Scotland Game

Willjag

I'd love to know the full story with Fletcher.

To the best of my knowledge, he asked not to be selected for the Northern Ireland game only due to him falling out with Levein over the 4-6-0 game in Prague. We've heard Levein talking about it but no one has ever printed Fletcher's side.

Fletcher does`nt have a side. He knocked back his country and his reasons are irrelevant simply because there are no reasons. It should be regarded as the huge honour it is. End of discussion from me. You either know this stuff or you don`t.

Does McGregor deserve to play for Scotland?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, whilst on a Sunday Hangover Wander due to all the BEVVY consumed the previous night, Jim Delahunt enjoys taking in some Sunday League FITBAW. When Jim Delahunt notices a team getting PUMPED, he takes it upon himself to instate himself as the team's manager to instil some INSPIRATION and IRON into the team. At half time, a STIRRING SPEECH is issued and occasionally Jim Delahunt unveils his rippling, TONED, dogged, and absolutely correct torso so the team can truly appreciate the results of my Trendy West End diet and general hunk-like qualities. Without fail, the team are DEEPLY inspired, turn things around and, with the memory of yours truly's jaw-dropping torso fresh in mind, MARCH to victory!

It may reassure you to ken that Jim Delahunt will carry out a similiar act if Craig Levein and his specks balls things up and deliver qualification FAILURE!

I decided a few days ago to stop posting but it's hard not to when I see so many negative opinions and attitudes, showng much of the arrogance and other traits that Levein gets accused of. Some of you should look in a mirror, and stop bleating, but you won't of course. There are plenty of opinions that I agree with, but some should calm down. Do you want Berti back or what?

I thought Levein was the best appointment, admit I've been a bit disappointed so far, but he clearly needs a lot more time. He will never be good enough for some though. I'm not sure what you want.

Edited by beep0608

I decided a few days ago to stop posting but it's hard not to when I see so many negative opinions and attitudes, showng much of the arrogance and other traits that Levein gets accused of. Some of you should look in a mirror, and stop bleating, but you won't of course. There are plenty of opinions that I agree with, but some should calm down. Do you want Berti back or what?

I thought Levein was the best appointment, admit I've been a bit disappointed so far, but he clearly needs a lot more time. He will never be good enough for some though. I'm not sure what you want.

Jim Delahunt would be a considerable improvement on the status quo.

What, indeed. Well then, for a start you've omitted a very large tract of Avril's failure and mediocrity in club football management.

What his club record got to do with his Scotland record?

Unless of course, as suspected, people are judging the job he's doing now based on his club history, which is wrong.

For clarification on my part by the way, I am yet to be totally convinced that Levein is the man for the job. I am, however, prepared to give him the time to prove himself. Others should be doing the same instead of jumping on the all-too-easy "get him oot" bandwagon. And until someone comes up with a suitable, attainable replacement and someone who will actually WANT the job, then i'll sit on Leveins side of the fence.

McGregor never ever stated he did not want to play for Scotland he was punished for having a bevvy and sticking two fingers up to the media, Stupid maybe but he admitted his mistake - took his punishment and when he was recalled was more than happy to play

Why would the SFA ban him for sticking the fingers up at the media?! It was clear who he was sticking them up at.

Simply put if Scotland had another decent goalkeeper then he wouldn't be picked.

What his club record got to do with his Scotland record?

Er, I posted in response to your ridiculous comparison of Avril's Scotland record with Jackie Macs results at Thistle.

However, since you ask, few FA's appoint a manager on the basis that he's popular with a toadying media, whilst completely ignoring that his lack of achievement and failure at club level might present some clues to his abilities as a football manager.

Er, I posted in response to your ridiculous comparison of Avril's Scotland record with Jackie Macs results at Thistle.

However, since you ask, few FA's appoint a manager on the basis that he's popular with a toadying media, whilst completely ignoring that his lack of achievement and failure at club level might present some clues to his abilities as a football manager.

Why's it a ridiculous comparison? Both managers are relatively new to their respective jobs, share roughly the same amount of games played and have roughly the same games to wins ratio (in fact Leveins is slightly better).

