17Th July Friendly

macca

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't be surprised if we arrange a game with Airdrie. Don't think they've got a pre-season organised yet. Don't know where we'd play it though. We wouldn't want to play an extra home game with the re-seeding and even if their pitch was ready we wouldn't want to play on plastic.

So my prediction would be a glamour friendly against Airdrie in Glasgow Green.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

For those interested Thistle are playing a Celtic "11" at Lennoxtown in a closed door game on the 17th July.Anyone who is familiar with this area will know you will be able to see the game if you wish to

where did u hear that one? will head along to that methinks, my dad stays in lennoxtown.

cheers :thumbsup:

For those interested Thistle are playing a Celtic "11" at Lennoxtown in a closed door game on the 17th July.Anyone who is familiar with this area will know you will be able to see the game if you wish to

How the feck do you get into that place btw? I had a look a while ago & culdn't find the entrance anywhere!

I thought that we were cosying up to Celtic a bit recently.

I know this is probably on the wrong thread but whats the chances of us getting Conroy back on a season loan next year?

I for one would welcome him.

I hope you’re not implying Paddy Boyle is not good enough?

I thought Conroy was out of contract at the end of the season just gone by?

Nope. He's still contracted to next season. He doesn't know if Lennon will want to keep him on or tell him to go. He really enjoyed his time at Thistle, so if he was told to find a new club, I wouldn't be surprised to see him here, but he'll be on a decent wage at Parkhead. So, weather or not we can afford him, I don't know.

Still off topic but the QP game at St Andrews coincides with T in the Park. If I remember I'll post nearer the time but normal route Glasgow-Kincardine Bridge-Kinross-Cupar-St Andrews will be a complete no-no.

Any ideas whereabouts in St. Andrews this is being played?

I'm guessing but I'm sure I've seen the Uni pitches on the main way in (as you pass the Old Course Hotel on the left the Uni grounds are up the hill on the right). Nearest pub probably the Whey Pat in Bridge St.

That's what I was thinking but with the open golf being up there the following week wasn't sure if they were open/available for use.