Have A Wee Ever Had A Game On A Thursday?

ian_mac

With this week seeing the first ever friday night match, got me thinking - have we ever had a game on a thursday night? We had a monday night game a couple of seasons ago which was a first as well.

I don't think the recent Monday game was a first, during the 70's & 80's (and no doubt earlier as well) many 2nd or 3rd cup replays were played on a Monday. Not sure about the Thursday though

Absolutely no idea.

But a good excuse to mention our Sunday game against Ferranti Thistle in the Scottish Cup. I'm guessing now, but I think it was 1976, and just about the first Sunday game we'd ever had. (I could check my Official History book, but that's too easy.) There were newspaper interviews with the Livingston Ferranti players about how this was so exciting for them.

I think we won 6-1.

Absolutely no idea.

But a good excuse to mention our Sunday game against Ferranti Thistle in the Scottish Cup. I'm guessing now, but I think it was 1976, and just about the first Sunday game we'd ever had. (I could check my Official History book, but that's too easy.) There were newspaper interviews with the Livingston Ferranti players about how this was so exciting for them.

I think we won 6-1.

we played Dundee at home in the Cup on a Sunday (we lost) around about the same time, not sure if it was before or after the Ferranti game

With this week seeing the first ever friday night match, got me thinking - have we ever had a game on a thursday night? We had a monday night game a couple of seasons ago which was a first as well.

Almost certainly, especially when you consider the Boxing Day and New Year's Day fixtures staged over the years.

We've almost certainly played on a Friday before as well. Robert Reid mentioned to me a fixture with Ayr United in, I think, the 1970s that was played on a Friday.

Absolutely no idea.

I think we won 6-1.

My memory plays all sorts of tricks these days, but I vaguely recall we played Cowdenbeath on a Sunday in the cup some time during the '70s. Very happy to be corrected on that.

And as an aside, I used enjoy watching the reserves on a Friday night in the '60s; only the main stand was open for these games and we used to get a few hundred along to watch. Some bizarre things used to happen then, like John Divers playing with baseball boots (basies) and our regular reserve keeper starting in defence etc etc. Oh, and the pies and bovril were the dug's baws on freezin Friday nights.

My memory plays all sorts of tricks these days, but I vaguely recall we played Cowdenbeath on a Sunday in the cup some time during the '70s. Very happy to be corrected on that.

And as an aside, I used enjoy watching the reserves on a Friday night in the '60s; only the main stand was open for these games and we used to get a few hundred along to watch. Some bizarre things used to happen then, like John Divers playing with baseball boots (basies) and our regular reserve keeper starting in defence etc etc. Oh, and the pies and bovril were the dug's baws on freezin Friday nights.

Was it not East Fife in the Cup where we drew and the replay was cancelled about 5 times due to the weather ?

Most Bizarre fixture ever played by PTFC -Tuesday Afternoon against Hearts in a Scottish Cup replay due to the Miners Strike and Power Cuts games could not be played at night ,from memory there was about 8000 there ( Although I could be talking pants -accurate crowd Mr Hosie ?)

Dogged School to be at the game ,the belt the next day was a small price to pay for following the Jags :D

Closely followed by a 9pm kick off at Metz !!!!

• Members

Most Bizarre fixture ever played by PTFC -Tuesday Afternoon against Hearts in a Scottish Cup replay due to the Miners Strike and Power Cuts games could not be played at night ,from memory there was about 8000 there ( Although I could be talking pants -accurate crowd Mr Hosie ?)

Dogged School to be at the game ,the belt the next day was a small price to pay for following the Jags :D

Closely followed by a 9pm kick off at Metz !!!!

Would have been worth it had we won! :(

Absolutely no idea.

I think we won 6-1.

Ferranti Thistle gane was our first ever sunday game. I was there :D