Catering At Firhill

clarencegarter

Was there an improvement this week after the club asking for feedback after the Dundee game?

No - no hotdogs again at half time.

Service seemed to be speedier, but if they are just shortening the time before they tell you that they dont have what you want then whats the point?

They did seem to have reduced the menu, increased the amount of tills and people allowed to operate them, but like I say, if they dont actually have the food, why bother?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking for me, I can't stomach traditional pies, never could, but love the likes of chicken balti pies to go with my bovril or tea. Tasty food at the fitba? Imagine. I hope the variety continues, or at least there are one or two alternatives to the traditional.

I had the chicken curry pie yesterday. Have to say it was piping hot, very spicy and enjoyable.

The fact the club have taken away the barriers to allow more queues to form is a good start I reckon. Sadly there was no-one really letting folk know about this so one big queue just formed again.

It's also a really sad indictment of Scottish football that we can't be trusted with a plastic bottle of water and that it has to be poured into a cup for you, wasting even more of the catering staffs time.

Took my wee girl (5 yrs old) to her first game on Saturday. She wanted a hot dog so at 140 I waited in a 10 minute queue to get served. Once at front of the queue I was informed that there were no hot dogs. I asked why?

Got told that there were none. I asked wh they were on the menu then and was told by the guy behind the counter there just wasn't any and shrugged his shoulders.

No alternatives - just pies pies pies

She didn't want a pie so therefore ended up with nothing

And the club wonder why people are drifting away

The catering is a joke at FIrhill

Took my wee girl (5 yrs old) to her first game on Saturday. She wanted a hot dog so at 140 I waited in a 10 minute queue to get served. Once at front of the queue I was informed that there were no hot dogs. I asked why?

Got told that there were none. I asked wh they were on the menu then and was told by the guy behind the counter there just wasn't any and shrugged his shoulders.

No alternatives - just pies pies pies

She didn't want a pie so therefore ended up with nothing

And the club wonder why people are drifting away

The catering is a joke at FIrhill

Must admit it seems daft not to have the hot dogs on sale. They have always seemed popular with the kids.

Felt there was a bit more effort made last saturday but still far more effort required to get things to a standard that is acceptable.

With my badly fading memory I stand to vanquished here but, in my early days of following the Jags the wee pie stall (and that's all it was) at the back of the shed never seemed to run out of pies or bovril until at least close to the start of the second half, if at all.

Ah, the caterers of today...sigh

I used to remember leaving firhill via the stairs beside the main stand, and they used to give any unsold pies awa for free...maybe sometime in the early 90s?

There was a midweek game in either the early stages of the League or Challenge Cup a couple of seasons back, pretty sure it was against Livi, towards the end of the match a steward, possibly Brian, entered the stand clutching boxes of unsold pehs and dished them out for nowt.

Probably my facourite Thistle moment in the past 3 seasons.

There was a midweek game in either the early stages of the League or Challenge Cup a couple of seasons back, pretty sure it was against Livi, towards the end of the match a steward, possibly Brian, entered the stand clutching boxes of unsold pehs and dished them out for nowt.

Probably my facourite Thistle moment in the past 3 seasons.

Ah I remember that game..pretty sure i was pis hed :D

Yesterday was a farce again. Whoever is doing the catering needs a shake.

I wasn't in the best of moods after the poor first half, but to be ushered into four queues, only for one of the people to bugger off and leave three people trying to deal with the four queues, no steak pies, no hotdogs, no coke or fanta. WTF.

Because of where I sit I use the stall directly opposite the wee club shop - are they all as bad as this?

Had the same order for the last 2 weeks before the game as I have had to go early as my son has a cast on. Bit of a surreal experience being in the ground before 2.30 however both weeks have went to the kiosk and got a large coke, bovri and a mars bar cost £4.20 now I do think that is a bit o a rip off just for 2 drinks and a chocolate bar. For £4.20 you can get a meal at McDonalds or most other fast food outlets. Heaven help anybody that goes to Firhill with a couple of weans thats a serious dear day oot.

Catering at Firhill is truly shocking. It has been for a long time now. Many lower league teams are miles better. During the dark days of Dick Campbell, a mixture of being skint and laziness, meant that I just went to see the local junior team and to be honest even at Junior level the catering is better. Ok to be fair the stall at Rutherglen Glencairn only serves a hundred max. per game. Even the price, it was 90p for a pie and 80p for a can of coke. I'm not looking for something cheap, just something that reflects the value.

At least the club are looking to improve. Although I would love to see the return of the Pie of the Month

Hot dogs were back on yesterday. It does seem if you go before the game it is better than at half time. That is unacceptable and has to improve.

Beattie and Maxi are not happy at the standard to date and are seeking improvements. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

glad they are listening to the issues regards this subject.

And why remove The crash barriers, Now It's Just a free for.all

They removed them to allow four queues to form to try to speed things up. A sign to let folk know about this wouldn't do any harm but it seems to me that having to ring things through the till appears to be more of a problem than the servers. A better idea may be to have one person in control of the till and the servers serving? :thinking:

Everything about the catering is shabby.

• 4 months later...

Catering again was a joke at yesterday's game.

Joining the queues at half time to be told that they were all out of pies (all pies at all stalls). How can that be possible?

The hot dogs ran out just before I got to be served....which was just about a couple of minutes before the end of the half-time break.....and there were loads of folk still waiting.

Please Thistle, sort this out!