Catering At Firhill

clarencegarter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The caterers seem to have fitted right in at Firhill, just as shambolic as everything else that goes on at the club.

Went to the pie stall at 3.25pm to be told that they had ran out of steak pies. They seemed to be trying to organise 3 different queues at the one stall, how ridiculous is that?

The hospitallity on boxing day wasnt that great either food or service wise, bringing 1 plate out at a time took an age to get fed and felt like they had been kept warm for a while, maybe it was cause it was boxing day and half empty but at £60 a head you expect the table to be served at the same time, would it hurt to buy a trolley or train the staff to carry 3 platess like they do in most other restaurants

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to someone at halftime today so was not out in the concourse - how was the catering today?

Food availabilty wise - it seemed fine. They seemed to be training people at the stall I went to which slowed things a bit but fair enough, you've got to train them at some point.

How set in stone are the changes though? Is there any H&S reasoning behind getting rid of the crash barrier/one queue system? The whole multi-queue thing is a pain in the arse. Sometimes there are three people serving, sometimes four. Sometimes four queues form for the four servers, then one of them has to go round the other stalls to get things they've run out of or to replenish the juice that is on tap, meaning one queue is standing going nowhere.

It would be painful, but i'd be happy to go with this until the end of the season as long as they did some sort of fan feedback survey to try and improve things for next season.

The stall I was at, the one closest to the shed, was incredibly quick and much better than last time when it was three younger people. Three guys were working there and dealt with things quickly, knew how much the things were and had a bit of 'banter' as well.

Yeah I agree with this. Complete contrast to the QOS game. The guys were obviously on a mission to get things done as fast as possible.