skint.

Also read we are taking 3 or 4 players down for pre season training and trials. Players who are all free agents. Also linked with a player on Montrose books.

It could be that we may be able to offer 3 or 4 of these guys deals. Doubt any of us know what the wage structure is going to be and what terms any possible signing will get. I'd hazard a guess that we are in a position to may be offer some a deal or why are they going on pre season training ?

Is the reply ok, or you feel I rammed it down your throat ?

Nah, nice pleasant reply Lenny...and the answer was just what I expected!!

I'd settle for another afternoon in The Brass Monkey with the Jags on TV. Sh*t result, great atmosphere....

League Cup Winners Season 2011/12 will do me.

Lot of parallels between our 71 squad and current one.

Bollox to all of that

The season hasn't started, therefore we will win the first division

Be a nice bonus, that would.

Edited by yoda-jag

League Cup Winners Season 2011/12 will do me.

Lot of parallels between our 71 squad and current one.

You might be on to something there. A young manager who's just hung up his boots, a squad of (mostly) youngsters, including a great young keeper, a player who can mesmerize everybody including his own team, a young striker starting to show how good he can be, a couple of young, gritty midfielders.....

If it all came together again.........

Edited by Jaggernaut

You might be on to something there. A young manager who's just hung up his boots, a squad of (mostly) youngsters, including a great young keeper, a player who can mesmerize everybody including his own team, a young striker starting to show how good he can be, a couple of young, gritty midfielders.....

If it all came together again.........

Even more parallels with D & G, so a relegation dogfight right from the start with Morton and Ayr.