Scott Gemmill To The Jags

ptfc 1971 4-1

I heard a lot of people saying that last season's 2nd Division 3rd top goalscorer Scott Gemmill could be on the verge of a move to Firhill, Gemmill was released by Airdrie United last season as the player could not accept the low wages that Airdrie had offered him. I just wondered if the fans would like Gemmill to be a part of the Jags team, although he may have been an Airdrie player, I would personaly love him should he make a the move, because he runs and runs and can play a killer pass with a half decent finnish on him.

Do any other Thistle fans approve of this possible signing becoming part of the team?

You've got to ask the question why he's not playing for another club and then if he's got an attitude problem. It's not that he could've ever have been on a "big" wage in the first place. Maybe he's got a job outside football?

Go along with kevin energy & MWM that he's generally played well against us. Seem to mind he had a bit of dig about him and a hard shot.

While Fraser & Burns are out on loan we're probably an attacking player short and Gemmill could fill a gap in the squad. But in saying that I'm putting finances aside and can't see the point of bringing a player in on say a short term contract that would need to get match fit.

I heard a lot of people saying that last season's 2nd Division 3rd top goalscorer Scott Gemmill could be on the verge of a move to Firhill, Gemmill was released by Airdrie United last season as the player could not accept the low wages that Airdrie had offered him. I just wondered if the fans would like Gemmill to be a part of the Jags team, although he may have been an Airdrie player, I would personaly love him should he make a the move, because he runs and runs and can play a killer pass with a half decent finnish on him.

Do any other Thistle fans approve of this possible signing becoming part of the team?

The only decent Finnish that I approve of is big Jukka Santala

Soccerbase says that he scored 14 league goals in 54 (8 as sub) games in 2 years at Airdrie. That's 1 in 4 - hardly prolific. Even worse, he only scored twice in 30 league games (7 as sub) in the previous for Clyde. There must be better alternatives available, e.g.Tam McManus, if we are looking for a striker.

My uncle's an airdrie supporter and said that killie were interested in him but the only thing was that he has no consistency (we're the right club 4 him then!) ;)

Very sorry to hear that.

I don't suppose there's many families without a skeleton or two in their cupboards but that must be very hard for you to bear.

this boy has made that much impression on me, i dont even know who he is :thumbdown: he's an airdrie b too

hah anything but, any club that does the nazi solute is way down in my estimations, but my uncle isn't 1 of those fans and the club gave him a free season ticket coz he went to 300 games on the trott, nit missing 1!

I dont see what difference this would make, Mark Roberts was an Airdrie player before he joined us.

If there was a player from Airdrie United I would like to see us sign would be Ryan Donnelly who seems to be scoring a barrowload for them. Im not even to sure that he is actually a striker either I think Donnelly may play in midfield :thinking:

I dont see what difference this would make, Mark Roberts was an Airdrie player before he joined us.

If there was a player from Airdrie United I would like to see us sign would be Ryan Donnelly who seems to be scoring a barrowload for them. Im not even to sure that he is actually a striker either I think Donnelly may play in midfield :thinking:

Midfield :thumbsup2: