Boardroom Changes

Woodstock Jag

Further to David Beattie signing off correspondence with the title Chairman (when he's previously been referred to as Acting Chairman) I was pointed in the direction of Companies House details for the Club that have recently been updated to show the appointment of two new directors to the Club Board. It appears to have happened at the end of last month (27th June) but I don't recall seeing anything public said about it that we'd expect to be aware of.

Ian Dodd seems to be the same Ian Dodd who was appointed as a director in May last year to Firhill Developments Ltd (PropCo). The other guy is called Greig Brown.

It seems odd that we've not been told anything about these appointments. I certainly remember there being a public article on the Official Site when Eddie Prentice was added to the board, and there was a press conference when Beattie arrived, and an article when Allan joined. Yet there was no public mention beyond the absolute basic Companies House disclosure when Gerber Landa & Gee's position as Secretary was terminated, or indeed any information about their successor. Who are these two men and what's the pretext behind them joining the Club Board: what are they bringing to the table? Is it healthy to have yet another PropCo board member in a potential conflict of interest? Are we going to hear something about these men having shareholdings, or are they going to be shareless directors beholden to those who already possess influence on the board.

So many questions. Anyone got some answers?

Further to David Beattie signing off correspondence with the title Chairman (when he's previously been referred to as Acting Chairman) I was pointed in the direction of Companies House details for the Club that have recently been updated to show the appointment of two new directors to the Club Board. It appears to have happened at the end of last month (27th June) but I don't recall seeing anything public said about it that we'd expect to be aware of.

Ian Dodd seems to be the same Ian Dodd who was appointed as a director in May last year to Firhill Developments Ltd (PropCo). The other guy is called Greig Brown.

It seems odd that we've not been told anything about these appointments. I certainly remember there being a public article on the Official Site when Eddie Prentice was added to the board, and there was a press conference when Beattie arrived, and an article when Allan joined. Yet there was no public mention beyond the absolute basic Companies House disclosure when Gerber Landa & Gee's position as Secretary was terminated, or indeed any information about their successor. Who are these two men and what's the pretext behind them joining the Club Board: what are they bringing to the table? Is it healthy to have yet another PropCo board member in a potential conflict of interest? Are we going to hear something about these men having shareholdings, or are they going to be shareless directors beholden to those who already possess influence on the board.

So many questions. Anyone got some answers?

No answers I'm afraid, but the bit in bold hits the nail on the head. It worries me when appointments like this are made without any real notice, never mind fanfare. I'm not aware of shareholders being informed about these appointments. The cross pollination between the two companies seems almost beyond belief. And of course, there is the question on everyone's lips - are they 'Thistle minded'???

Is the AGM not coming up shortly? Not that I don't think that any boardroom change shouldn't be heralded but I would think an imminent AGM would give them the latitude for an excuse.

The cub AGM was earlier on this year, so probably about another 7 or so months until the next one. The Trust AGM however is due at the start of September.

The cub AGM was earlier on this year, so probably about another 7 or so months until the next one. The Trust AGM however is due at the start of September.

What was the AGM then advertised in a recent (Thursday or Friday) Evening Times?

edited to add to be held in the Aitken Suite.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett