Lennoxtown & Mccann

Gordie

why we signing mccann we've got erskine thats a waste of money. think it may be a player coach deal?

edited to add, he'll just be another sid lovely touches etc slowing everything down.

I would not waste a penny on McCann. We have more pressing priorities, e.g. another right-back to compete with Paton.

I would not waste a penny on McCann. We have more pressing priorities, e.g. another right-back to compete with Paton.

Young Campbell has covered and in the main done well. Kinniburgh can also cover, though not as effective going forward as Paton or Campbell.

Jackie did state during pre season he felt we lacked a winger in the squad. He may see McCann as a possible signing for that role. He'd have a lot to offer the lesser experienced midfielders and forwards at the club by way of coaching.

Clearly Boyle never worked out so Jackie may be looking elsewhere.

Im not convinced McCann is the answer but if he is signed I'll give him every opportunity to prove himself.

Jackie has done a good job with his signings to date, so I'm confident he won't just sign McCann purely as he is a pal.

Maybe it's to show erskine what to do.

Erskine is a raw talent. Sure it doesn't always come of for him and when he has an off day it can be pretty bad.............but when he's on form, there is no better player in the league.

He has to find more consistancy , we all agree with that, but there is no denying the lad has talent.

we need a balanced squad of players if we're to compete at all this season. At the minute, it looks like we've got an experienced first eleven (no, make that ten) backed up with youth players! Now some of these youth players may be very good, but they're still youths. We desperately need experience. Neil McCann can bring that to the squad. I hope he signs.

Even if Mccann`s getting nothing it`s probably too much as his signing gives our manager an excuse not to further strengthen the squad but as for those who think we need a centre half and full back as priority.......have you seen our forwardline?

We have THREE(3) forwards at the club and that`s giving Erskine the benifit of the doubt. The rest are untried youngsters and unfortunately, Donnelly.

Even if Mccann`s getting nothing it`s probably too much as his signing gives our manager an excuse not to further strengthen the squad but as for those who think we need a centre half and full back as priority.......have you seen our forwardline?

We have THREE(3) forwards at the club and that`s giving Erskine the benifit of the doubt. The rest are untried youngsters and unfortunately, Donnelly.

Those forwards include last years leading scorer in the league and possibly the best prospect we have had for a long time. Assuming Doolan and Stewart are the regular front 2 then we have plenty of cover up front. Now look at the defence. We don't even have untried youngsters as cover. For me, a central defender who can play right back is the priority and has been for some time.

I agree we need cover in defence - I was hoping that we'd sign up the lad Gallagher - but judging from Saturday's performance, our midfield still needs some work as well. Bannigan, Campbell and Macbeth shouldn't be relied on to slot in and contribute to a successful side. (And Paul Cairney hasn't come close to showing the form he had two seasons ago.) So I still say Neil McCann would be a good signing. Or anyone with experience, actually. In any position!

Why would it, if he is playing for nothing? Or is this what you want to believe?

I agree we need cover in defence - I was hoping that we'd sign up the lad Gallagher - but judging from Saturday's performance, our midfield still needs some work as well. Bannigan, Campbell and Macbeth shouldn't be relied on to slot in and contribute to a successful side. (And Paul Cairney hasn't come close to showing the form he had two seasons ago.) So I still say Neil McCann would be a good signing. Or anyone with experience, actually. In any position!

jackie said that his priority is a defender due to Conrad only being for 6 months (at the moment) McCann is training and possibly playing for free due to being mates wih jackie and dumdee (i think) were after him. this will not affect him trying to get other players in.

jackie dosnt see erskin as a winger more as part of a front three and understand the frustartion fans have with him and martin Grehan.

disclamer: i had a few beers so if i had a major memory slip let me know folks

Why would it, if he is playing for nothing? Or is this what you want to believe?

Because it will allow him to claim that there are plenty forwards in the squad. No claims regarding quality, it`s all numbers.

And if it what I believe is so important to you, let`s expand a bit. If we continue to rely on three three forwards, youth players and Donnelly then the very best we can hope for is mid table mediocrity, a scarcity of goals and a continuing decline in attendances.

What is it you want to believe? Doolan and the other two will manage an entire season without injury and we should`nt really compete with big clubs like Ross County for recognised First Division players.

I usually avoid these type of things but this one couldn’t pass with out comment as it is leaving me completely puzzled.

What possible reason would the manager, any manager, have for not wanting to strengthen his squad?

I'm not having a dig here. I didn't understand the logic in your post, which I highlighted.

Because it will allow him to claim that there are plenty forwards in the squad. No claims regarding quality, it`s all numbers.

He might not play him up front, he may play him in midfield. He might only play if McNamara plays 4 in midfield. He may only play 5 games. Who knows? Nobody, just now.

And if it what I believe is so important to you, let`s expand a bit. If we continue to rely on three three forwards, youth players and Donnelly then the very best we can hope for is mid table mediocrity, a scarcity of goals and a continuing decline in attendances.

Thanks for that, it wasn't as if I understood first time round.

What is it you want to believe? Doolan and the other two will manage an entire season without injury and we should`nt really compete with big clubs like Ross County for recognised First Division players.

I'll assume, not believe that if McCann joined for free and the BoD allowed McNamara to go out and get another player then our manager would do so.