Scotland Game

Willjag

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbery, Blatant dive for the Czech penalty, then Berra booked when tripped in the box and another penalty denied. Scottish standard refereeing.

What about the penalty that the Czech's should have got in the first half, for which Adam was lucky to stay on the park. I am afraid that Levein's unbelieveable tactics in Prague are now coming back to haunt us!

As said tpyical Scotland. Felt that Wilson was pretty poor (not that anyone was amazing) but think it's a bit harsh to blame Wilson when the guy dived. Agree that he was caught out for the 1st goal though.

Wilson was caught out for the penalty too. The Czech ran past him and he bottled the challenge. He may have dived but he should not have had the opportunity. It's tough to blame a 19 year old but it is obvious why he has had only 2 first-team appearances for Liverpool in last 2 seasons. However, Levein picked him and he has to show that he can perform at international level.

Edited by kni

Shades of our game with Dundee when a linesman isn't consulted and the ref who must clearly be in a worse position gives the penalty. Can anyone really believe that both the ref and the linesman both saw Wilson get even close to the guy who dived? The Dundee comparison of course goes further when not much later we're denied a penalty.

I've only spoken to one guy who was at the game and he agrees with the televised view that the Czechs on performance were worthy of a draw. That's not the way games are decided,as we only too well know from three of our four league games this season, so we've every right to feel aggrieved tonight.

Oh, and another thing, can anyone of an age imagine those two late decisions going against us at Hampden in a crunch match in the 60s or 70s?

We didn't deserve to win and a draw was a fair result.

The last two penalty decisions paper over the cracks and give Levein an excuse.

The SFA will continue to appoint managers who are just not up to it, the cheap option every time.

Absolutley the worst referee I've seen at international level - allowing Hutton to be kicked all over the park (but also missing things like Adam's attrocious tackle in the penalty box) - what I'd say is who can say what would have happened if there'd been a decent referee.

However as the game panned out with that particular referee a draw was fair. Levein blew it in the away leg against the Czechs. With him in charge we can forget about the world cup. OK maybe our group would be too hard anyway but I think he'll just embarass us.

He's made bad mistakes but what's worse he refuses to admit them and accuses fans of ignorance for not appreciating the clever tactics which were "unlucky" not to work.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Jeezo, these ******s on this thread need to get a grip. Who the **** else is there for this job????????? Cloud cuckoo land if anyone of you thinks we can attract a big name manager!!!. Wake up and smell the coffee we are at our level and Levein is the best we can do. :mad2:

The two late penalty-related decisions were down to either (i) The ref is so utterly incompetent that he just couldn't get them right - He's a FIFA accredited referee, so that doesn't wash. Or (ii) He's a thoroughly corrupt crook who cheated for personal gain. Well, if it's not (i) then it's (ii). The Dutch ref was consciously cheating - incontrovertible.

I am eminently aware that Levein is a joke and must be replaced PDQ, but when you add to that a blatantly corrupt referee then we're goosed. Imprisonment is the only fitting justice for this dog. FIFA/UEFA have neither the balls nor the inclination to weed out this sort of villain, and until they do we will struggle more than our available standards of player and manager dictate we should do.

Credit, by the way, to Neil McCann for using the phrase "we were cheated", because that's exactly what happened this afternoon. Walter Smith talked anodyne shite when saying how we the result was a bit harsh on us. No, Walter, we were humped by a villain - you're retired now and can't get banned for being honest. Just stop fann*ing about and tell it like it is; N McC got it bang on.

Jeezo, these ******s on this thread need to get a grip. Who the **** else is there for this job????????? Cloud cuckoo land if anyone of you thinks we can attract a big name manager!!!. Wake up and smell the coffee we are at our level and Levein is the best we can do. :mad2:

Utter rubbish.

There are plenty managers who could do a better job than Levein. I'd have Dick Campbell before I'd have Levein and that is saying something!!!!

Lets look at the facts of the game. They had 2 gilt edged chances within the first 5 mins of the game, they had a stonewall pen denied and we scored on the stroke of half time with our first attempt on goal (with the help of a dodgy stand-in keeper).