The point in the comparison is to show the fickleness of football fans and that sometimes it is more of a popularity contest than a results-based business (which football is, like it or not). There is people on here shouting for Leveins head, but not Jackies.

Why? Hasn't he made mistakes? Has he learned from them all? Can u honestly tell me he has? But does that mean he should be hunted? Of course not. So why should Levein?

That's one of the most cringeworthy pieces of journalism I have ever read. Even by the Record's standards, it's embarrassing. It doesn't address the main issue at hand (or the real 'elephant in the room', as the article says), which is not who is or isn't calling who just now, but why Fletcher chose not to turn up for Scotland. I'm not a supporter of Levein in general, but he is right on this one. Why is there one standard for Kris Boyd but another for Fletcher?

That's one of the most cringeworthy pieces of journalism I have ever read. Even by the Record's standards, it's embarrassing. It doesn't address the main issue at hand (or the real 'elephant in the room', as the article says), which is not who is or isn't calling who just now, but why Fletcher chose not to turn up for Scotland. I'm not a supporter of Levein in general, but he is right on this one. Why is there one standard for Kris Boyd but another for Fletcher?

Agre it's not exactly cutting edge journalism. However, it raises some interesting points namely the one where Fletcher says he never made himself unavailable for Scotland. That flies in the face of anything Levein said on the matter.

The difference for me between Fletcher and Boyd is Boyd openly said he didn't want to play for his country, Fletcher (as far as I'm aware) only made himself unavailable for one friendly with Northern Ireland (and again, we only have Levein's side on that one) Why is it Fletcher feels like he'd be made out to be in his words 'an absolute knob'?

Agre it's not exactly cutting edge journalism. However, it raises some interesting points namely the one where Fletcher says he never made himself unavailable for Scotland. That flies in the face of anything Levein said on the matter.

The difference for me between Fletcher and Boyd is Boyd openly said he didn't want to play for his country, Fletcher (as far as I'm aware) only made himself unavailable for one friendly with Northern Ireland (and again, we only have Levein's side on that one) Why is it Fletcher feels like he'd be made out to be in his words 'an absolute knob'?

Boyd said he didn't want to be considered for selection under Burley.

Fletcher made himself unavailable.

Both refused the honour of a call up.

I notice Charlie Mulgrew is missing as well, the guy can cover at left back and center half and has played quite well in recent weeks. Same could be said for Mark Wilson as well, but Grant Hanley seems to walk into every squad!

Another good point. While we have a few guys who can play right back, Mulgrew's ommision is baffling expecially since he's brought back McManus who can't get a game for Middlesboro. Mulgrew also gives us an option at set pieces as his delivery is excellent.

Yet another example of Levein managing Scotland for the benefit of Levein instead of for the benefit of the country. I'm certain he's only picked Swanson because he saw him play for Berwick and signed him for Utd.

Another good point. While we have a few guys who can play right back, Mulgrew's ommision is baffling expecially since he's brought back McManus who can't get a game for Middlesboro. Mulgrew also gives us an option at set pieces as his delivery is excellent.

Yet another example of Levein managing Scotland for the benefit of Levein instead of for the benefit of the country. I'm certain he's only picked Swanson because he saw him play for Berwick and signed him for Utd.

The same as when he was dishing out caps to Scott Robertson, Paul Dixon and Garry Kenneth.

Scotland squad

I see it's the usual suspects plus Danny Swanson of Utd. Spain must be quaking in their boots. Never mind Fletcher (scored at Anfield I note), I wonder what Ross McCormack has to do to get a game? Brighton v Leeds

Indeed. Ross McCormack has been on fire so far this season, whilst David Goodwillie, who has so far amassed the grand total of one goal (scored against third tier Sheffield Wednesday), has retained his place in the squad. Garry O'Connor has also been doing very well but I can understand his omission (due to him being a heidcase).

The same as when he was dishing out caps to Scott Robertson, Paul Dixon and Garry Kenneth.

Has Paul Dixon ever featured for Scotland? :unsure:

You ruined an excellent post with this howler.

McManus has played in most games this season for Boro, and has allegedly been excellent in every one.

Otherwise, post of the week.