Best Scottish Album Tv Programme

alx

That was a good programme, presented by Clare Grogan (cue knee rubbing in the style of Vic Reeves). The format wisnae bad either, the panel choose 15 tracks from a decade, and the public vote for their top three (by next tuesday). No arguments about the 70s one, all the big-hitters were in there. No Tourists, they must be keeping that for the 80s.

Soooooooo, next week is the 80s. Predictions? Jesus and Mary Chain (Some Candy talking), Primal Scream (Loaded), Annie Lennox (yon top hit can't remember... Only an Angel?), Waterboys (Whole of the Sea), Simple Minds (Don't You Forget About Me, American), Pastels (don't know their stuff), Goodbye Mr Mackenzie (Rattling Boy). Plus all the shite bands like Hipsway, Gun, Love and Money, Hue and Cry (all the cardigan wearing types that hung about in the Rock Garden).

That was a good programme, presented by Clare Grogan (cue knee rubbing in the style of Vic Reeves). The format wisnae bad either, the panel choose 15 tracks from a decade, and the public vote for their top three (by next tuesday). No arguments about the 70s one, all the big-hitters were in there. No Tourists, they must be keeping that for the 80s.

Soooooooo, next week is the 80s. Predictions? Jesus and Mary Chain (Some Candy talking), Primal Scream (Loaded), Annie Lennox (yon top hit can't remember... Only an Angel?), Waterboys (Whole of the Sea), Simple Minds (Don't You Forget About Me, American), Pastels (don't know their stuff), Goodbye Mr Mackenzie (Rattling Boy). Plus all the shite bands like Hipsway, Gun, Love and Money, Hue and Cry (all the cardigan wearing types that hung about in the Rock Garden).

Oi! rock garden was class!

have a look at this website which has been about for quite a few years. almost exactly the same list for the 70's as the independent panel chose!

so if you want to know what is getting discussed for the 80's.... i'll put money of it being what this website has.

.... Jeezo I've missed about 10 fairly obvious ones at least. The panel have their work cut for them next week.

.... Jeezo I've missed about 10 fairly obvious ones at least. The panel have their work cut for them next week.

The 80's probably were the greatest for popular music. when the rest of Britain was producing synth keyboard shoite, we had a great range of guitar based bands.

no offence to synth players..... you fckin weirdos!!!

Okay, here goes I'm going to stick my neck out.... Screamadelica was 90s so leaving Primal Scream for next week. I’m calling Gun a 90s band as well. I’ve left out the shite bands (Hue & Cry, Love and Money, Hipsway) out of badness. The panel may disagree depending upon their cardigan status.

(1) Annie Lennox

(2) Aztec Camera

(3) Big Country

(4) Blue Bells

(5) Deacon Blue

(6) Jesus and the Mary Chain

(7) Marillion

(8) Orange Juice

(9) Proclaimers

(10) Runrig

(11) Sheena Easton

(12) Simple Minds

(13) Talking Heads

(14) Texas

(15) Wet Wet Wet

Okay, here goes I'm going to stick my neck out.... Screamadelica was 90s so leaving Primal Scream for next week. I’m calling Gun a 90s band as well. I’ve left out the shite bands (Hue & Cry, Love and Money, Hipsway) out of badness. The panel may disagree depending upon their cardigan status.

(1) Annie Lennox

(2) Aztec Camera

(3) Big Country

(4) Blue Bells

(5) Deacon Blue

(7) Marillion

(8) Orange Juice

(9) Proclaimers

(10) Runrig

(11) Sheena Easton

(12) Simple Minds

(13) Talking Heads

(14) Texas

(15) Wet Wet Wet

You've left out the sh1te bands and at the same time included the sh1te bands. Sheena Easton!!! FFS!!!!

(1) Annie Lennox

(2) Aztec Camera

(3) Big Country

(4) Blue Bells

(5) Deacon Blue

(7) Marillion

(8) Orange Juice

(9) Proclaimers

(10) Runrig

(11) Sheena Easton

(12) Simple Minds

(13) Talking Heads

(14) Texas

(15) Wet Wet Wet

My idea of hell ...

You've left out the sh1te bands and at the same time included the sh1te bands. Sheena Easton!!! FFS!!!!

They'll include an internationally renowned big hitter no matter how rubbish they are. Wet wet wet are rank rotten as well, but charted too high to ignore.

Just watched the programme on ye hard disk recorder.

Not picked: (7) Marillion / (10) Runrig / (11) Sheena Easton / (13) Talking Heads / (14) Texas / (15) Wet Wet Wet

Picked: (1) Annie Lennox (picked a Eurythmics track though) / (2) Aztec Camera / (3) Big Country / (4) Blue Bells / (5) Deacon Blue / (6) Jesus and the Mary Chain / (8) Orange Juice / (9) Proclaimers/ (12) Simple Minds

Not on my list: Hue and Cry – first choice by panel, Grrrrrrrrr!!! / Blue Nile / Associates / Danny Wilson / Lloyd Cole / Bronski Beat

Oh dear I didn’t do as well as hoped, the cheeky swines changed the rules this week, and picked the ones that they danced in their cardigans to. I’m changing my tactics for next weeks predictions….. soooooooooo…. 90s……

Just watched the programme on ye hard disk recorder.

Not picked: (7) Marillion / (10) Runrig / (11) Sheena Easton / (13) Talking Heads / (14) Texas / (15) Wet Wet Wet

Picked: (1) Annie Lennox (picked a Eurythmics track though) / (2) Aztec Camera / (3) Big Country / (4) Blue Bells / (5) Deacon Blue / (6) Jesus and the Mary Chain / (8) Orange Juice / (9) Proclaimers/ (12) Simple Minds

Not on my list: Hue and Cry – first choice by panel, Grrrrrrrrr!!! / Blue Nile / Associates / Danny Wilson / Lloyd Cole / Bronski Beat

Of those not picked, i'm surprised at 7 and 10 being omitted. 14 and 15 may appear in the 90's option.

Of those on you list and picked, in all honesty 2, 4 and 8 shouldn't have been, at least on terms of longevity and/or success.

Of those not on your list but picked by the panel, the only one out of them i'd say was a possible worthy contender for inclusion would be Lloyd Cole. However if the panel is choosing likes of Hue and Cry, Bronski Beat and Danny Wilson, then it's no wonder likes of Marillion and Runrig were overlooked. Remind me, who is on the panel who chooses what the great Scottish public can vote for?

No Ian Anderson. What's even the point of that programme?

The most prolific writer of the highest possible quality music over 40 fckn years isn't mentioned.

You could pick ANY Tull album, ANY one of them, and it will be MILES better than whatever shi'ite these fckn morons come up with.

You must be forgetting "Under Wraps"? I'm a massive Tull fan but even Sheena Easton's first album is better than that.

You must be forgetting "Under Wraps"? I'm a massive Tull fan but even Sheena Easton's first album is better than that.

Yes. This is always cast up to me, even by massive Tull fans like your very good self. However, my response is always - "You need to learn the album. You need to listen to it until you know it well enough to tell what the next track is going to be".

If you can do that, you will know just how very, very good that album is. It's a masterpiece, really and truy, but it does need a considerable investment of your time time to get to know it.