2nd half, we let them come on to us, replace our left back with a guy who has had absolutely no first team football (when we have natural fullbacks on the bench), lose a poor goal defensively, got ourselves back in the game thanks to a slip in their defence (and some great play from Miller & Fletcher) then lose a pen to a dodgy decision (which probably evened out the earlier one).

We were not unlucky. We were the victim of poor tactics from our so called 'manager' whose disgraceful, arrogant and deluded decision to play 4-6-0 in Prague is now coming home to roost.

In short, don't blame the ref, blame Craig Levein.

Utter rubbish.

There are plenty managers who could do a better job than Levein. I'd have Dick Campbell before I'd have Levein and that is saying something!!!!

Lets look at the facts of the game. They had 2 gilt edged chances within the first 5 mins of the game, they had a stonewall pen denied and we scored on the stroke of half time with our first attempt on goal (with the help of a dodgy stand-in keeper).

2nd half, we let them come on to us, replace our left back with a guy who has had absolutely no first team football (when we have natural fullbacks on the bench), lose a poor goal defensively, got ourselves back in the game thanks to a slip in their defence (and some great play from Miller & Fletcher) then lose a pen to a dodgy decision (which probably evened out the earlier one).

We were not unlucky. We were the victim of poor tactics from our so called 'manager' whose disgraceful, arrogant and deluded decision to play 4-6-0 in Prague is now coming home to roost.

In short, don't blame the ref, blame Craig Levein.

Where did I blame the referee?And as for saying you would have Dick Campbell????????Oh dear!! You obviously wouldnt know a football if it smacked you in the face. The reality is that there are no managers of a higher class than Levein who would take the job.We have to cut our cloth accordingly. Levein is only picking up the pieces of the utter mess that we have been in for years.We have been going backward since we last qualified for a tournament.The game is in an utter mess and is going nowhere fast. We are reaping what we have sowed with outliving our means and strangling youth at birth trying to be a mini English Premiership.

Its only now that decent young talent is coming through and I dont think anyone else can do better tahn Levein at the moment.

And I wish people would move on from the **** up he made in Prague. Yes he arsed that one, but havent we all in our job at sometime. You move on and learn from it.

Sorry but to suggest Levein is the best we can do makes my blood boil. It is a toatl cringe to suggest he is the best we can do.

There are managers out there who could do a better job. (my tounge was firmly in my cheek when I suggested DC) The arrogance of Levein is outrageous, he is still suggesting he was right to play with no strikers in Prague. He is hiding behind the ref for today's result despite the fact that we were outplayed for most of the match and his decisions cost us.

Sorry but to suggest Levein is the best we can do makes my blood boil. It is a toatl cringe to suggest he is the best we can do.

There are managers out there who could do a better job. (my tounge was firmly in my cheek when I suggested DC) The arrogance of Levein is outrageous, he is still suggesting he was right to play with no strikers in Prague. He is hiding behind the ref for today's result despite the fact that we were outplayed for most of the match and his decisions cost us.

OK. I will play along. Who do you think we should give the job to, who is better, but definitely not worse, than Levein. I have one possibility in mind. ;)

OK. I will play along. Who do you think we should give the job to, who is better, but definitely not worse, than Levein. I have one possibility in mind. ;)

The only penalty decision that was an actually penalty was the one in the first half where Adam took Baros right out the game. On the other 2, if you give one you have to give both, and to deny our penalty was shocking decision. Overall we did not deserve the 3 points, and if ref made the right calls regarding the penalties then the end result would still have been a draw. So, 3 wins for us and 1 win + a defeat for the Czechs and we're through, aye and Im gona win the lotto next week :(

Levein is far too negative tactically and after 5/10 mins of the second half we defended far too deep. Naismith and Morrison should have be subbed at half-time, or early in the second, as both were wastefull. Bardsley WAS injured and needed to come off, but why put Wilson on instead of a recognised full back?

As for who could replace Levein, well I have 2 suggstions, one wouldn't touch it with a bargepole and the other probably doesn't deserve a second chance - Sir Alex and Wattie Smiff.

i'm old enough to remember qualifing on dodgy decisions....jordans hand ball....cooper pen....both v wales.........what goes around..comes around....this is our time to be shafted...add a shite manager and we're gubbed big time......

long as jags beat county next week....couldn't give a toss about today.

used to care so much bout national team...those days are long gone .

