Recent Euromillions Winner

elevenone

just read article (link below) that recent 161m euromillions winner chris weir has dug into his pocket to keep the waverley paddle steamer afloat and running for 2012 and this after also hearing he donated 1m to snp after alex salmond got in touch. Didnt this guy declare himself a jags fan cause if so i really hope the club are sending a nice wee letter to him. Some loose change from him could fund a signing or two in jan or help plug the leak from the warriors leaving and it does seem he is the generous type. Thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15678523

Gives a million to a bunch of lying politicians and nothing to the Jags! :thumbdown:

I concur.

ETA: Salmond however, did ask for a donation (according to the OP). We haven't even tried approaching him, maybe we should have. It would barely bite into his fortune to clear our debt.

We'd probably need to offer something in return. The Weir city end terrace? A life-time family season ticket (read as life-sentence)?

Gives a million to a bunch of lying politicians and nothing to the Jags! :thumbdown:

They didn't give a million to a bunch of lying politicians, they gave their money to the only party that can deliver their desire of an independent Scotland. As for the Jags, don't be too quick to condemn them, i'm sure if he is a jags fan, and remember he lives in Largs, whose local team are also nicknamed the Jags (could be he was misquoted)then they will get around to us in their own good time.

I concur.

ETA: Salmond however, did ask for a donation (according to the OP). We haven't even tried approaching him, maybe we should have. It would barely bite into his fortune to clear our debt.

We'd probably need to offer something in return. The Weir city end terrace? A life-time family season ticket (read as life-sentence)?

Says who?

They didn't give a million to a bunch of lying politicians, they gave their money to the only party that can deliver their desire of an independent Scotland. As for the Jags, don't be too quick to condemn them, i'm sure if he is a jags fan, and remember he lives in Largs, whose local team are also nicknamed the Jags (could be he was misquoted)then they will get around to us in their own good time.

no he was right the first time :thumbsup2: