Lack Of New Merchandise This Season

lennythistle

While we changed our kits this season, there is a lack of any other new merchandise. I've always quite liked the leisure wear we have brought out and find it quite surprising there has been nothing new for this season.

It is not that long till Christmas, so would have thought Greaves would have been looking to get some stuff out there. Would also be good to see a larger range of stuff available for the younger fans.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we changed our kits this season, there is a lack of any other new merchandise. I've always quite liked the leisure wear we have brought out and find it quite surprising there has been nothing new for this season.

It is not that long till Christmas, so would have thought Greaves would have been looking to get some stuff out there. Would also be good to see a larger range of stuff available for the younger fans.

good grief. can't believe you're having a pop at the club for this. the retail side of things is one of the success stories in recent times. come on, support the club.

good grief. can't believe you're having a pop at the club for this. the retail side of things is one of the success stories in recent times. come on, support the club.

It's a symptom of having good new merchandise consistently for a few years. One year without it and people wonder why. For some it is disappointing as they like to buy new club gear all the time, particularly in the run up to Christmas, for others they might think Greaves are trying to fleece us if they constantly bring out new stuff. Probably depends on whether you buy clothes out of want or necessity, for me it is the latter and probably why I only own one pair of trousers.

Now, Now, you two, don't start again or we'll have to sit youse at different desk's.

Edited by JAGZ1876

It's a symptom of having good new merchandise consistently for a few years. One year without it and people wonder why. For some it is disappointing as they like to buy new club gear all the time, particularly in the run up to Christmas, for others they might think Greaves are trying to fleece us if they constantly bring out new stuff. Probably depends on whether you buy clothes out of want or necessity, for me it is the latter and probably why I only own one pair of trousers.

Err, too much information.

I suspect that Greaves have been stuck with a lot of Thistle stock, e.g. old shirts, training wear etc. Last season's shirt and pink camoflage shirt are available in most sizes for £20 and £10 respectively. If the fans don't buy the stuff, you can't expect Greaves to order more.

• 4 weeks later...

Another thread got me thinking about this again. What a shame that there has been little to no attempt to promote Jags stuff at Greaves for Christmas. Either price reductions for stock that they're finding hard to shift, or a new range of items.

The whole venture just seems to be stagnating a bit.

But just wait till the Thistle tartan scarves arrive, eh?

Another thread got me thinking about this again. What a shame that there has been little to no attempt to promote Jags stuff at Greaves for Christmas. Either price reductions for stock that they're finding hard to shift, or a new range of items.

Was looking at my season ticket book the other day. I'm sure there is a december voucher in there, but with no new stock, don't see what use it is. I'm going into Greaves today so will ask about new merchandise.

I suspect that Greaves have been stuck with a lot of Thistle stock, e.g. old shirts, training wear etc. Last season's shirt and pink camoflage shirt are available in most sizes for £20 and £10 respectively. If the fans don't buy the stuff, you can't expect Greaves to order more.

That's it in a nutshell. Greaves are probably now finding the same problem that the club did when it came to being left with loads of extra stock and have decided not to bother getting more stuff in. Shame, because it will probably affect how good the deal is for the club when it comes for renewal.

Did have a chat with Greaves staff and Kni is pretty much spot on with his assessment.

We've had a lot of merchandise brought out since Greaves took over and now greaves find themselves with a lot of stock that needs to be sold. The last lot of training wear never sold well. I mentioned some of it looked like Airdrie merchandise and the staff agreed. It's also the stuff that isn't being sold. Never helped with the camo pink away top, that the centenary top came out around same time and that resulted in poor sales. This season's strips are selling great.

So there be no new stuff this season. Need to try sell what stock is left.

Next season there will be new training wear. There will also be a new away kit. The designs are being put to the players next week. They would not tell me on design or colour. They are aware the black one is popular. Club are still keen on pink but they (greaves) feel fans aren't and that it has ran its course. I did mention some fans like white with red n yellow incorporated within it. The woman who is in charge of the design just gave me a wry smile.

Home top staying as is for next season.

I tried my best with the tartan scarves, then the line went cold, emails not answered and so on, even asked in the shop. Still a good idea I think but I've lost interest now. If anybody wants to take it on then please do.

That reminds me, is anybody filming the Hall Of Fame dinners? If not, why? These memories should be recorded and shared. Assuming they're not being filmed, this time last year I'd have volunteered, but right now I've never been less interested. I've not been to an away game in ages but quite fancy Somerset this midweek. Some old school might reignite my interest cos Firhill is a lifeless place these days, football is generally keech and I include the Premiership and Chumps League. Happy days...I'd rather :music:

Edited by beep0608

If Greaves are struggling to shift some stock, a lot of our support have shown little interest in then they've only got themselves to blame.

Some of the stuff they have come up with has been awful.

Not sure what stuff you refer to but just for clarity, Greaves don't come up with designs for the training wear. That is Puma. Greaves themselves thought the Puma design of training wear a season or so ago was too like an Airdrie design and felt it wouldn't sell. It clearly hasn't.

If you refer to other stuff, guess it's down to individual tastes.

Not sure what stuff you refer to

The infamous - Chevron Polo

Don't forget the camoflage strip and other camoflage clothing.

Scarfs - why stick grey in a Thistle scarf? Save your money and buy a proper old school one from the bottom of the South Drive, when they're there.

True but I've not seen one person at Firhill ever wear that polo, which looks as if it was designed in about 10 seconds with a shite and stupid colour scheme.

Not sure what stuff you refer to but just for clarity, Greaves don't come up with designs for the training wear. That is Puma. Greaves themselves thought the Puma design of training wear a season or so ago was too like an Airdrie design and felt it wouldn't sell. It clearly hasn't.

I would agree. The training gear must be in our club colours. Who wants a training top in red, white and black?

You also have to question the design of the pink camouflage away strip. It appears that Greaves are stuck with lots of them and can't even attract buyers at £10.

They are offering last home top in most sizes for £15. They even have the 2008-10 top in large sizes for £10. It would appear that Greaves have over-ordered by huge amounts and it must be expensive to have so much dead stock.

Edited to add a further thought. Greaves/the club could offer old strips and training gear at cost price to school and amateur teams. It would be a good way to promote the club and the teams could get new strips very cheaply.

Edited by kni

I tried my best with the tartan scarves, then the line went cold, emails not answered and so on, even asked in the shop. Still a good idea I think but I've lost interest now. If anybody wants to take it on then please do.

That reminds me, is anybody filming the Hall Of Fame dinners? If not, why? These memories should be recorded and shared. Assuming they're not being filmed, this time last year I'd have volunteered, but right now I've never been less interested. I've not been to an away game in ages but quite fancy Somerset this midweek. Some old school might reignite my interest cos Firhill is a lifeless place these days, football is generally keech and I include the Premiership and Chumps League. Happy days...I'd rather :music:

You could ask Tommy Dunnett he has had his camera there at least 2-3 times he may have a record of them