My Feelings Atm.

phoenix1876

ive not been able to get to the games so my feelings atm arent really that valid i guess,

but i was at the celtic game and i was really impressed with what i saw

but also reading the live match chat aswell

i get the feeling the few games we lost

we were all over the opposition but just failed to score

and just yesterday with fox messing up in the box

am i right in saying that

ive not been able to get to the games so my feelings atm arent really that valid i guess,

but i was at the celtic game and i was really impressed with what i saw

but also reading the live match chat aswell

i get the feeling the few games we lost

we were all over the opposition but just failed to score

and just yesterday with fox messing up in the box

am i right in saying that

dundee game, we never really looked like scoring but neither did they. Never deserved to lose. I was not at Falkirk but was there yesterday.

at no point were we all over Hamilton but then they were never all over us. We started well for first ten mins, but then they took control of game. During that spell they had two great chances. One led to a booking for Hamilton player for a dive, the other the lad missed a great chance after Imrie cut us open. They also could/should have scored right on the half time whistle.

Second half we changed formation, looked more settled, played some nice football. I thought we lacked a cutting edge but that changed when Elliott came on. He is very direct, very quick and scared the hell out of Hamilton back line and gave supporters a lift with every time he got the ball. Goal was a beauty. We never looked like conceding, but then fox made an uncharacteristic mistake. we then had two chances to win it, both fell to Elliott but he missed both. One was a free kick in very dangerous position but he ballooned it over. The main one of those two chances was a scuffed shot in the box, that he really had to do better with.

Overall I left yesterday thinking team looks ok. Needs some improvement but i'm confident improvement will come and our first win is not far away.....hope its this Saturday.

If you're looking for anything positive I'd say we've been not carrying much luck in the three league games. Suspect penalty, missed penalty and goalie error means we could've collected four more points. That's not to say we would have deserved to be sitting on 5 points just now.

The other side of the coin is we've only scored one goal in two games at home and in our last two games have ridden our luck (very early in the game at Falkirk and in the first half yesterday). Regardless of the perceived quality, or lack of quality if you wish, of our forwards the midfield have been creating too few scoring chances.

Big game on Saturday methinks. No less than a convincing win against Queens will do. If that happens then I feel we can start thinking a bit more positively as from what I've witnessed so far we're that much behind the more fancied sides.

I will certainly feel more optimistic if we can get McManus in as for the first time in years it will give us plenty of options up front. Was impressed with Elliot when he came on and if we can get McManus in, no one can rest on their laurels. Dont think there is gonna be an outstanding team in this league and its gonna be very tight but with a choice of Dools, Stewart, Elliot and McManus up front, I think everyone would be a helluva lot more optimistic about the season ahead!

Edited by Lindau

Hopefully it'll be one of those seasons where a new management and new signings take a while to find their feet, do some tinkering, gradually gain confidence.... and then by Christmas be a well-organised-roller-coaster smashing to pieces all the second rate teams afore them... one can only dream!

Hopefully it'll be one of those seasons where a new management and new signings take a while to find their feet, do some tinkering, gradually gain confidence.... and then by Christmas be a well-organised-roller-coaster smashing to pieces all the second rate teams afore them... one can only dream!

After the first quarter of last season the ICT fans were screaming for Butcher's blood, claiming that he would get them relegated etc. And then look what happened.

We can win this league.

I will certainly feel more optimistic if we can get McManus in as for the first time in years it will give us plenty of options up front. Was impressed with Elliot when he came on and if we can get McManus in, no one can rest on their laurels. Dont think there is gonna be an outstanding team in this league and its gonna be very tight but with a choice of Dools, Stewart, Elliot and McManus up front, I think everyone would be a helluva lot more optimistic about the season ahead!

Was McManus the signing that Jackie wanted done by Saturday? Last week, it was reported that the deal would completed within a few days. Since then, there has been no news. My guess is that McManus has turned us down.

Was McManus the signing that Jackie wanted done by Saturday? Last week, it was reported that the deal would completed within a few days. Since then, there has been no news. My guess is that McManus has turned us down.

courtesy Harry Wraggs (Sun)

Tams also been training with us but we need wait and see about that one. It all comes down to budgets or lack of really. Hopefully I can get the both in though. I’m just glad of getting Christie in; it’s given the squad a lift

My feelings are we are going to struggle to score enough goals to win enough games to avoid relegation.

Much will depend on Stewart, Erskine and Elliot supporting Doolan effectively. We also need some creativity and pace in midfield. I would a pick a midfield quartet of Elliot, Cairney, Rowson and Erskine in midfield with Stewart supporting Doolan. Alternatively play Campbell on the right and move Elliot up to play alongside Doolan.

Much will depend on Stewart, Erskine and Elliot supporting Doolan effectively. We also need some creativity and pace in midfield. I would a pick a midfield quartet of Elliot, Cairney, Rowson and Erskine in midfield with Stewart supporting Doolan. Alternatively play Campbell on the right and move Elliot up to play alongside Doolan.

If we are to rely on the effort of Tommy Stewart we may as well prepare for life in the second division now.

Kni, with the greatest of respect, would I be right in saying you don't get to games ?

If the case, what do you base your views on as to who should play and where ? Please tell me you don't base it on the views of others on the forum ?

If you do get to games, then kindly ignore this question.

No way will we be relegated this season. Absolutly no chance.

9th place would be good for us right now and after a season of getting gubbed would you fancy our chances against a 2nd division play off team who have won most of their games?

Then again we always beat wee teams like Berwick.

(A win on Saturday and I'll be touting us for promotion again).