I must admit that I was bemused by the optimism of Scotland fans and even the press going into this game. I fully expected us to lose. The team is basically full of non-entities, and the manager is an uninspiring example of ineptitude. There is no evidence whatsover of any improvement in the Scotland team's performances. It'll be many years before we ever qualify for a major tournament again, I reckon.

The only penalty decision that was an actually penalty was the one in the first half where Adam took Baros right out the game. On the other 2, if you give one you have to give both, and to deny our penalty was shocking decision. Overall we did not deserve the 3 points, and if ref made the right calls regarding the penalties then the end result would still have been a draw. So, 3 wins for us and 1 win + a defeat for the Czechs and we're through, aye and Im gona win the lotto next week :(

Levein is far too negative tactically and after 5/10 mins of the second half we defended far too deep. Naismith and Morrison should have be subbed at half-time, or early in the second, as both were wastefull. Bardsley WAS injured and needed to come off, but why put Wilson on instead of a recognised full back?

As for who could replace Levein, well I have 2 suggstions, one wouldn't touch it with a bargepole and the other probably doesn't deserve a second chance - Sir Alex and Wattie Smiff.

Yeah! You are right about Sir Alex, BUT SMITH???????? The guy who bailed out mid campaign to go back to his beloved H*n ********???????.Aye!1 Why dont we beg for him back after his treachery, just what the game needs.If we are down this road why not try Jim Jefferies??????

i'm old enough to remember qualifing on dodgy decisions....jordans hand ball....cooper pen....both v wales.........what goes around..comes around....this is our time to be shafted...add a shite manager and we're gubbed big time......

long as jags beat county next week....couldn't give a toss about today.

used to care so much bout national team...those days are long gone .

this, a bit like Scottish football in general, in decline and crap to watch. :thumbdown:

Agree with those who say that the 'we was robbed' story doesn't wash. Baros should have scored that sitter in the first half and they had as blatant a penalty as you will ever see turned down when Adam fouled him. We should have been 2-0 down by the time Miller scored, and the keeper should have easily saved that as well.

We sat back in the second half, and you could see their first equaliser coming a mile away. This is not the great Nedved Czech team of ten years ago, they are not that good and we have been far too negative both times against them. We just don't have the players to pull this off - Wilson at left-back was a bizarre substitution, but our biggest weakness is central defence anyway, so we are always likely to concede if we sit back and invite teams onto us, which is what we did.

With Spain always going to win the group, the play-offs should have been reachable but Levein has blown it. 5 points from 5 games against poor opposition is not good enough, if we hold him to the same standard as Burley then he should be shown the door. I never, ever, thought I would say that I would take Walter Smith back, but I probably would now.

Yeah! You are right about Sir Alex, BUT SMITH???????? The guy who bailed out mid campaign to go back to his beloved H*n ********???????.Aye!1 Why dont we beg for him back after his treachery, just what the game needs.If we are down this road why not try Jim Jefferies??????

Smith was the one who I said probably doesn't deserve a second chance (for the reasons you mention), good rant tho :D

If the Czechs lose to Spain and in Kaunas,we still have a small chance.

Of course,we have to beat lithuania and Lichtenstein.

That might be the stumbling block.

and Spain :(

Hawd oan, why would the Czechs be playing Spain in Kaunas? You meant Lithuania eh? Well that scenario is the most likely (but still unlikely).

Edited by Steven H

Agree with all of that except the last sentence. Sir Alex would not take the job. Smith might but he's probably looking for a better job. Billy Davies or Jim Jeffries could not be any worse than useless Levein.

The only time we played decent football was in the few minutes after they equalised the first time. We've seen it with the Jags too often of late where we've been uncomfortable holding on to a lead, defending too deep, clueless at closing a game down but you expect more at international level.

I fully understand those unhappy with Levein, I include myself, but it's a sad day when a Scotland side doesn't have leaders on the park. Some of our best ever results have been with managers out of their depth but they could rely on strong personalities on the pitch to more than compensate for their failings. I'm not even meaning the likes of Law, Baxter or Dalglish, that's pipe.dream stuff but just one or two players who can read a game and influence their teammates.

Our biggest failings used to be players ignoring team instructions and doing their own thing. Grieves me to say but even that sort of cavalier attitude would be a step up from what we had on the park yesterday.